Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 11:49 PM

811 posts, read 550,646 times

Advertisements

Re-read your original post (aka, the novel), and you'll get so bored (like I did after the first paragraph) and be dying to do something fun that will take your mind off it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 12:12 AM

41 posts, read 100,111 times
In reading your post it doesn't seem like he agreed to be exclusive. If he didn't you really can't hold him at fault for not being exclusive.

If he is recently out of a serious relationship his actions don't seem very drastic.

It sounds like there are a lot of things going on in your life and you are displacing other stresses onto this relationship, and your taking the breakup overly hard.

Take a breath. Slow it down. He won't be ready till he is ready and no amount of talking will make that happen any faster.

Remember you can change your profile to single and date other men.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:48 AM

5 posts, read 4,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LOL. Yea I did, now this one has 3 posts to her name. But it sounds more believable than that other one don't you think? But she have not come back and answered the question or whatever so people can help her. She should go to museums or try to do activities and forget this man.
Sorry, I did, i edited it into my first response because I realized after the fact, before you reply, that I hadn't answered it.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:53 AM

5 posts, read 4,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel1291979 View Post
In reading your post it doesn't seem like he agreed to be exclusive. If he didn't you really can't hold him at fault for not being exclusive.

If he is recently out of a serious relationship his actions don't seem very drastic.

It sounds like there are a lot of things going on in your life and you are displacing other stresses onto this relationship, and your taking the breakup overly hard.

Take a breath. Slow it down. He won't be ready till he is ready and no amount of talking will make that happen any faster.

Remember you can change your profile to single and date other men.
He had agreed to be exclusive with me probably about 2 months in. His whole reason for "breaking up" with me was that he knew I was not okay with us having a non-exclusive relationship.

I probably am displacing the stress. I like traveling and being able to go out and do all these new things, but it feels like there is no sort of stable ground in my life at this very moment. It's stress but stress I was happy to adapt to. Still, it would be silly for me to not do something like this just because I'm afraid of getting dumped and having to suddenly deal with more stress than I can handle. I can go out and do things to take my mind off of it but I find as I do those things, my mind is wandering a LOT.

I went ahead and updated my own dating profile to single and have talked to a couple of guys but it just feels like my heart is in the wrong place agreeing to go out with them...

Old 07-01-2012, 03:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Sounds to me this guy isnt serious about the relationship and is running all over being a player to who knows how many other women. time for you to rid yourself of this guy and find some one who appreciates you and wants to be with you.You may really love this guy but it certainly doesnt sound like he's returning that love in fact it sounds to me like he's running away from your affections or you are just convenient for when he's in town,get the hint he just aint into you that much,move on,life is short.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:13 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
I didn't get past the title since it has the incredibly disgusting word "douche" in it and she wonders how she is going to get over a guy she refers to as that? Seriously?

Old 07-01-2012, 06:42 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Unsubsubscribe from the dating site. Take a month off from dating anyone. Focus on learning to speak French. Enjoy Paris.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:43 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Unsubsubscribe from the dating site. Take a month off from dating anyone. Focus on learning to speak French. Enjoy Paris.
I'm with this advice. You're in Paris for Lord's sake. Enjoy it or you will regret it to the end of your days and if my experience means much, I found lots of people in France who were willing to communicate with my non-existent language skills--lots of gestures involved and stick with the subject of food and you'll be fine. Your lack of French skills should never be an excuse to not go out and talk to people b/c that's how you learn. And like I said, do not let this man ruin France or you will always regret it. Talk to everyone, not just men.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:06 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,267,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arghlebarghle
How do I get over this douche?
Try a different douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghlebarghle View Post
Maybe, but if I don't and don't solicit advice from people that have been in maybe similar positions on how to let it go more easily, I'll instead just be letting myself think about it instead, which isn't any better.
I doubt that many people have been in a similar situation. Most of us have to work and don't have the time or financial resources to spend weeks or months at a time in foreign countries. Therefore it's very hard to relate to what you're going through.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 AM

749 posts, read 838,595 times
You are proclaiming him a douche....and you're worried about how you'll get over him??

Am I the only one that sees something wrong here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships