Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 12:44 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
My birthday doesn't bother me because I've never been a big birthday person anyways.

It sucks being single when I want to travel. Friends never have the money or time, so I go alone or don't go at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
I would have to agree with this as well. I love to travel, but unfortunately I have no one to travel with and it sucks. I haven't had a vacation going on two years, only because I have no one to go anywhere with me
I'd have to kill someone if I had to travel with them. There have been very few people I can travel with.

I travel all the time, I live in Europe and travel from Friday night through Sunday just about every weekend. Winters a little less.
I love traveling alone.
I revel in driving and being by myself.
I don't have to worry about another's needs or wants. I can spend 6 hours in a museum if I like, sleep in all day if that's my preference.
If I feel like meeting people along the way, I do.

Raptor, go on your own! You'll learn a lot about yourself and might be surprised at how well you get around on your own.
Someone in the travel folder went on her first solo trip last year and loved it. I believe she's traveled a few times since.
You'll meet people enjoying the same things that you do.
It's great, give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
sounds like a horrible relationship
How can you say that about one facet of a relationship?
You do realize that he probably has many fine qualities, even though you may not like this.
Do you dismiss people because there's one thing about them that you don't like?
It seems that you don't know much about relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 01:23 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,136 times
I always wanted someone to go out with on New Year's Eve. Never happened -- EVER! Now I just treat it as another day.

Same with my BD. BD's were never a big deal in my family so I just treat it as another day also.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Why don't you do all of these things with friends. Or combine 1,2 and 3 with the pretty girl?
Me and my friends have different taste in TV. My family birthday dinner has been postponed to July 7th.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'd have to kill someone if I had to travel with them. There have been very few people I can travel with.

I travel all the time, I live in Europe and travel from Friday night through Sunday just about every weekend. Winters a little less.
I love traveling alone.
I revel in driving and being by myself.
I don't have to worry about another's needs or wants. I can spend 6 hours in a museum if I like, sleep in all day if that's my preference.
If I feel like meeting people along the way, I do.

Raptor, go on your own! You'll learn a lot about yourself and might be surprised at how well you get around on your own.
Someone in the travel folder went on her first solo trip last year and loved it. I believe she's traveled a few times since.
You'll meet people enjoying the same things that you do.
It's great, give it a shot.

How can you say that about one facet of a relationship?
You do realize that he probably has many fine qualities, even though you may not like this.
Do you dismiss people because there's one thing about them that you don't like?
It seems that you don't know much about relationships.
Why would two people be together and not do anything for each other's birthday?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:27 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,479 times
My birthday was 3 weeks ago and I was single. And just came out of a relationship not too long before that, either, and I was perfectly fine.

Actually the fact I was single was probably the furthest thing from my mind. I was too busy enjoying myself.

Now being single on Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve sucks, but I stopped caring about these holidays a while ago anyway.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:37 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Why would two people be together and not do anything for each other's birthday?
That's going to destroy a whole relationship for you?
Well yeah, it would. You wouldn't go out with a woman who wore tennis shoes.

In mature relationships, you learn what's important for each other.
My ex never remembered my birthday (until after we were divorced - now he sends me cards a month early or late every few years).
It's part of the whole person, it's one part of a relationship.
Maybe birthdays aren't his thing.

I do not remember birthdays except for my immediate family.
I do not care about birthdays. If I think of someone I send a card or a gift, because I want to, not because it's expected of me.
To me, it means more to do it from my heart than from a calendar.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
That's going to destroy a whole relationship for you?
Well yeah, it would. You wouldn't go out with a woman who wore tennis shoes.

In mature relationships, you learn what's important for each other.
My ex never remembered my birthday (until after we were divorced - now he sends me cards a month early or late every few years).
It's part of the whole person, it's one part of a relationship.
Maybe birthdays aren't his thing.

I do not remember birthdays except for my immediate family.
I do not care about birthdays. If I think of someone I send a card or a gift, because I want to, not because it's expected of me.
To me, it means more to do it from my heart than from a calendar.

I';m being serious, I have never heard anything like this in my entire life. As much as females ask me on a first conversation "when is your birthday?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:42 PM

45,315 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Hell, I usually forget my own birthday. I sure don't expect others to remember it. Mrs. NBP is pretty good at remembering it. My mother, on the other hand, was always a month late until the last couple years before she died.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Hell, I usually forget my own birthday. I sure don't expect others to remember it. Mrs. NBP is pretty good at remembering it. My mother, on the other hand, was always a month late until the last couple years before she died.
This post is about to make me cry. That's horrible

Old 06-21-2012, 01:53 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,082 times
I don't mind being single on any particular day. I feel a little insecure about it when I'm at a wedding with no date, but I just try to get obliterated and no worry about it. Otherwise I don't mind being single at all. Took a lot of work to get to this point, but it's well worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships