Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:42 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,084,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
my SO never does anything for my birthday anyway lol.
Same here.

I just never have any expectations about my birthday though.

The last few years our older boys have had hockey play-offs the weekend of my birthday so I spend it ice-side cheering them on.

This year I bought myself a new Coach wallet...happy birthday to me! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 11:45 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,052,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
my SO never does anything for my birthday anyway lol.
sounds like a horrible relationship

Old 06-21-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Same here.

I just never have any expectations about my birthday though.

The last few years our older boys have had hockey play-offs the weekend of my birthday so I spend it ice-side cheering them on.

This year I bought myself a new Coach wallet...happy birthday to me! lol

Why isn't your SO doing anything for your birthday?

Old 06-21-2012, 11:48 AM

Well this is the plan for my birthday weekend, I know it's pathetic but hey what else am I going to do?

1. Buy myself 3 new DVD's of newly released shows

2. Treat myself to a nice delicious seafood dinner

3. Have a pretty girl come over who I met on craiglist for some cuddling and conversation

Old 06-21-2012, 11:50 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,988,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well this is the plan for my birthday weekend, I know it's pathetic but hey what else am I going to do?

1. Buy myself 3 new DVD's of newly released shows

2. Treat myself to a nice delicious seafood dinner

3. Have a pretty girl come over who I met on craiglist for some cuddling and conversation

Why don't you do all of these things with friends. Or combine 1,2 and 3 with the pretty girl?

Old 06-21-2012, 11:53 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,632,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Why don't you do all of these things with friends. Or combine 1,2 and 3 with the pretty girl?
sounds good

Old 06-21-2012, 12:01 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,523,046 times
New Years Eve and my birthday for me, hurts the most. When I was married we always went out every New Years Eve, and since my divorce I haven't been out for a NYE event since then and it sucks. Every year I keep saying it will be different, but it never does. And my birthday sucks, because I don't have family out here, so I can't do anything with them, and the people I know around here, just aren't that much of friends to consider spending my birthday with me, so it would be nice to have a lady at least go out to dinner with me for my birthday

Old 06-21-2012, 12:27 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,012,880 times
My birthday doesn't bother me because I've never been a big birthday person anyways.

It sucks being single when I want to travel. Friends never have the money or time, so I go alone or don't go at all.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:33 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,624,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
My birthday doesn't bother me because I've never been a big birthday person anyways.

It sucks being single when I want to travel. Friends never have the money or time, so I go alone or don't go at all.
I agree. It would be nice to have someone to go on vacation with.

Being single on my birthday doesn't bother me that much. I think I'm more bothered that I don't have female friends to hang out with on my birthday. V-day is the holiday that depresses me as a single person.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:40 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,523,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post

I would have to agree with this as well. I love to travel, but unfortunately I have no one to travel with and it sucks. I haven't had a vacation going on two years, only because I have no one to go anywhere with me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships