Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 08:55 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
That's because the majority of American women are not approachable! Young American women (21-35) are very rude, impolite and indifferent towards strange men who approach them.

So what happens is that men stop approaching American women because facing so much harsh rejection in addition to the the risk of jail time/job loss for "sexual harassment" makes talking to strange women not even worth it.
I don't know how or where you're approaching women, or what kind of women you approach. I talk to men who approach me, and if I see a guy looking in my direction repeatedly and trying to catch my eye, I'll approach him. Other women I know do the same. The key word in your first paragraph may be "strange".

Quote:
That's because their women are friendly and approachable so they get more practice in. Also, in other cultures, people are more friendly and free spirited and have less social hangups then Americans.
Very broad generalization. If you want friendly and free spirited, go to California or Coney Island. There are very reserved men and women everywhere, in any country, and friendly types as well. Cheer up and relax. Women don't react well to negativity.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:52 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Quote:
Girls in this country are being ruined at early ages. Walt Disney is a prime example with all the price charming garbage that girls are led to believe where some rich guy will come and rescue them.
True. And once again, my #1 pet peeve when it comes to American women is this sick obsession with marriage and this BS idea that marriage is something like a fairy tale- where the **** does this come from?

I just don't have any interest in being with women who think exactly the same, watch the same shows, read the same stupid magazines, sound exactly the same, have the same ****ed up ideas about the fairy tale marriage Basically, women who are brainwashed and don't think for themselves.

Also, based on my experiences, the incidence of mental disorders is much higher here in the USA than in most European and Asian countries- Don't mean to bash anyone but I have never in my life met an American woman that did not have some serious emotional or psychological issues.

"A World Health Organization study from 2004 shows that rates of most mental illness are far higher in the U.S. than in any other country in the world."

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/n...-is-staggering

Old 07-01-2012, 09:57 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
I agree that group-think, a condition afflicting all humanity, is as prevalent in the land of the free as anywhere else. The average young woman in Southern California is really no more individual than her veiled counterpart in Saudi Arabia.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I just don't have any interest in being with women who think exactly the same, watch the same shows, read the same stupid magazines, sound exactly the same, have the same ****ed up ideas about the fairy tale marriage Basically, women who are brainwashed and don't think for themselves.
Then why do you keep choosing those types?

The mental health thing a) applies to American men as well as American women, and b) could be partly due to Pharma pushing depression meds, etc. on the public, an insurance system that requires psychiatrists to prescribe meds rather than provide therapy, etc. Americans could well have the highest rate of use of therapists and psych meds. That doesn't mean there's more mental illness in the US than in other parts of the world.

There were no psychotherapists in the USSR. The party line was that everyone was happy in the workers' paradise. There were psychiatrists for severely mentally ill and for political detainees. But nothing for the general population. It would be a big mistake to conclude from that that there was no mental illness among the general population. The same applies to today's Russia.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:12 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I agree that group-think, a condition afflicting all humanity, is as prevalent in the land of the free as anywhere else. The average young woman in Southern California is really no more individual than her veiled counterpart in Saudi Arabia.
ARE YOU SERIOUS??????

My God..... you need to step away from the PC and pick up a history book my friend.

To say that the women in the western world are no more free than the women in the middle east is beyond rude and offensive.

Do have any clue what you are talking about????

The oppression that the women in the middle east face.... and to try and compare the women in Southern California to the oppression and violence that a woman faces in Saudia Arabia....

Women here aren't friggin stoned to death when they are raped because they "disgraced the family"

Old 07-01-2012, 10:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,042 times
If this is true, how many women here would consider dating an Indian man? When I meant Indian it's not someone that's new to the states, I am talking about someone that's usually been here for a good 7 years or so.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:19 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,689 times
i dont know but when i worked at nordstrom this british milf would come by and buy random things. i wanted so bad to fertilize her eggs and give her children siblings to play with. her accent excited my crotch

Old 07-01-2012, 11:42 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Come on man...

Old 07-02-2012, 12:30 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
I was talking about individuality - how individual they are, how much they express themselves as people - not how free they are. Ditzy princesses who consume vacuous, superficial pop culture barely think for themselves. Instead of Shariah law and Muslim believers, it is celebrities and their equally ditzy friends who tell them what to think.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:17 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
I was talking about individuality - how individual they are, how much they express themselves as people - not how free they are. Ditzy princesses who consume vacuous, superficial pop culture barely think for themselves. Instead of Shariah law and Muslim believers, it is celebrities and their equally ditzy friends who tell them what to think.
But they are free to be silly and shallow. They're free to be group thinkers instead of individualists.

In the Muslim countries they would be killed for wanting to put on eyeshadow and imitate a pop star. There the group think is not an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships