Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 10:48 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
And the 6.4 was another dud.

Normally I like navistar engines. I like the pre electronic 466DT and some of the newer Maxxstar engines are way good. We have a 3000 gallong water tender with a maxx star that really handles the hills well.
The 6.4L was better than the 6.0L but it was no 7.3L PowerStroke. I hear this new one 6. 7(?) is supposed to be really good though. Lots of power.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:54 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
The 6.4L was better than the 6.0L but it was no 7.3L PowerStroke. I hear this new one 6. 7(?) is supposed to be really good though. Lots of power.
I am hearing the same thing. Dad with his latest pickup he opted for the 6.2 gasser in a 3/4 ton. It is really nice pickup.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
I am hearing the same thing. Dad with his latest pickup he opted for the 6.2 gasser in a 3/4 ton. It is really nice pickup.
With the current price of diesel in most locations I can see why. It gets really old paying 50 cents to $1 per gallon more for diesel. Yeah, I know I get 18-21 miles per gallon. You had better to justify the extra costs. It's a 50/50 what my next personal truck will be. I only buy 3/4 or bigger. If the price of diesel doesn't come down by then, I may go gas and forget all the hassle of owning a diesel. No more huntin' around for stations that sell it. No more waiting on the slow poke who pulls in to the only pump in the whole station that has a diesel pump to get gas. Ah, dude (or lady) the whole damn station is empty. You're blocking the only diesel pump getting gas.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:22 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
My latest pickup is an 05 F150 with a 4.2 v6. I get 16 to 22 MPG depending on my driving. It has a liftgate on the back and pulls the couple of trailers I have with ease.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
My latest pickup is an 05 F150 with a 4.2 v6. I get 16 to 22 MPG depending on my driving. It has a liftgate on the back and pulls the couple of trailers I have with ease.
Most of these new ones have 5 and even 6 speed transmissions. They get more MPH that way along with better EFI, better heads etc.. It's a toss up what to do nowadays. I can always find diesel here. Nearly every station sells it both regular and tax exempt. That's not the problem. It's when you take it on the road elsewhere outside of rural farm USA when you start thinking you are glad you keep two 6 gallon extra tanks in the back in case you are about to run out and can't find any. I've had to do that before when traveling. Fill those when you fuel up and keep them in the bed. I've driven past every station in this yuppie city. I had better pull off and put that 12 gallons in so I'm not sitting here stranded. With gas, it's no big deal. You just pull in anywhere.....fill her up!

Old 07-07-2012, 07:22 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
BTW Sas, you got things wrong with your feet that can't be fixed now too?

Yep, although I got luckier than some and paid attention to boots and how they felt, was willing to drop the money until I found something that worked for me and then stick with it. I went through about five pair while shopping (trying, discarding or sparing out) and once I found my model, two pairs just through wear and tear.

You're talking about how the heat affects your water, I reckon -- and yes, THAT will never get fixed, but the boots helped keep a lot of that at bay.

And for the record, yes -- corn starch, baby powder and on occasion Gold Bond Medicated are your friends.

People freaked out the first time I mentioned corn starch; they'd never heard that, thought it was nonsense until I showed them how it was soft even compared to baby powder. The ONLY thing softer is genuine talc (not just ground, so-called "talcum powder" but actual TALC, like the French hussies use)!

God love them French hussies and their talc!

Old 07-07-2012, 09:14 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
You were lucky. I have several friends who are knuckle busters at the local Ford dealership. Everytime I went in there they gave me the beyotch down on one that was busted, puffing smoke (blown head gaskets), blown/burned up turbo, rear end grenaded etc..
Luck & maintanance; being an x-mechanic I naturally understand the importance of service. Other co-workers had serious engine problems as you describe and while talking to them I would learn they often skipped scheduled services.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:16 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Watching my daughter do gymnastics. The best part about being at the gym is the moms.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:17 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Yep, although I got luckier than some and paid attention to boots and how they felt, was willing to drop the money until I found something that worked for me and then stick with it. I went through about five pair while shopping (trying, discarding or sparing out) and once I found my model, two pairs just through wear and tear.

You're talking about how the heat affects your water, I reckon -- and yes, THAT will never get fixed, but the boots helped keep a lot of that at bay.

And for the record, yes -- corn starch, baby powder and on occasion Gold Bond Medicated are your friends.

People freaked out the first time I mentioned corn starch; they'd never heard that, thought it was nonsense until I showed them how it was soft even compared to baby powder. The ONLY thing softer is genuine talc (not just ground, so-called "talcum powder" but actual TALC, like the French hussies use)!

God love them French hussies and their talc!
So that's where the phrase "roll them in flour and hit the wet spots" comes from.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
So that's where the phrase "roll them in flour and hit the wet spots" comes from.

Just the more festively plump specimens, God love plenty of flesh to enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships