Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 05:36 PM

1,482 posts, read 1,378,646 times

Advertisements

I think men wouuld help more if they're wives didn't nitpick them. Some women have the attitude "if it's not done my way, its wrong" Women are their own enemies in that regard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 05:56 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
I think men wouuld help more if they're wives didn't nitpick them. Some women have the attitude "if it's not done my way, its wrong" Women are their own enemies in that regard.
True indeed but a lot of men have very low standards in regard to cleanliness. Many to the point of being completely unhygenic. Many also purposely do things half-a@@ed so the wife will stop asking and just do it herself...pure laziness and self-entitlement because in the back of that reptilian brain they truly believe housework is women's work. Also the notion that husbands "help" their wives around the house is B.S. If you live there you are also responsible for keeping up the house unless you have agreed that one person will do it. Few examples to illustrate the point: If your idea of cleaning a toliet is to give the seat a wipe and never lift it or scrub the bowl then the base etc your wife isn't picky you're lazy. If you only clean the counters around the appliances and never lift them to clean underneath you're lazy and your half-a@@ed work ethic is not deserving of cooing praise.

Last edited by Jasper03; 06-30-2012 at 06:17 PM..

Old 06-30-2012, 08:59 PM

1,482 posts, read 1,378,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
True indeed but a lot of men have very low standards in regard to cleanliness. Many to the point of being completely unhygenic. Many also purposely do things half-a@@ed so the wife will stop asking and just do it herself...pure laziness and self-entitlement because in the back of that reptilian brain they truly believe housework is women's work. Also the notion that husbands "help" their wives around the house is B.S. If you live there you are also responsible for keeping up the house unless you have agreed that one person will do it. Few examples to illustrate the point: If your idea of cleaning a toliet is to give the seat a wipe and never lift it or scrub the bowl then the base etc your wife isn't picky you're lazy. If you only clean the counters around the appliances and never lift them to clean underneath you're lazy and your half-a@@ed work ethic is not deserving of cooing praise.
I agree. I used to get looks because I did the laundry, except for my ex's work clothes. She needed them ironed. I tried once, didn't work out.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:00 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

You do realize that you might have just offend millions of SAHM/wives that take care of the home, the kids and aren't sitting around eating bon bons and watching soaps.....

Yes, I'm bad

Old 06-30-2012, 10:39 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
Quote:
this is true.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:

I actually will agree with this. some of the wives ask husband to do something and then go back and re-do whatever he did, LOL. If he did it half right, you can just let it stay the way it is.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:25 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,137 times
How can any man actually feel like a man when he's no different than a stay-at-home mommy? I know of a married couple in which the wife is a doctor so the husband stays home with their kid, but he's a total laughing stock and everyone talks about him behind his back.

A grown man being taken care of by his wife is embarrassing and any guy with that kind of an arrangement should be ashamed. At least try to get some sort of home-based business going if you're going to play the role of stay-at-home mom and contribute some sort of way financially. I expect that kind of freeloader stuff from a lot of these women out here, but not a grown man.

Have some self-respect.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:44 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
How can any man actually feel like a man when he's no different than a stay-at-home mommy? I know of a married couple in which the wife is a doctor so the husband stays home with their kid, but he's a total laughing stock and everyone talks about him behind his back.

A grown man being taken care of by his wife is embarrassing and any guy with that kind of an arrangement should be ashamed. At least try to get some sort of home-based business going if you're going to play the role of stay-at-home mom and contribute some sort of way financially. I expect that kind of freeloader stuff from a lot of these women out here, but not a grown man.

Have some self-respect.
So you don't view the role of a stay at home spouse as being worthy of respect?

Old 07-01-2012, 05:48 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post

Have some self-respect.

Don't people have anything better to do with their lives than spreading gossip about others? Really, THAT's pathetic.

You live your life the way you see fit, don't go around preaching what others should do.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:16 AM

4 posts, read 3,883 times
Its not just about the money its about what can be offered in totality...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships