Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2012, 03:13 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
That's difficult, especially because of the lenth of time involved. It's very hard to watch someone fade like that and know there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. I'm so sorry.

When I hear of things like this, and those babies, it makes me feel so very blessed for the health of my family. We have our minor ailments, but nothing that leave us suffering. That's my birthday wish every year when I blow out my candles...that my family continues to remain healthy.
Like I said earlier, there are actually a few more things. Didn't wanna sound to negative.. LOL
But I'm happy that your familiy is doing well. You remind me of another poster that used to post here all of the time.

Mrstewart, she has a large family and they seem like well grounded, good salt of the earth types.

Good deal.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:23 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Hey Sixy-why the name change??

I finally had a good Match date last night!!! This one has potential. Yeaaaa for me!!

Old 08-19-2012, 03:35 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
The first time I went more than an hour from home by myself was not all too long ago. Sad fact. I used to travel with a friend in NY, but never alone.

Even still, I get a little anxious, thinking something bad will happen. A flat tire? Uggh...can't call my husband, he's too far away...stupid little things like that used to stop me from doing what I really wanted to do.

I've had a flat with him, and a blow-out while driving but he was always there to save the day. It was a little unsettling to know that he wouldn't be there when I went away by myself, but I survived! lol

Goodness, even cutting that branch the other day...I didn't do it. He called and I told him I was going to cut the branch..."no, wait til I get home" because I'd either hurt myself or make the issue worse (it was jammed in the top of the chimney). THIS is what I deal with. I'm not incapable but somehow I'm always made to feel I am.
An hour away from home is a normal occurance for me, but one thing you can do is have some assurance or a plan. In other words, plan ahead what you would do or who to call if something should happen. A few years ago I went to UT by myself and what a great adventure it turned out to be.
If I were your husband my reaction to the branch issue would have been "have at it, be careful."

Old 08-19-2012, 03:57 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Hey Sixy-why the name change??

I finally had a good Match date last night!!! This one has potential. Yeaaaa for me!!
Just felt like I needed a change. Justthe6ofus us was kind of boring. Sierra would be proud! lol, she was always telling me I needed a new name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Like I said earlier, there are actually a few more things. Didn't wanna sound to negative.. LOL
But I'm happy that your familiy is doing well. You remind me of another poster that used to post here all of the time.

Mrstewart, she has a large family and they seem like well grounded, good salt of the earth types.

Good deal.
We haven't been without tragedy though. Most of the deaths have been to the younger people in our families. They have all left a positive imprint on everyone they touched, so I try to focus on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
An hour away from home is a normal occurance for me, but one thing you can do is have some assurance or a plan. In other words, plan ahead what you would do or who to call if something should happen. A few years ago I went to UT by myself and what a great adventure it turned out to be.
If I were your husband my reaction to the branch issue would have been "have at it, be careful."
My plan is to call the insurance company.
I have roadside assistance with our policy. I'm not sure I could change a tire myself...they are pretty darn heavy.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:01 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Just felt like I needed a change. Justthe6ofus us was kind of boring. Sierra would be proud! lol, she was always telling me I needed a new name.

We haven't been without tragedy though. Most of the deaths have been to the younger people in our families. They have all left a positive imprint on everyone they touched, so I try to focus on that.

I have roadside assistance with our policy. I'm not sure I could change a tire myself...they are pretty darn heavy.
Yeah, that's why God created AAA.

Never leave home without your card.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:06 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Last couple weekends I took my video camera and caught some friends of mine playing out. I might get more bands in the future. You'll probably have to lower your volume or it might sound distorted the camera doesn't capture high volume well.

Diamond Gray Led Zep medley Aug 11 2012 - YouTube

Lost n Found Rock this town Bourbon Street Aug 17 2012 - YouTube

Diamond Gray Love Removal Machine Aug 11 2012 - YouTube

Lost n Found band Santeria Bourbon Street Aug 17 2012 - YouTube

Old 08-19-2012, 04:07 PM

19,426 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
I know how to change a tire, but I don't trust myself to do it. I want an expert! One time my ex-boyfriend and I were driving on the freeway and the wheel came off of his car. We were okay; he was a good driver and maneuvered us to the median, but I must be somewhat scarred by the incident, LOL.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:13 PM

19,426 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Last couple weekends I took my video camera and caught some friends of mine playing out. I might get more bands in the future. You'll probably have to lower your volume or it might sound distorted the camera doesn't capture high volume well.
I kept looking for you till I read your post more carefully.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 08-19-2012 at 04:44 PM..

Old 08-19-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Pretty cool. Don't you play in a band too? I thought I've seen video of you before as well?
My neighbors have a band and I saw them play recently. It was a fun night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I know how to change a tire, but I don't trust myself to do it. I want an expert! One time my ex-boyfriend and I were driving on the freeway and the wheel came off of his car. We were okay; he was a good driver and maneuvered us to the median, but I must be somewhat scarred by the incident, LOL.
I have a full-size spare and I know there is no way I'd be able to maneuver that thing. Plus...the roadside assistance guy might be eye candy...LOL

Old 08-19-2012, 04:33 PM

I'm cooking as I chat, making this dish:

Chicken Milano Recipe - Allrecipes.com

It is soooo good, yet so bad! I've got a ladies night tonight too...not sure I can eat this until tomorrow's leftovers otherwise I'll be rolling into bed tonight...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships