Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:41 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times

Advertisements

I'm convinced that the men where I live are just not looking for long term relationships. I'm tired of being single and alone. I've tried online dating, speed dating, meet ups, etc to try to meet eligible, single men here to no avail.
I don't know if I'd have better luck in a different city? Is it a geographic thing? Are there cities where the men are more likely to want relationships and families? I don't have any ties here, so it wouldn't be a big deal to leave.
Any insight on this? or am I just non-dateable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 11:51 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,849 times
what city are u living in? NYC?

Old 06-21-2012, 11:52 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,992 times
I don't know if its such a good idea to move for a relationship. What if you encounter the same thing when you relocate?

I would just stay put and have a little patience.

No offense, but maybe you are putting out the wrong vibe? I strongly DO NOT believe that there are ONLY non-dateable men in the entire area you live in (Denver). It seems you are just meeting the wrong ones.

Last edited by nj21; 06-21-2012 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: negating - bolded words

Old 06-21-2012, 11:55 AM

96 posts, read 288,836 times
OMG I feel the same way.. do you live in a rural area.by any chance? There are hardly any decent guys around this area. I'm being abit picky as well I realise this.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:56 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Im going to be direct, it has nothing to do with where you live, but everything to do with you or your behavior. Fix that, or you will end up moving and finding yourself in exact same predicament. There are men looking for what you wnat, anywhere on this globe.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:57 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Yeah, where do you live, and what kinds of reactions are you getting, if you don't mind saying? Is it that they're not interested, or you're not interested in some of them? Mutual interest is hard to find.

My observation is that people in coastal CA are the friendliest. It might have something to do with the casual beach culture, or the general informality of the place, idk. But I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I've lived in other states, and everywhere else people are very reserved by comparison.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:07 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
I'm not sure your age range, but I'm in Denver too. Let me tell you, the dating situation here is MUCH better than in most cities. More men than women, for one thing. My friends in NYC are having a terrible time in the dating arena. But NYC is a bad example: You have an unusually high proportion of super-beautiful women (models/actresses, not to mention the superwealthy) and more women than men. So as a result, perfectly lovely normal women go unpaired because the guys can get the trophy chicks much more easily. At least that's my take.

I don't think the situation is going to improve outside of Denver, honestly. My dating scenario has improved immensely, just because the numbers game is much better for me.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:12 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
No, I live in Denver. Not rural at all. I don't think I'm picky, per se, but there are things I don't want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia2004 View Post
OMG I feel the same way.. do you live in a rural area.by any chance? There are hardly any decent guys around this area. I'm being abit picky as well I realise this.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:13 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I'm not sure your age range, but I'm in Denver too. Let me tell you, the dating situation here is MUCH better than in most cities. More men than women, for one thing. My friends in NYC are having a terrible time in the dating arena. But NYC is a bad example: You have an unusually high proportion of super-beautiful women (models/actresses, not to mention the superwealthy) and more women than men. So as a result, perfectly lovely normal women go unpaired because the guys can get the trophy chicks much more easily. At least that's my take.

I don't think the situation is going to improve outside of Denver, honestly. My dating scenario has improved immensely, just because the numbers game is much better for me.
I agree with this about NYC.

Honestly, my dating situation in New Orleans was perfect! I was in college and plenty of college-aged men to go around. Between Tulane, Loyola, UNO, LSU, Xavier, Dillard, SUNO....

Atlanta, more single women then men...and plenty of married couples...

New York City/New Jersey....Men have their choices of very beautiful women...they don't stay faithful...not commited..

Anyways, I'd say stay put and go out more..

Old 06-21-2012, 12:14 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,303 times
I would think that if you are in a rural area then moving might be a good idea but since you are in a decent-sized metro I would say stay put and try changing things up a bit. As was alluded to earlier, perhaps it's something about you that is making the situation difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships