Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The best option is:
Yes, fine to say it. 16 26.23%
It depends, every date is different. 22 36.07%
No, she will think you're coming on too strong. 23 37.70%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 03:46 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times

Advertisements

I'd think he was just buttering me up for a booty call. Tell her she looks nice, then work your way up on the compliment scale over a few dates. Hearing I'm sexy from a boyfriend = so awesome and such a turn on. Hearing I'm sexy from a stranger on a first date = creeper who just wants a piece
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 03:50 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,296 times
It depends on what part of the date you say it, also HOW you say it.

If you lean over and say it while girlfriends digging into her prawn cocktail, it's a bit creepy.

If you whisper it into her ear while snorgling on the sofa at the end of the evening, its HOT!

Old 06-29-2012, 03:54 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
"snorgling" on the sofa. OK, I learned a new one today.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:57 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
"I just wanted to say that you are sexy and I am attracted to you."

What reaction will saying this get?
If you don't know them at all, you're on the train to Creepytown with that one.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I would be pretty terrorized, and run far, far away. No thanks...that is way too much for me on a first date.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:01 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
It works better than saying "you look nice". What's nice? How am I nice? Can you explain please? I said you were nice. From my own experiences, they don't like stutters or guys who leave them cold. Tell me what you like and want and you might just GET IT!
Why say anything complimentary at all to a stranger? Why not say instead, "Are you enjoying the concert?", or, while in the check-out line, "How do you like this store compared to the branch across town", or "Have you been to the organic grocery? Their produce looks great and isn't too expensive", or (on the street), "I'm looking for the XYZ store, is this the right block? You look like you know your way around..." You get the idea. The subtle approach works a lot better than, "WOW, those are some nice hooters you have, ma'am!"

Oh, but Piff would have us believe that all you have to do is whip out your bank statement and show it to her.

What I don't understand is, why does this need to be explained? How many times have we already been through this on umpteen threads? Women aren't space aliens, we're your sister, your cousin, your friend's sister. Talk to us like you talk to fellow humans that you respect, not hookers.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,455 times
I generally don't spew words such as those however I do not see much wrong with dater's comment.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:03 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why say anything complimentary at all to a stranger? Why not say instead, "Are you enjoying the concert?", or, while in the check-out line, "How do you like this store compared to the branch across town", or "Have you been to the organic grocery? Their produce looks great and isn't too expensive", or (on the street), "I'm looking for the XYZ store, is this the right block? You look like you know your way around..." You get the idea. The subtle approach works a lot better than, "WOW, those are some nice hooters you have, ma'am!"

Oh, but Piff would have us believe that all you have to do is whip out your bank statement and show it to her.

What I don't understand is, why does this need to be explained? How many times have we already been through this on umpteen threads? Women aren't space aliens, we're your sister, your cousin, your friend's sister. Talk to us like you talk to fellow humans that you respect, not hookers.
I look past thousands without saying a word. For *the one*...I'm doing ANYTHING to get her. ANYTHING!! I'll find the courage somehow to get it done. Sorry "git-r-done".

Old 06-29-2012, 05:15 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Yeah...about that bank statement thing....it might work.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:20 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
"I just wanted to say that you are sexy and I am attracted to you."

What reaction will saying this get?
Why do you need to say it?

Isn't it obvious?

Why else would you be on a date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships