Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:05 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
It is a difficult situation, I think he has his own suspicions already.
I just can't stand witnessing this though- he's a good guy, hard worker & does everything w/ the family.
Btw, the dude she's sneaking around with is a total loser; he makes no money, (doesn't care to).... parties constantly, has no goals, no property, no ambition, etc.
It is just insane.
But it's not your relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 11:18 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
But it's not your relationship.
Didn't you already make that point?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:34 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Standard operating procedure is to tell the wife you know, and give her the opportunity to either tell your brother or you will tell him yourself.

Imagine the fallout if your brother finds out you knew and did nothing. That is the primary relationship you need to take care of.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:39 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Standard operating procedure is to tell the wife you know, and give her the opportunity to either tell your brother or you will tell him yourself.

Imagine the fallout if your brother finds out you knew and did nothing. That is the primary relationship you need to take care of.
Exactly, my loyalties are with him. Blood is thicker than water.
I am aware that the kids are also being introduced to this idiot that she's sneaking around with.
So it will catch up to her, I'm sure.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:51 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,401 times
ITA with zentropa. Give her a chance to tell him first. If she doesn't, do it yourself. Do NOT discuss this with other family members.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:59 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Oh man...if some skank did that to my brother I would be livid. I'd confront her and tell her that I know and if she doesn't come clean right this minute I'm going to tell him myself. And I would. I normally advocate staying out of these kind of situations, but you can't sit by and watch your own brother get hurt like that.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:59 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,907,527 times
what proof do you have that she is seeing another man?

Old 06-27-2012, 12:12 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
If possible, get evidence of the adultery, and when she files for divorce and tries to take his money and his kids you can whip out the evidence for his divorce court hearing as an early Christmas Present

If you can prove the other person cheated you can win a lot more than if you just have a normal divorce...most likely women win the kids and his money in that scenario.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:14 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Didn't you already make that point?
But you didn't hear it the first time she said it.

It isn't your relationship.

Be prepared, if you do stick your nose in, to become the sister/aunt no one wants around. The aunt who broke up the marriage and left the children in the middle of a custody battle.

You do not know whether your brother knows and chooses to ignore her "dalliance".

In fact, you do not even "know" she is having an affair - you only suspect it. So you say something to your brother and the instant you say anything, you have changed the relationship between your brother and his wife. Generally, he will become guarded with her, questioning her more on where she is, etc. She will pick up on his lack of trust. Way to go. If there was nothing going on, you may ruin a marriage that was salvagable.

It's your call, but it isn't your relationship.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
Sorry I disagree with those that say "its not your relationship"

If someone close to me told me they had suspicions, and why, I'd be grateful and look into it. His wife shouldn't be hiding who she is with, period. This is not acceptable on any level, unless maybe her and this other guy are planning a surprise birthday party for the husband, which doesn't sound like its the case.

If its a misunderstanding, he will get over it. If its the truth, he will thank you. And if he doesn't, he is pretty dumb if he takes that "ignorance is bliss" line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships