Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 08:48 PM

123 posts, read 122,707 times

Advertisements

Specially abused children, it wasnt their fault for what happened to them and saying to someone your are damage because of that, its really hurtful.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia112 View Post
Specially abused children, it wasnt their fault for what happened to them and saying to someone your are damage because of that, its really hurtful.
Life's not fair hun. If someone was born was 3 feet tall, it wasn't their fault but at the same time you shouldn't date them as a pity date. Some people have issues, they don't need me, they need some help to fix their issues.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:23 PM

Its not a pity date , if you didnt know what happened to her in her childhood, how would you know. She could be great and maybe after a while she would maybe opened up to you and trust you with this. So you would stand up and tell her sorry you are damage and leave???

Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Its not a pity date , if you didnt know what happened to her in her childhood, how would you know. She could be great and maybe after a while she would maybe opened up to you and trust you with this. So you would stand up and tell her sorry you are damage and leave???
they aren't interested in any women that require time and effort, God forbid. they want women who offer themselves up quickly and with as little hassle on their end, as possible. if you aren't interested in making their life easier, they move on to the next woman.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:29 PM

I just cant imagine that when a guy is dating or in a relationship with a woman for a longer time and she would tell him that he would leave her. Some woman wouldnt tell that to their partner ever or after a longer time.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:31 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
I just cant imagine that when a guy is dating or in a relationship with a woman for a longer time and she would tell him that he would leave her. Some woman wouldnt tell that to their partner ever or after a longer time.

Yes, sonia I agree some women don't tell anyone these things, but they swear they can single them out based on their problems in life, throughout the thread they been saying to avoid this type and that type. Some of em might already be with the "dreaded type"

Old 06-28-2012, 09:59 PM

I knew somebody who is married and has kids, after 5 years she finally told her husband. nobody expected that, no signs at all.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
You have more than likely dated a woman who was physically or sexually abused or assaulted at some point in her life, and simply been unaware of it.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:11 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I don't know it really depends. You just have to know what you can deal with and what you can. Mod cut: gross generalization; gender bashing. It is just a matter or finding one that isn't so bad to you.

I've been through the whole sticking with a girl even though she has clear issues thing.. it didn't work out well. That being said, sometimes it can work out. My mom went through crap when she was a kid with her family, she's one of the nicest people you will meet. My ex on the other hand turned out to be a mentally abusive jerk.

OP, you can be as picky or as care free as you want when you're dating. No one on this board can tell you if you're being a bad guy or not. Too many people on this board spend their time here judging others and just taking out their anger here. Do what's best for yourself and just wait til you meet someone you really like. Don't get ahead of yourself and LOOK for issues though.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-07-2012 at 08:18 PM..

Old 06-28-2012, 10:51 PM

442 posts, read 615,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I'm not sure who you were addressing here but it sounds like the women? The term "damaged goods" sounds extremely judgmental, but when it's a rape or domestic abuse, just who do they think is damaging us? Some guys here like the OP and a few others sound like in the old days when a woman would get raped and then couldn't marry anyone respectable b/c she wasn't a virgin any more.
Yep, that is how it sounds to me as well.

The women I know that have been raped closely guard that part of their lives...they certainly aren't running around telling potential suitors about it.

I'd bet some of us have moms and grandmothers(or even male relatives) who have been the victims of rape, and they would never tell anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships