Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 04:01 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've been wanting to get a subwoofer for the Mustang for a while now... I'm gonna have to break down and buy that mo fo....

I can promise you one thing, talking about it ain't going to get it installed.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I used to have a yahoo account and it was hacked. They wound up sending spm from my address...I'm talking thousands of spam e-mails in my sent folder. I cancelled it a few years ago and switched to gmail.
My new ISP strongly suggests web mail and Win 7> doesn't offer OE, so I will be tying all of them together via webmail. Since the Yahoo is actually using the ISPs domain address I'll go on the assumption it will be more secure.
Like the IT department I get to roll mine over, test it, then set up the wife's account(s). Unlike my employer I will be as sure as I can the s**t is right before I do that.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Texting sucks unless you have a smart phone.
I hear ya! I used to have one of those phones where you had to scroll through the letters to text. I never used the feature because it was a PITA.

Now I just touch the little microphone icon and talk away. Sometimes I have to make corrections but for the most part it's accurate.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:22 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I can promise you one thing, talking about it ain't going to get it installed.
Yeah, I mentioned it here a few months ago... LOL..... I'm such a tightwad.... when I want something, I'll hold off for a long time to make sure I really want it.

Like Brooks from Shawshank redemption says... "Get busy living or get busy dying." LOL

Old 08-03-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
My new ISP strongly suggests web mail and Win 7> doesn't offer OE, so I will be tying all of them together via webmail. Since the Yahoo is actually using the ISPs domain address I'll go on the assumption it will be more secure.
Like the IT department I get to roll mine over, test it, then set up the wife's account(s). Unlike my employer I will be as sure as I can the s**t is right before I do that.

Yeah, I was surprised when they rolled out win7 with no email client installed. I downloaded windows live mail.

Like I said, I don't actually use it anymore... just the online stuff.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:39 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I hear ya! I used to have one of those phones where you had to scroll through the letters to text. I never used the feature because it was a PITA.

Now I just touch the little microphone icon and talk away. Sometimes I have to make corrections but for the most part it's accurate.
I have that feature but it never wants to recognize. Maybe it's the way I talk or something.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:07 PM

I had my annual bullshyt performance review at work today.

Complete joke.

I was "scored" with a few "satisfactories" and a couple three "exceeds expectations". I was dinged with "needs improvement" for my attitude. I guess basically I've been lethargic and negative in my attitude.

LOL.

I actually agreed.

What I wanted to say, was I've been doing the same type of job for 18 yrs or so and after getting your azz constantly kicked by various people and constant deadline pressure, it has a tendency to f8cking burn you out....Hard to run around all happy and excited like a f ing cheerleader. I have a tough job and have to interface with a lot of people and sometimes it just drains the life out of a person......

Old 08-03-2012, 06:15 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Time for a drink. The weekend is here.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I had my annual bullshyt performance review at work today.

Complete joke.

I was "scored" with a few "satisfactories" and a couple three "exceeds expectations". I was dinged with "needs improvement" for my attitude. I guess basically I've been lethargic and negative in my attitude.

LOL.

I actually agreed.

What I wanted to say, was I've been doing the same type of job for 18 yrs or so and after getting your azz constantly kicked by various people and constant deadline pressure, it has a tendency to f8cking burn you out....Hard to run around all happy and excited like a f ing cheerleader. I have a tough job and have to interface with a lot of people and sometimes it just drains the life out of a person......
LOL. At my review my super said I seemed like I don't care. When I asked what he meant I came to the conclusion he meant "indifferent", which is very true, and he wrote it down.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Time for a drink. The weekend is here.
I had to take my defensive driving course today. It was four parts including the test, so I cracked open a beer................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships