Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:49 PM

117 posts, read 332,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
If you are shy and then you will not do well in business if you have to deal with the public also.
Quote:
I rather be arrogant then shy. Do you have a wingwoman?
Being shy around total strangers of the opposite sex or being introverted is a personality trait. Not a personality flaw. In fact studies have shown that most people with higher IQ's have introverted personalities. Introverts are a minority group in society, but they makeup the majority of people with IQ's over 160. More than 75% of people with an IQ above 160 have what would be described as an introverted personality. And people with extroverted personalities outnumber people with introverted personalities 3 to 1. Although a lot of people look at it like a guy has a personality flaw if a guy has a problem connecting with total strangers of the opposite sex.

But in general, most guys who are not very social with women figure out a way to get around it. And do end up meeting someone that is to there standards at the end of the day. I personally would recommend looking at meeting women from different cultures. Here and abroad. I find that women from different cultural backgrounds have more of an appreciation for intelligent men with introverted personalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,174 times
"Man Up, Be a Man, Grow a Pair" boy those sexist phrases **** me off

Old 08-29-2012, 12:39 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
I would say, shyness is only a drawback in the early stages of making the 'kill' (by that I mean initiating contact, engaging in her, and sustaining her interest). Once her interest is sustained, you should be able to at least come out of your shell. There's a difference between being a bit shy and pathologically timid: no one likes a timid person. But if you're just quiet, and not very bold, I think many women would actually like that, if you're genuinely kind and interested in her.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,411,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Si I'm curious, can a guy who is timid and shy around women get a date? I;m talking about a guy who it isnt easy for him to just go right up and start a conversation and all that but maybe gradualy starts a conversation or small talk over a period of time, provided they have the time to do that.

So basically, would you rather a guy, whom, you do not know, come right up and start flrting with you all forward and direct like? Wouldn't this be sort of a turn-off?

Or would you rather get to know a more shy guy who will actually take a bit of time to get to know you and who you are?

Even if the shy guy stands a chance, how does he beat all the more forward and direct guys to the punch, especialy when he feels unwilling and unwanting to compete with them?
Having a 3rd party (matchmaker) definitely helps! I can't think of any other possible ways that would seem a bit more.. natural other than- small talk and showing some kind of interest in some way through casual conversations.

I would rather choose the latter- get to know a more shy guy who will actually take a bit of time to get to know me and who I am, vice versa.

Shy guys always exude a certain quality to them that I find is like a diamond in the rough. They don't always speak up or speak loud, but when they speak, I find them so intriguing and funny in their own way. SHY guys! RocK!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:53 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
I rather be arrogant then shy. Do you have a wingwoman?
My sister likes to be the wing woman for men and women.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,101 times
Is the wing man/woman suppose to more or less attractive then you?

Old 08-29-2012, 02:53 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So I guess if you are a "shy guy" who is unwilling to be a meat head a$$**** or try and compete with the like, you are also going to be a forever-alone....
You don't want the girls who get all hot and bothered over RonRon and the Situation anyway. If she'll say "yes" when you ask "DTF?", that's not a good sign.

Having the gift of gab is a talent, but being able to approach a girl to talk to her is a skill. Skills must be developed with repetition and hard work. You're going to get worse and worse if you don't do something to change that which makes you unhappy.

It's not like there's a wizard on a mountain somewhere that never lets you win; you can change your luck if you want to and if you are willing to deal with discomfort and the eventuality of rejection.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,174 times
why do women always argue, think, believe that we men are hunters, go-getters, enjoy the chase? why do they keep insisting on that?

Old 08-29-2012, 03:57 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
why do women always argue, think, believe that we men are hunters, go-getters, enjoy the chase? why do they keep insisting on that?

I don't believe all men are that way. But the men that interest me ARE.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:41 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,069,915 times
I say yes. But they need to compensate for their shyness. If you look good, are a gentleman, overly nice and willing to spice it up, then it's not a problem. Some girls want to be the leader of the relationship, some girls love to talk, and they will like a good shy guy. Nice people have a lot of friends as people like to hang around with them, hence they will meet plenty of girls.

However, my experience is that many shy guys are not very attractive, not that nice and kinda boring. Also, they often lack basic social skills which will make her feel uncomfortable. That is why they are not able to get a girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships