Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 04:21 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times

Advertisements

Another dating dilemma for you CD! I met a guy from online dating last week for drinks. Really nice, decent looking, but he is definitely more on the feminine side. If I had met him somewhere out and about I may have thought he was gay based on his mannerisms. I feel like an awful person saying this because he really is so nice and I really need and want a nice guy. He replies to texts and phone calls promptly and I saw him last night again for drinks. He was very polite and didn't even make any moves on me...so I initiated a kiss (maybe I had too many glasses of wine) because I wanted to know if there was any chemistry there. I'm not sure if there is, but he's been texting me today that he had a nice time and wants to go out again soon. Has anyone else ever dated a feminine/metrosexual kind of guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 04:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Another dating dilemma for you CD! I met a guy from online dating last week for drinks. Really nice, decent looking, but he is definitely more on the feminine side. If I had met him somewhere out and about I may have thought he was gay based on his mannerisms. I feel like an awful person saying this because he really is so nice and I really need and want a nice guy. He replies to texts and phone calls promptly and I saw him last night again for drinks. He was very polite and didn't even make any moves on me...so I initiated a kiss (maybe I had too many glasses of wine) because I wanted to know if there was any chemistry there. I'm not sure if there is, but he's been texting me today that he had a nice time and wants to go out again soon. Has anyone else ever dated a feminine/metrosexual kind of guy?
I'd really like to help you, but unfortunately I'm the most unmetrosexual guy I know.

He might be a little shy. If I felt chemistry on the 1st date I'd kiss her on the cheek and hug, 2nd date I'd try to kiss her lips and have deeper converation. But that's just me.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:28 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
I'm not really into guys who come off as feminine - basically a dealbreaker for me. I'm not at all into traditional gender roles, but I am just drawn to more rough and tumble sorts because I'm kind of rough and tumble myself.

Now, my friend is married to a guy who is always dressed impeccably and gifted in the domestic arts, and, when times are good, gets regular facials at a spa. But he's also a former Marine. Very difficult to perceive him as anything but a virile guy with excellent pores.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:32 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
How exactly is he feminine?
Metrosexuals are feminine?

Old 06-28-2012, 04:37 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
If you're OK with it, be OK with it. No one else's opinion matters.

I did have one (blind) date with a Guy who turned out to be like your guy. I just couldn't do it...

Old 06-28-2012, 04:46 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,417 times
My buddy and I saw one of *those* at Rockin Robin about a month ago. Maybe in the big cities these men are common. They sure aren't around here and he stuck out like a sore thumb. This was a guy in what looked like his mid 50s eating with what looked like his edlerly mother. This guy kept his napkin laid across his lap the whole time. He was wearing Docker type shorts and a Polo shirt. He kept his legs together like a woman does wearing a skirt. He dipped the tip of his fork into the ketchup before forking the fries. Everyone else in the whole place including the women used their fingers and dunked the fry. He chewed very carefully taking only very small bites as to not look like he was hungry. Every once in awhile he would pick up his napkin and dab the corner of his mouth when he got something on it. When he talked, he was very soft spoken and had a high voice. He even batted his eyes at his mom while talking to her. Dude....WTH...this is a burger joint, hadn't you heard? LMAO He used his hands as he talked making feminine hand gestures with weak wrists. That is the most feminine/metro man I have ever seen I think. We tried not to laugh!

Old 06-28-2012, 04:54 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
How exactly is he feminine?
Metrosexuals are feminine?
I don't know how to explain it. He's just very proper. He likes to bake cookies. It's in his mannerisms and the way he talks. It's more than just dressing well, it's in the way he moves. Haven't you ever met someone and thought yep, they're gay...but maybe he's really not. I really prefer more rugged kind of guys normally. Ones who fix things and watch sports...I don't know. I don't want to get into stereotypes and gender roles.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:57 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,417 times
Quote:
I don't know how to explain it. He's just very proper. He likes to bake cookies. It's in his mannerisms and the way he talks. It's more than just dressing well, it's in the way he moves. Haven't you ever met someone and thought yep, they're gay...but maybe he's really not. I really prefer more rugged kind of guys normally. Ones who fix things and watch sports...I don't know. I don't want to get into stereotypes and gender roles.
You don't have to explain it. I just did in great detail. Yep, that's a metro feminine guy at it's finest.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:00 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
Quite a few effeminate men are bisexual but would rather have a hetero relationship.

Some men can't accept their gayness because of fundamentalist religious beliefs, they think God is going to get pissed off at them if they don't have a hetero marriage. I was reading recently about gay Jews who believe that the Torah commands them to get married in a straight marriage, so the gay men marry lesbian women and pray for God's forgiveness when they "backslide" (heh) and have outside affairs.

Then there are some effeminate men who are just straight.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:07 PM

545 posts, read 908,870 times
Wouldn't work for me..I desire manly men.< that are manscaped where it matters.> lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships