Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 02:15 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times

Advertisements

if your dating or talking to a guy, would u bother texting him back or calling him back if u arent interested in him? Or do you still do it just to be nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 02:18 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,160,987 times
sometimes i will if:

im bored
i feel like i could benefit from knowing him/being friendly
i want to use him as an emotional tampon
i legitimately want to be his friend (rare, there is only 1 guy i know who fits this bill)

Old 06-25-2012, 03:59 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
I've had girls respond to me with texts even when they aren't interested. It's usually easy to gauge how much they are into you by how they write in their text messages though.

If you want to see, try sending some texts and waiting an hour and go back and read your texts and read hers. You'll notice a difference in the tone.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:47 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Have I been on previous dates with this guy? If I decide that I'm not interested in someone I would just text (if we've only been dating casually - a phone call or in person if it's been longer and we were in a real relationship) and say I'm sorry but I'm not interested anymore. I think the meanest thing you can do is ignore someone and wait for them to get the hint. I always appreciate honesty if someone tells me they don't wish to date anymore or at all depending on the situation. If a woman doesn't reply to your texts in a prompt manner she probably isn't interested. And she's a coward not worth your time if she can't let you know if she's not interested.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:10 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
if your dating or talking to a guy, would u bother texting him back or calling him back if u arent interested in him? Or do you still do it just to be nice?
I text back if I am bored as I stand on line at the supermarket, post office etc. Texting means nothing!

Old 06-25-2012, 05:15 PM

44 posts, read 210,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Have I been on previous dates with this guy? If I decide that I'm not interested in someone I would just text (if we've only been dating casually - a phone call or in person if it's been longer and we were in a real relationship) and say I'm sorry but I'm not interested anymore. I think the meanest thing you can do is ignore someone and wait for them to get the hint. I always appreciate honesty if someone tells me they don't wish to date anymore or at all depending on the situation. If a woman doesn't reply to your texts in a prompt manner she probably isn't interested. And she's a coward not worth your time if she can't let you know if she's not interested.
I think you know the answer to your question, but you might be weak mentally. Remember the golden rule. All it takes is less than a minute to send a text to a guy. I probably would have even more respect for you, if you contact this person you are not interested in and breaking it down to him that way or face to face.

As one person pointed out, its easy to gauge if a girl is into you or not. Bottom line is that if a girl is interested in you, she will respond back promptly. No need to wait hours and days, and send follow up messages.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:28 PM

11,394 posts, read 24,438,947 times
If I liked him I'd text back. I'd text back if he was just a friend. No difference.

Of course, if I'm busy I won't text till I have time to deal with it.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:37 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Texting sux!!!

Old 06-25-2012, 05:38 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
If I was dating him, I doubt he'd be texting me if he wanted a response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships