Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 10:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
That picture in your profile IS of you, right? Who the f**k are these guys who are calling you unattractive? Seriously?

What type of guys are you interacting with? (Age, job, education, intelligence level)
Yep, that's me. The guys I'm interacting with are in their mid 20s to early 30s, education level is probably a few college classes here and there, intelligence level is firmly average. The drug/drinking culture is very prevalent where I live so most of the guys I come in contact with are heavy drinkers and pot smokers/shroom takers etc. and I personally don't like any of that. Plus, I will admit that my tattoos (which are all professionally done)probably push me into a lower 'caste', if you will, regardless of my accomplishments my education or my hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Can I fly it? How did no one pick up on this??
It's technically my instructors plane, but I've been maintaining it so he lets me fly here and there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 AM

545 posts, read 908,766 times
Nice is fine, but much of what OP suggested was wishy-washy. Wishy-washy = no bueno.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:58 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
For the same reasons "nice guys" come on here and complain women only want bad boys. I dated a guy last year who had a horrible ex girlfriend. She controlled his every move, hated his family and treated them poorly (he has an awesome family), and to my knowledge they barely ever had sex because she didn't like it...enter yours truly - I treated him awesome, did things with his family, was thoughtful and attentive (wink), and yet he didn't want a relationship with me. Shrug. I think some men AND women enjoy being treated like crap. Maybe they enjoy the challenge, who knows.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:10 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
I don't really get the whole attraction to 'bad boys' or 'bad girls.' However you define it, I'd be totally fine with somebody who was kind-hearted, treated people well, didn't always have to prove herself by being a 'rebel.' Being assertive and respecting yourself doesn't make you 'bad', nor does being a doormat alone make you 'nice.'

Old 07-03-2012, 09:10 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
I think plenty of guys would like a nice girl. It just depends on what we mean by nice. Like the recent thread about nice guys, if "nice girl" means boring, dull, shy, intorverted, etc, it is going to be more difficult for her to find and keep men. If "nice girl" means, polite, loyal, but also knowledgable, fun, exciting, etc, then it is a different story.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:14 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I think plenty of guys would like a nice girl. It just depends on what we mean by nice. Like the recent thread about nice guys, if "nice girl" means boring, dull, shy, intorverted, etc, it is going to be more difficult for her to find and keep men. If "nice girl" means, polite, loyal, but also knowledgable, fun, exciting, etc, then it is a different story.
This!! A guy probably doesn't want a "nice" woman who stays home with her 4 cats and never leaves the house.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:29 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
I don't know ANY men who like their spouces to rock the boat. Give some peace and all is well.
I just don't think that most men want to dominate over women. The "nice girls" that were being outlined in the OP's post were basically insisting on their guys to do just that.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:30 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Being nice has nothing to do how fun or interesting you are, although yes, I suppose that for some people 'nice' suggests not very exciting or something like that, as in a cup of tea or something.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:36 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Being nice has nothing to do how fun or interesting you are, although yes, I suppose that for some people 'nice' suggests not very exciting or something like that, as in a cup of tea or something.
I agree, nice doesn't equate to fun. Yet, when people label someone as "nice" they are generally using the term "nice" as a polite way of expressing a different trait, or traits, which may be more in line with not being fun.

It sort of depends on the definition of "nice." If nice simply meant a kind, considerate, giving, and polite individual, I doubt they would have trouble finding dates or relationships. I don't know many men who stay with women who are rude, self centered, or controlling.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:44 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
If you swap 'nice' for interesting then i think many men would be happy to date an 'interesting' girl.

'Interesting' holds your attention and makes you want to know/experience more... 'nice' is a cup of tea with your Grandparents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships