Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:29 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
It's a special sort of illiteracy, I've noticed it often - they can type but they can't actually read.

I think the technical term is "dickheadlexia".

you should enter that on 'urban dictionary.' LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ace View Post
Also, you know you probably wrote a decent email when the girl views your profile afterward. Almost every girl I write to views my profile afterward. They just rarely message me back...

Thats what I'm finding out myself. The women look at the picture first just as much as the men do. (waits for the women to lie & say only men do) Just about every women wants to travel even though shes got 4 kids, I guess that means you stay home & watch the kids while she runs off to Mexico with Jose. I've found only two women who seem down to earth based on thier bios I understand that your selling yourself on these sites but I don't want to see your bbs that look great in your tightest sweater.. Save something for the inmagation. Then religion comes into play while I have my belifes & because I am one of those OTHER religions, I see many women who want a man who loves God & goes to church. NEXT! I'm starting to think it's easier to meet someone in a bookstore or a resturant.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:25 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
I think you have it all wrong.

I've joined a dating site and all I see is desperate women and prowling men.

I got chatting to a guy who told me he was speaking to a woman he was keen on, for about 3 months. The conversations progressed to becoming a bit raunchy, and she told him her fantasy was meeting him for the first time while she was in the shower, and for him to creep up on her and join her.

Well he went to her house, up the hallway, dropped his clothes as instructed, opened the shower door...and wedged inside was a 500lb whale (he thought she was a size 16 - she lied).

I was amazed at her cunning - not many men would escape at this point, this guy said he ran (yeah right).

I laughed my head off...a cautionary tale....people lie on these sites, routinely. Be careful, take it all with a grain of salt, and make sure you meet in PUBLIC! There are some genuine people on there but they are few and far between.
What kind of idiot man would even do this?

I did online dating for years. I met many real and genuine men, and had a few long term relationships result from those meetings. Online dating can be great, for those that have the patience and persistence, and common sense that is required.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Thats what I'm finding out myself. The women look at the picture first just as much as the men do. (waits for the women to lie & say only men do) Just about every women wants to travel even though shes got 4 kids, I guess that means you stay home & watch the kids while she runs off to Mexico with Jose. I've found only two women who seem down to earth based on thier bios I understand that your selling yourself on these sites but I don't want to see your bbs that look great in your tightest sweater.. Save something for the inmagation. Then religion comes into play while I have my belifes & because I am one of those OTHER religions, I see many women who want a man who loves God & goes to church. NEXT! I'm starting to think it's easier to meet someone in a bookstore or a resturant.
How long, exactly, has it been since you joined this dating site?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
there's a reason they're on a dating site...men that know them don't want to be with them....part of online dating is trying to figure out why.

Hahahahahahaha!!! That is just too rich, cdubs.

So...what is your reason??

Come on people. Dating sites serve lots of people, for lots of reasons. And there are plenty of us that do in fact have a lot acquaintances that are in fact interested - but they just don't fit the bill, for various reasons. Just because someone likes you, doesn't mean you necessarily feel the same. Pretty basic stuff, I would think.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:00 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

What kind of idiot man would even do this?

I did online dating for years. I met many real and genuine men, and had a few long term relationships result from those meetings. Online dating can be great, for those that have the patience and persistence, and common sense that is required.
Sad to say, quite a few apparently.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Sad to say, quite a few apparently.
True, but usually you can spot such goobers a mile away. That was my point. Fools such as this are everywhere...in every bar, in every movie theater, store, there is no limit to the imbeciles that surround us. It doesn't mean that the rest of us have to date them. A little common sense goes a loooonnng way.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
My advice is to read and reread any messages you send. I don't use dating sites, but I've been on the net enough to know that it's a huge turn off when a person can't type in basic English. No need for perfect grammar or spelling, just try to make it look like you made it out of 3rd grade.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:24 PM

12 posts, read 15,860 times
I joined dating sites because i want to make friends especially abroad, but sadly i had a very bad experience instead of making friends i make more enemies...i lot of guys are disrespectful they thought all women who entered in dating sites are playing games or they just joining for the sake of money....Huh *sigh*

Old 07-02-2012, 09:38 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
The free ones are ****. I probably have a 2% response rate to my emails on OKCupid... it's crummy. I think you could go into a Buddhist temple and recruit a higher percentage of the monks there into the Marines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships