Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Of course.....but as I have said before, you can't expect someone with no success in attracting women to have confidence in his ability to attract women.
So forget about your ability to attract women and get confidence in yourself first.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
So forget about your ability to attract women and get confidence in yourself first.
Got that. Not a problem.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:13 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
I am not being PC, I am being honest and I believe 100% of what I say on here. If people put less effort into worrying about what women think of them, and more time into enjoying their life and what they think of their own life, they'd probably be a lot better off, with a lot better outlook and with higher caliber women.

I think that anyone can meet and go out with people they find attractive.
I agree, to a point... really, I just think that it's a cliche over-used term at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And yet, as someone pointed out on another thread, ugly guys do get married! They do it by being charming, witty, intelligent, and generally outgoing. Or they're lucky and meet someone in college or at work who gets to know them over time and discovers they have a lot in common.
See above...

I do think that confidence does play a role.. big time... I'm just getting a bit tired of the overworked hack line of confidence is all a guys needs...

While it's true... there is a point where some dude is just friggin ugly and ain't gettlng laid... lets just agree that there is a point...

LOL

Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, to a point... really, I just think that it's a cliche over-used term at times.

Because people use it as a cliche. They try to force people to put out an image of fake confidence strictly for picking up women, when in reality it shouldn't be about forcing an attitude to get women. It should be making your life better about yourself and being proud about what you're doing with it. With that confidence comes and that is how you get women. Not by trying to be rude to women or whatever else some of those guys mutter on here.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:22 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Because people use it as a cliche. They try to force people to put out an image of fake confidence strictly for picking up women, when in reality it shouldn't be about forcing an attitude to get women. It should be making your life better about yourself and being proud about what you're doing with it. With that confidence comes and that is how you get women. Not by trying to be rude to women or whatever else some of those guys mutter on here.

We're on the same wavelength... really... I was just ranting about how at times its not just always confidence.... but I do agree with you...

Be yourself and the rest will follow... I do get it....

Old 07-06-2012, 12:20 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
there is another thread on nice guys...and to me this is the negative side...he came on here and seemed like a nice guy, but then look what comes out of his mouth when rejected..sad

It's like I said on another thread, there are a lot of frauds out there.

Mod snip

Last edited by Sam I Am; 07-06-2012 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: orphaned post

Old 07-06-2012, 12:44 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
He didn't ever look like a nice guy.
If I remember his thread correctly, he was lamenting that he was a 'nice guy' who just wanted a girlfriend (and then proceeded to list 100 requirements). Now, this is how self proclaimed nice guys are, they start out nice and if you try to make a suggestion or tell him your not interested, out comes the extreme misogyny and hatred of women that was down there all along.

This is a prime example of why women don't like self proclaimed 'nice guys'. They flip the F out when presented with rejection of any kind and you end up stuck in a relationship with them because you're too afraid to leave. Believe me... I was there. Every time I tried to break it off with my ex he would threaten suicide or have an emotional breakdown and guilt me into staying.

Blech.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:59 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,336 times
Directed towards the OP..
I think it was a nice thread you wrote, you must have put a lot of thought into it and it was heartfelt.
However I feel you generalized a lot, there are most def. a lot of mediocre guys out there that fit your description however again they cannot stand by and be crippled by shyness or fear of the unknown, woman are not going to fall in your lap.
While all of the attributes you stated are most definitely alluring women are looking for different things and are attracted to different men regardless of intent this does not make them alone or wrong it is what it is.
There are a lot of good looking men that have good hearts, are not conceited, are one women type men as much as there are average looking men that for some reason or other feel that they are entitled to super models and barbies.
Often times like yesterday I was at a grocery store buying cookies for our bbq and I saw a very good looking man ( tall, nice build, beautiful face) pushing his son in a cart and then I saw his partner a portly lady, average looking, nothing special, wearing sweat pants pushing another cart with their daughter.
Then I see the guy whom is average and with a average girl staring at other women at the jazzfest I went too. My b/f brought it to my attention “That dude is a dog, he has been checking you out for 20 minutes and very time I look he looks away and he has his girl with him, really?”
So it goes to show that there is no REAL type.
Average guys expect a lot despite their looks, HOT GUYS expect the best while other HOT GUYS will settle for pretty instead of perfect,
One can state what WOMEN are always looking for “hotter” guys instead of your average joe with the heart of gold even though reality stands that NOT all average joes have a heart of gold and have ideas of grandeur.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Really? Who decides 'who' is mediocre? Who I consider 'hot' others may not. Making the statement that 'all' women are this or that is a very telling statement. If you were sitting in a corner and not engaging with others you are saying 'you want to be alone'. IMO

I know many men who would not give a woman the time of day to anyone who was a little overweight or just average looking and they are no Brad Pitt, but they expect Angelina to be the one for them.
From what I havr been seeing there are alot of unattractive women and plus women with baggage chasing after a hot guy or after mr right who is measured up from good looks to what car he drives and salary. Unattractive women becomes an easy lay for an hot guy until she gets prego and the hot guy is gone.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:38 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
From what I havr been seeing there are alot of unattractive women and plus women with baggage chasing after a hot guy or after mr right who is measured up from good looks to what car he drives and salary. Unattractive women becomes an easy lay for an hot guy until she gets prego and the hot guy is gone.
exactly...she has chosen this route for herself...the emphasis being HER..
If she is willing to do this to herself the payoff must be good for HER.
Men do this too. Older men in their 40's. Receding hairlines, preggo bellies, money coming out of every orafice...they haveto to know the reason for the 22 year old rehab bottle girl is the cash flow. They care very little if the woman is in it for them as a person, they are not stupid, they also know the man with highest purse wins..it is a choice and a gamble..
It all boils down to choices, action or inaction...period..work on yourself, get what you can and do not blame or complain.
A man that is not that attractive in the face but spends hours in the gym to perfect that body HAS DONE THE WORK and will reap the rewards. A perfect man that wants a woman who is a beauty inside and out because he knows what matters will find her.
A woman who makes good money and works out even though she is not that pretty will have her choice in men because she has worked hard on herself.
One cannot expect something for nothing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships