Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 04:13 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why does it so often turn out like this? Do couples start taking each other for granted, or something? Or they fall into a routine, and it gets boring? What gives?
Life changes? Women have children and take on the housework and have a job on top of that. Their hormones change, their exhaustion increases, etc. Sometimes people pretend to be more interested in sex than they are to please their mate, and that motivation to please goes away once the relationship is formalized. Partners let themselves go to pot physically. Previously endearing habits become offputting.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:16 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,029,983 times
I'm extremely introverted, quite awkward in social situations. I don't know how to act intuitively, and I overthink it to where I have no idea what to do. But this can be overcome, and I often do overcome it (still not perfect).

Best thing is don't let that crap get to you, just forget about saying something dumb and go make an ass of yourself. Putting yourself out there in any way shape or form will get you laid more than hiding at home. Go talk to random women on the street. Pretend you have confidence. Not easy at all to bring yourself to do it, but once you do it pays off. Ya you will get a lot of weird stares from women who don't want to be bothered, but I bet you would get some phone numbers too. Think about it.. if 1 girl out of 20 goes on a date with you, what did you lose? 19 girls brushed off a guy they will forget about in a week or two. You got butthurt but got back up and asked another girl. Then you got a date. Just takes DOING IT!

Me I am a single dad so I hardly get a chance to get out and meet anyone these days. Consider yourself lucky if you have a day or more every week where you can go wherever the women are.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:21 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
This "I need sex or I'm going to kill myself" theme is frankly ridiculous.
theme?

like i say, the only time i ever contemplate suicide is over lack-of-sex-related thinking. i was looking for people who can relate.

i know already that it's taboo for men to talk about anything that could be construed as a weakness; i'm not trying to convince you of anything 'ridiculous'. i'm pointing out something that ought to be obvious. constant rejection takes a toll on men.

Quote:
Sex is not the only thing that's going to make you happy. Cut the "deadening" drugs out, see a therapist, get some REAL meds, get some exercise and get some hobbies. If you want to get out of the depression, you need to work on it, not just wallow. Kick yourself in the ass and get off the couch and go for a run.
yeah i've tried all that. it's the sex.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:23 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Me I am a single dad so I hardly get a chance to get out and meet anyone these days. Consider yourself lucky if you have a day or more every week where you can go wherever the women are.
Single dads are in the best position to meet women! Take your kid to the soccer game, and there are a bunch of soccer moms, some of them single. Go to a parenting workshop, boom--a crowd of women, some of them single. Plus you're in a great context in venues like that for conversations to happen spontaneously, and to get to know each other without any effort. Take your kid to the doctor--all women in the waiting room. Some of whom will take an interest in the cute little kid.

You've got it MADE, single dad! Unless you feel it would be inappropriate to date while raising your child. Some single parents make that choice.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:23 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Glad I could be the source for some laughs, assh*le. If you can't relate, then just don't respond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I agree. You post a question, someone responds in a perfectly polite manner and you call him an a-hole?

And what's more pathetic is you want to "seriously contemplate" killing yourself because you can't get laid. Anyone that unhinged has no business hurling abuse at innocent bystanders.
The OP must really need to break off a piece... to call somone an ahole for simply responding with a lol and a story about relating......

Old 06-22-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
yeah i've tried all that. it's the sex.
Issues, issues. Hidden issues. Deal.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:28 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
find a nice Mexican or Indonesian girl and help her get citizenship...
Quote:
Get a dog...and love your pet...that might work...

you sound even sketchier than me right now.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:30 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Does anyone else here ever go into a depression, because they can't get laid?

I'm just curious. I get this way an awful lot. I'm otherwise a very strong person, psychologically, with very few issues -- but I seriously contemplate suicide whenever I go through long periods where I can't convince any women to sleep with me. (like 6 months to a year, or longer.)

Can anyone relate?
Usually it's after you sober up... Find out who you slept with the night before which makes you want to kill yourself. Lol!

Old 06-22-2012, 04:31 PM

Most people who find themselves seriously contemplating suicide run out and look for professional help. It's a red flag, if ever there was one. A good therapist can do wonders. The trick is to find a good one.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:40 PM

691 posts, read 1,426,609 times
Quote:
Does anyone else here ever go into a depression, because they can't get laid?

I'm just curious. I get this way an awful lot. I'm otherwise a very strong person, psychologically, with very few issues -- but I seriously contemplate suicide whenever I go through long periods where I can't convince any women to sleep with me. (like 6 months to a year, or longer.)

Can anyone relate?
I get depressed but lack of sex isn't one of them. I haven't had in sex in 2 years. I've been through worse things in my life and I didn't kill myself over them so I sure as hell won't kill myself over celibacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships