Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 04:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
This has been bothering me all night because she is DAMM HOT. I have decided to block her so I won't have to see her sexy A$$ anymore which will remind me of the irritation of not being able to go with her
You may want to step away from the dating sites for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 04:03 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Probably laugh in her face and look her up and down so I can play with her self-esteem
Since when do you leave your apartment?

Old 06-25-2012, 04:05 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
This has been bothering me all night because she is DAMM HOT. I have decided to block her so I won't have to see her sexy A$$ anymore which will remind me of the irritation of not being able to go with her

Wow... that's weird.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:06 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
Probably laugh in her face and look her up and down so I can play with her self-esteem
I'm sure her self-esteem would survive.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Wow... that's weird.
Why? I don't want to keep seeing her face when I browse

Old 06-25-2012, 04:14 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Why?
"I don't think that's something you want to say to a man when you both live in the same city, not smart"

Because it sounds like you're plotting revenge or something. At worst, it could be construed as a veiled threat. At best, it could be interpreted as an intention to approach her and tell her off if you ever encounter her in person. Which would just make you look silly to everyone watching. Or do you have a bunch of guy friends you exchange information with about women on the site?

Why do you take these exchanges so personally? When someone's actually rude to me on a dating site (simply telling me they're not interested doesn't count), it just sets me to laughing - and then of course, I forward their profile to all my friends. They're strangers who I've never met after all - what do they mean to me? Politeness is appreciated of course, but if they're jerks, really, what do they signify? They are nothing to me, and if they are rude to me, they become less than nothing.

I suspect strongly she's friends with someone who you've already told off - I know my friends and I exchange names of undesirables regularly. She might have even been deliberately baiting for s**ts and giggles. If she's not striking back on behalf of a friend, then yeah, she's pretty atrocious, but what's the point of getting enraged by someone who is just a picture and some words on a web site?

You just seem to have vested a lot of meaning in these little email exchanges, and expend a lot of energy on anger if you aren't treated in a very precise manner.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:17 PM

Let me see her page, I wanna see what this girl looks like and if she is really hot enough to have such a crappy personality. Maybe I'll send her a message and then tell her she isn't attractive enough for me

Old 06-25-2012, 04:23 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
"I don't think that's something you want to say to a man when you both live in the same city, not smart"

Because it sounds like you're plotting revenge or something. At worst, it could be construed as a veiled threat. At best, it could be interpreted as an intention to approach her and tell her off if you ever encounter her in person. Which would just make you look silly to everyone watching. Or do you have a bunch of guy friends you exchange information with about women on the site?

Why do you take these exchanges so personally? When someone's actually rude to me on a dating site (simply telling me they're not interested doesn't count), it just sets me to laughing - and then of course, I forward their profile to all my friends. They're strangers who I've never met after all - what do they mean to me? Politeness is appreciated of course, but if they're jerks, really, what do they signify? They are nothing to me, and if they are rude to me, they become less than nothing.

I suspect strongly she's friends with someone who you've already told off - I know my friends and I exchange names of undesirables regularly. She might have even been deliberately baiting for s**ts and giggles. If she's not striking back on behalf of a friend, then yeah, she's pretty atrocious, but what's the point of getting enraged by someone who is just a picture and some words on a web site?

You just seem to have vested a lot of meaning in these little email exchanges, and expend a lot of energy on anger if you aren't treated in a very precise manner.

I wouldn't tell her who I was I would just laugh in her face and she would never know why. Her self-esteem would be messed up for a while and wondering "why is that guy laughing at me"

Old 06-25-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't tell her who I was I would just laugh in her face and she would never know why. Her self-esteem would be messed up for a while and wondering "why is that guy laughing at me"

No, that wouldn't happen .. she'd look at you laughing and think you're a creep or have mental issues. In no way would her self esteem be messed up.. no one with a normal brain would be messed up from this.

It's a little disturbing how you're reacting to this one message, get over it.. there are rude people out there.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:29 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
No, that wouldn't happen .. she'd look at you laughing and think you're a creep or have mental issues. In no way would her self esteem be messed up.. no one with a normal brain would be messed up from this.

It's a little disturbing how you're reacting to this one message, get over it.. there are rude people out there.

meanwhile in the 'chris brown abuse thread' some guy was trying to make a point about how MOST men are not 'dangerous, etc. etc.' Yea sure. I wasn't buying it then and not now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships