Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 11:22 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times

Advertisements

Wow, $25K a month? I respect that she is upfront about what she wants, although they are not very realistic. If she is pretty and sexy she might find someone one day that will taken care of her, but the fact that she is a little older and single probably speaks volumes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 03:55 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
What I find lame is posters stating "head for the hills and run run"
This is a woman doing for herself..
Why would SHE aspire to be with a man who does not make as much as she does?
Why should she settle?
Her father makes sense and she is not the only one who has a daddy like this. actually alot of us have them
She was honest. She knows what she wants and what SHE does NOT want!
If Ron cannot do this for her? No harm no foul the only thing in question is his ego..
Point in fact? I have good friend that I have posted about. She recently relocated due to not being able to make it here in ca. So she relocated to OK to reside with her mom and her new husband and her 2 kids.
She is a stylist by trade and education but it is hard to build a clientele to where she is making good money.
She is on POF.. And she gives me updates all the time. She states that is very hard to find a guy to date due to their up front expectations.
She challenged me when I stated I did not think she was being honest but too picky.
Well she was right. I saw alot of OK guys stating that they wanted a woman with a car, a job and a place of her own..
Stating that they were good ol boys and made a decent living but not enough to support a woman and her kids so the woman better have something going for her.
So it is not just women it is men too, I have seen it.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:02 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Why should she settle?
Her father makes sense and she is not the only one who has a daddy like this. actually alot of us have them
If Ron cannot do this for her? No harm no foul the only thing in question is his ego..
This is one one of those things where they talk about they have to "know"...

I want a partner... not a child that I have to take care of.... I want a "Woman".... not a little daddies girl.... I guess I must have some problem with me... I must not be good enough if I can't make it with without some old guys stamp...

I must be funny like that....

Old 07-01-2012, 04:05 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I want a partner... not a child that I have to take care of.... I want a "Woman".... not a little daddies girl.... I guess I must have some problem with me... I must not be good enough if I can't make it with without some old guys stamp...

You must be hilarious according to some..I hear you though and I AM NOT laughing..It is a sad reality though..:/

Old 07-01-2012, 04:20 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
You must be hilarious according to some..I hear you though and I AM NOT laughing..It is a sad reality though..:/
I used to see your posts and thought good stuff.

I was down with the OP until the princess talk... I can deal with all of it till I hear that shyt......... I know I'm dealing with a gown up .... once the little girly princess talk ... well... all abets are off...

Old 07-01-2012, 04:25 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Met a gal, last weekend, we started talking.
We started talking on the phone after we initially met at a "trendy spot" in the city. She's a project manager(30y/0 and child free) with a large F500 company. She's smart and witty. All good so far.
We started talking about what we were both seeking and she stated she scares men away with her comments but she said "I'll tell you anyway".
Her words were: "I'm looking for a man to take care of me".
I said okay, in what way?
She explains: "My dad treated me like a Princess and spoiled me so the man that I get involved with must take over what my dad use to do."
She further stated: "His(the guy she's involved with) income must be higher than mine so he can supplement my income that way I can live the lifestyle that I want to live".
I said: It's no wonder why you're single".
Have at CDer's..............eat this one alive!!!
Discuss......
Good for you Ron. I was thinking the whole time I was reading your post..no wonder she is single at age 30. My advice to her would have been you better stand in line for Donald Trump and pray that he finds you as appealing as Ivanna and the rest of his wives because no decent guy who wants a family and a REAL WIFE is gonna want you. Good for you again!!

Old 07-01-2012, 07:15 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Alot of people associate someone broke to just not trying, is not doing anything with their life, ect. people on here were making statements basically saying that they would not date a man making low income. And that's why I said you don't know if someone fell on hard times or what until you get to know him or that he may be the best man you ever had, my point was money doesn't make a relationship (well shouldn't).
I don't know if you're bitter from personal experience, but this thread was about a women stating what one woman is looking for in a man; not turning one down based on un/underemployment. You're making this thread into an issue of un/underemployment, when it's not: Whether a man is un/underemployed and why, isn't the topic here.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:14 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Why should she settle?
Point in fact? I have good friend that I have posted about. She recently relocated due to not being able to make it here in ca. So she relocated to OK to reside with her mom and her new husband and her 2 kids.
She is a stylist by trade and education but it is hard to build a clientele to where she is making good money.
She is on POF.. And she gives me updates all the time. She states that is very hard to find a guy to date due to their up front expectations.
She challenged me when I stated I did not think she was being honest but too picky.
Well she was right. I saw alot of OK guys stating that they wanted a woman with a car, a job and a place of her own..
Stating that they were good ol boys and made a decent living but not enough to support a woman and her kids so the woman better have something going for her.
So it is not just women it is men too, I have seen it.
Does a woman seriously require a man that makes 300K a year to feel taken care of? You can dress it up however you want, but shes a Princess with entitlement issues. On the flip side she can want what she wants, whether she gets it is another story though.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:30 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

You know, I really can't post in this thread anymore. What I truly want to say about "princesses" would probably get me slammed be every woman that has commented on this thread and I'd be arguing forever.

What an incredibly shallow thread.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:35 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
I bet her bedroom looks like this:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships