Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 11:06 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,689 times

Advertisements

everything about the post is erroneous. lol@ an 'average' looking guy being less likely to cheat. sure. Mod cut: Personal attack.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-06-2012 at 10:20 AM..

Old 07-01-2012, 11:11 PM

348 posts, read 549,952 times
Honestly, and I know I'm going to get some crap for this, but whenever I read (or hear someone IRL) about 'average' guys being overlooked and complaining about dating...it's the same as when I listen to some of my lady friends who are overweight or not '10s' complain about guys overlooking them. What they are really saying is "Why don't I have my choice in whoever I want to date AND without even having to try?" If one thinks they're 'average', then why don't they approach the women that they think are 'average'?

Again, even my best-looking/most out-going guy friends work at it big time. Sure, they spend some time reflecting, but they spend far more time going for it than thinking about it.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Interesting story. You just disproved all the posts that say women don't approach men, women don't approach shy or plain guys, women don't like nice guys, blah blah blah. I like your spirit, too. Good going.
I approach everyone, basically I'm super social and I've always found that the quiet loner types are the most interesting, but you may have to loosen them up a bit first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Guys like that are the exception, not the rule. And did you tell your freind about this? Is she going to continue?
Happens to me all the time. Maybe I'm just scary or unattractive. Either way, I like meeting new people regardless of the possibility of dating.

My friend was how I found out, she came up and said the dude I talked to was really cute, I told her he had a girlfriend and she said 'Really? Cause he just asked me out to dinner and we exchanged phone numbers.' I don't care if she continues with him, he didn't like me and nothing I do is going to change it. She may as well have some fun

Old 07-01-2012, 11:30 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
The guy in the corner should be social or else there's no way he's going to meet people. Besides, what if this guy just wants people to leave him alone? I've been that guy in the corner and often I just want to enjoy my drink while watching the game. I'm not going to give a girl crap for not talking to that guy.

There's always a happy medium between "stud jerk" and "guy in the corner" whom girls/guys can meet.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:54 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
What about the guy in the corner thinking about who his next victim is for the night?

Average guys are not always nicer, they are not less likely to cheat. Where does this BS come from? Seriously, it's ridiculous.

Women shouldn't have to lower their standards because some guy is too afraid to get out of his seat to approach her. The average guy is just as inclined to cheat as a good looking guy. It is not about looks, it is about the individual personality.

Biggest bunch of hypocrites I've ever seen on this messageboard. It's always about "not judging by looks" yet they do nothing but generalize based on looks.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:07 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Nobody wants to make a case for the average/mediocre women in the world and how men should 'accept them,' because of their good qualities. There are no exceptions for them & they are just sh*t out of luck....but there's tons of advice and everything else on the internet for a man in that situation.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:13 AM

3,922 posts, read 6,836,808 times
This is just another thread that takes a stab at stereotypes. There are men in all ranges that have differing personalities and differing qualities.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:18 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Attractive women don't sleep with Average/mediocre guys unless they're rich or famous

Old 07-02-2012, 08:23 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Nobody wants to make a case for the average/mediocre women in the world and how men should 'accept them,' because of their good qualities. There are no exceptions for them & they are just sh*t out of luck....but there's tons of advice and everything else on the internet for a man in that situation.
I would have to agree with this. I see many so called average nice guys complain about how women don't want them, and how wrong it is, yet when a woman who may be a little overweight, or maybe average in looks in her own right, gives that same guy attention, he won't give her the time of day.

Just like nice guys won't settle, women shouldn't settle for what they want either. And why would anyone want their partner to settle with them? I don't want a woman to be with me, because "well all the other guys are jerks and you are the only nice guy" I want her to want me for ME, and not want anyone else. To find me unique and interesting, and to desire me for the qualities I bring to the table. Having someone settle for you only prolongs the inevitable. Why you think so many people are divorcing after so many years of marriage?? It's because they never really liked that person to begin with in many cases, and only settled, because they were the "safe" choice.

And as for the so called hot women going for the bad boy, why do you want those women?? Cause they're pretty??? Well if that's the only reason you want them, you are just as superficial as she is. Don't get me wrong I can understand the frustration, It happens when nice people get the impression they are getting the poopy end of the stick, but don't let your frustration turn into desperation or make you lose sight of what is really important and what you really need to do to get the woman you want.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:25 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
This got me to think of the premise, in reverse; do "average" women cheat less than hot women?
Hell no.
I have seen very plain women cheat on good looking men.......
I have seen women who, (if we were rating them on a scale of 1 to 10)
who were less than 5's -- CHEAT.

Men & women who are average or even less than average are just as likely to cheat,
if its in their character to cheat.

Looks have nothing to do with it, in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships