Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 08:34 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

I could not grow hair on my upper lip or parts of my cheeks at age 24 to save my life and women grow it? WTF?!

To the OP. I don't think that you are totally out of bounds here. (Noticeable) hair on the face would bother me too. Any other part of the body would not be bother me but if I wanted to feel facial hair while I'm kissing, I'd kiss a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 08:35 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
I say if she's everything else, then ignore the fuzz. It's not whiskers, and if she spends time messing with it then the hair might darken or thicken.

Odds are she's aware of it and possibly self-conscious a bit about it.

C'mon -- just deal! After all, she deals with your farts and occasionally sweaty junk, doesn't she?

Old 06-30-2012, 08:38 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the snowman View Post
I have been going out with my girlfriend now for about 6 months now, she is lovely, I care for her so very much and I really want to be with her....However over the last week or so I have noticed that she has got quite a fluffy face (very fine blonde hairs) on her cheeks, chin and upper lip, the hairs seem to be quite long, 1cm give or take... Now the worst thing is every time I look at her (especially side on) I cant help but focus on the hairs... What do I do?? How do I mention something to her without her kicking off, or feeling really insecure. I am in a real pickle?? can anyone help?
This reads like a Seinfeld show routine.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:39 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I say if she's everything else, then ignore the fuzz. It's not whiskers, and if she spends time messing with it then the hair might darken or thicken.

Odds are she's aware of it and possibly self-conscious a bit about it.

C'mon -- just deal! After all, she deals with your farts and occasionally sweaty junk, doesn't she?
Don't count. Men are expected to do those things. Women ain't supposed to have facial hair. Sorry, just not natural.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Don't count. Men are expected to do those things. Women ain't supposed to have facial hair. Sorry, just not natural.

I know this approach:

Opinions are like orgasms! Mine is the one that matters, but I'll pretend yours does too, if it will keep you quiet...

Old 06-30-2012, 08:44 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I know this approach:

Opinions are like orgasms! Mine is the one that matters, but I'll pretend yours does too, if it will keep you quiet...

OMG! I can't rep you, but this HAS to be the funniest remark yet!

Old 06-30-2012, 09:11 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
When you're being so mean and critical about someone you are supposed to be in love with then I think it's time to re-evaluate the relationship. I suggest you get used to the fact no-one is perfect.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:32 PM

omigod, it just hit me...

What if your face ISN'T fluffy enough for HER? What if you're lacking adequate masculinity vie exterior exposure?

Would you be willing to Rogaine your face if she preferred you a bit rougher?

Old 06-30-2012, 09:46 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the snowman View Post
I have been going out with my girlfriend now for about 6 months now, she is lovely, I care for her so very much and I really want to be with her....However over the last week or so I have noticed that she has got quite a fluffy face (very fine blonde hairs) on her cheeks, chin and upper lip, the hairs seem to be quite long, 1cm give or take... Now the worst thing is every time I look at her (especially side on) I cant help but focus on the hairs... What do I do?? How do I mention something to her without her kicking off, or feeling really insecure. I am in a real pickle?? can anyone help?
What should you do you ask? Break up with this girl imediately! I'm serious, that way, she can find a real man who'll treat her right, regardless of the fact she has peach fuzz on her face.

I SWEAR, the things some of you guys complain about and see as a "problem"..... a lot of other men would kill to have...

This reminds me of when I hear guys complain "ohhhh, I haven't had sex in a whole WEEK!!! woe is me woe is me"

Booo frick'n hoo bro, come and talk to me when ya got a real problem.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 06-30-2012 at 10:08 PM..

Old 06-30-2012, 09:49 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
What should you do you ask? Break up with this girl imediately! I'm serious, that way, she can find a real man who'll treat her right, regardless of the fact she has peach fuzz on her face..
This is what I was going to say. Good call, Snapper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships