Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 04:36 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Level Internetting View Post
Some of you people deserve your sadness. You can't even take 10 minutes, at your age, to look in the mirror and see reality as it is. Or even reflect on how it might be.
Mate, i'm not sad.. I married who i wanted to, live better than i thought i would and do what i want to do as a career, what on earth do i have to be sad about?

My wife was beautiful then and she's beautiful now. When i look in a mirror i see my face, i don't need a mirror to know how i feel, i'm not that shallow.. what do you see on your 10min gazes into a mirror then?

Old 06-30-2012, 04:48 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
There's absolutely nothing wrong with living life to the fullest and being an alpha male. I think calling yourself an alpha male is perhaps one of the lamest things you can do though. Just shut up and live your life and have fun, get off of the message board if you're going to come here and spout off this stuff. Whether or not they are valid points has nothing to do with it, you're just being a douche bag. If you want to tell someone a good way to live their life, you do it to a person who is asking for some advice on living a happy life, and you give them advice in a positive way.

No alpha male acts the way you do, and you're not a good example at all. I can only sit back and laugh at how much of a douche bag you sound like.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:50 PM

72 posts, read 170,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I'm in a humoring sort of mood, so here goes.

I'm sorry. You cannot preach about settling for mediocre life experiences if you spend any time whatsoever on this board. Or do you think this is a prime example of living life to the fullest?

Hypocrite.
Several things.

I'm enjoying this conversation. I'm stuck here for another 20 minutes with nothing to do. More to the point: I'm making a general argument about the way the world works. At no time did I intend this to be a personal thing; I made light of my own insecurities and flaws several times. I'm under no delusion of perfection. There is no hypocrisy here. Ask me my flaws and I'll spell them out in lurid and honest detail.

This is merely a difference of opinion about how the world works. I made arguments that I knew would be unsettling to most; unpopular opinions always are. But my intent wasn't to be mean for its own sake. I'm sorry if I gave you that impression.
Quote:
Also, all the women I've ever known that liked alpha males as they are depicted here (women with low self-esteem, in other words) were pretty... gosh darn "ugly". Idk what planet you live on.

I'll ask you like I asked the OP:

Do you want us to be men or sheep? And doesn't the fact that we don't care what you think while you are complaining sort of reverse our roles, according to the way "alpha males" and "beta males" are defined in the OP?
I'm not complaining, I'm having a conversation in which I happen to disagree with the majority of posters. I don't think you've read my posts carefully. I smirk when I read the "alpha/beta" crap too. It's embarrassing.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:51 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with living life to the fullest and being an alpha male. I think calling yourself an alpha male is perhaps one of the lamest things you can do though. Just shut up and live your life and have fun, get off of the message board if you're going to come here and spout off this stuff. Whether or not they are valid points has nothing to do with it, you're just being a douche bag. If you want to tell someone a good way to live their life, you do it to a person who is asking for some advice on living a happy life, and you give them advice in a positive way.

No alpha male acts the way you do, and you're not a good example at all. I can only sit back and laugh at how much of a douche bag you sound like.
I was sorta thinking the same thing........ can't go around telling people you're Alpha..... sounds silly to me....

Old 06-30-2012, 04:52 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,948,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

Alpha males don't have to tell anyone. Their actions that are clearly different than the "run of the mill" man PROVE IT!

Old 06-30-2012, 04:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Hypergamy

Old 06-30-2012, 05:10 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Several things.

I'm enjoying this conversation. I'm stuck here for another 20 minutes with nothing to do.

More to the point: I'm making a general argument about the way the world works. At no time did I intend this to be a personal thing; I made light of my own insecurities and flaws several times. I'm under no delusion of perfection. There is no hypocrisy here. Ask me my flaws and I'll spell them out in lurid and honest detail.
The hypocrisy is not about perfection; it's about you faulting people for settling for mediocre life experiences... while you're on some internet message board. Being "stuck" at the computer is no excuse either. Someone not wanting to settle for such a mediocre life experience... wouldn't

Quote:
This is merely a difference of opinion about how the world works. I made arguments that I knew would be unsettling to most; unpopular opinions always are. But my intent wasn't to be mean for its own sake. I'm sorry if I gave you that impression.
Yeah, calling people "ugly" in general doesn't ring of kindness. Just so ya know.

I think, since there are people like me who are also very happy with their lives, the world works just fine. For me, for you, and for women who get with... people like me... and yeah, I guess you too.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:13 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
There is nothing passive aggressive about giving unpopular opinions. If that's the vibe you got, perhaps your world view was similarly-destructed, and you also lack the intellectual capacity or emotional stability to engage in an argument? Why else resort to personal attacks again?

If neither of these things are true about you, go ahead, respond to my specific claims about the nature of dating and sexuality relative to money, etc.

Otherwise, you're just trolling and baiting. Make an argument.
Well... to be technical here, the OP was talking more about the alpha male thingy... not so much the "nature of dating and sexuality relative to money."

Those are separate arguments. My rants on this thread have been more centered around the silliness of crowing about being an alpha male and just general lamenting about how some guys view masculinity......

Old 06-30-2012, 05:19 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
You're trying way too hard dude. Anyone who is actually cool doesn't talk about this stuff.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:20 PM

72 posts, read 170,522 times
Quote:
The hypocrisy is not about perfection; it's about you faulting people for settling for mediocre life experiences... while you're on some internet message board. Being "stuck" at the computer is no excuse either. Someone not wanting to settle for such a mediocre life experience... wouldn't
You're searching for a "gotcha" that just isn't there. Clearly money allows for more rich and diverse and enjoyable life experiences. That's my point. I wasn't making this about me and how awesome and perfect I am, it was just an argument about generalities/life. People got nasty and personal and I responded in kind. I think that is reasonable enough.

I suppose we're going to be engaging in a "who started being mean first!" game soon if we keep this up.

Quote:
Yeah, calling people "ugly" in general doesn't ring of kindness. Just so ya know.

I think, since there are people like me who are also very happy with their lives, the world works just fine. For me, for you, and for women who get with... people like me... and yeah, I guess you too.
This is heavy stuff, this conversation.

The OP requested we go deep and be honest. I appreciate those kinds of conversations. I thought that this forum was conducive to really going for some honest, tough truths. I don't spend much time on internet forums, and the only forum I frequent is mostly young men like me who speak about such things in a different and more direct way than say, Mrs. Jefferson at the tea party club.

I think I might have misread who I was speaking with and I do feel some regret for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships