Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 02:04 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,843,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
There were always haves and have-nots but traditional values put a check on this to a large degree. The emphasis on marriage and monogamy, the taboo of women having out of wedlock children, etc. were more than anything a way to equalize the playing field and give most men a chance to find a mate.

A while ago I saw a chart that found the % of never married adult men with no children skyrocketed since 1970, a much larger rise than among women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Maybe these are the guys who treat women like objects instead of like human beings?
No. These are the alpha types. When they get treated poorly, these women redouble their efforts to please him.

Most men hold little interest to most women today. If they can help it, he will never get close enough to "objectify" her. However, this is unlikely to happen since these men are typically quite decent. It really is their only hope - slim as it is.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:07 PM

5,654 posts, read 5,143,709 times
What of those that don't fit your generalisation? Or am i misreading it, is your statement all encompasing?

Old 06-30-2012, 02:08 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,786,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Awww, another snot-nosed (young) whippersnapper who thinks he knows it all!
I want this line for my signature!

Old 06-30-2012, 02:11 PM

72 posts, read 170,354 times
Advice from someone who has had money: stop worrying about this and go make money.

You'll never, ever, ever break the 7/10's of the world without some money. When you have money, you'll be amazed to learn how much funnier your mediocre stories are, how "nice" and "sweet" you seem, etc.

Or keep spewing self-help nonsense on the internet under the guise of some mysterious and magical formula rooted in being an "alpha male," lulz.

Most of the great experiences available in Western Society stem from having a rare amount of money. Women want great experiences, not because of some deep-seeded biological nuance that ties into vaginas and hormones- but because they are human. Men of wealth can provide these rare experiences.

Again: you're playing games with yourself and the mediocre pickings of the world if you spend time pretending your middle class salary is "sufficient" for women of rare beauty and fun personalities. It isn't. If you're serious about stepping up your game and stepping up the quality of women you have sex with, log off this forum and immerse yourself in accounting and finance literature.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:12 PM

102,125 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Where is Doll Eyes with her "RIP: THIS THREAD NEVER HAD A CHANCE" pic?

Old 06-30-2012, 02:16 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,863,380 times
Sounds like a troll thread, real alphas don't spend their time berating other guys that aren't getting laid to feed his ego.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
No. These are the alpha types. When they get treated poorly, these women redouble their efforts to please him.

Most men hold little interest to most women today. If they can help it, he will never get close enough to "objectify" her. However, this is unlikely to happen since these men are typically quite decent. It really is their only hope - slim as it is.
Not intelligent women... maybe these guys keep going after the 'hot chicks' who have options and they get taken advantage of. I love all kinds of men, but when 'decent, nice' men reject me because I'm not pretty enough it makes me think there's something more than just finding a good woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Level Internetting View Post
Advice from someone who has had money: stop worrying about this and go make money.

You'll never, ever, ever break the 7/10's of the world without some money. When you have money, you'll be amazed to learn how much funnier your mediocre stories are, how "nice" and "sweet" you seem, etc.

Or keep spewing self-help nonsense on the internet under the guise of some mysterious and magical nuance rooted in being an "alpha male," lulz.
Again, a woman's worth is based entirely on how she looks.

How about you try to find a compatible woman and not worry about her number on an arbitrary scale of 1-10?

Old 06-30-2012, 02:21 PM

72 posts, read 170,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not intelligent women... maybe these guys keep going after the 'hot chicks' who have options and they get taken advantage of. I love all kinds of men, but when 'decent, nice' men reject me because I'm not pretty enough it makes me think there's something more than just finding a good woman.

Again, a woman's worth is based entirely on how she looks.

How about you try to find a compatible woman and not worry about her number on an arbitrary scale of 1-10?
No, not entirely.

But mostly, yes. Those who try and conflate this do so only to self-justify their inability to score the women they really lust for. It's a game of settling for easy mediocrity under the guise of "she really understands me, though!" Or "[xyz mediocre fatty] is the most beautiful woman in the world in my eyes."

"I would settle for Kate Upton but Betty the overweight librarian really seems to understand where I'm coming from!"

Who's kidding who?

Old 06-30-2012, 02:22 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,371,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Only women can tell you and these preferences change somewhat, decade by decade. Other men usually figure out what it takes, and what they don't have by observing who is successful.
The post you replied to was just me saying "Alpha males don't think". So... yeah...

Old 06-30-2012, 02:24 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,505,876 times
True alpha males don't create threads, bashing others. If they ever came across a true alpha male, they'd be put in their place pretty quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.