Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 11:55 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times

Advertisements

What approx. % of the opposite sex in your dating pool are you physically attracted to enough to have a relationship with? (whether you are seeking one or not)

One common theme on this forum, is without enough physical attraction a relationship is not feasible and it won't get past first base.
For me I'd say 10-15% of the female popultion in my dating pool in my home City. Not that I'm looking. Low huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 12:01 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
If you take any available women between the ages of 18 to 43 which covers an age range of about 35 years, and then limit that to brunettes with killer curves and dark eyes and most importantly are hot (in my own subjective appraisal).

Then I think out of that demographic, about 6% would qualify. However, if you factor in that less than 25% of that 6% could actually roll with me on a level that I am use to: sexually and do all of the things that I expect from a woman sexually. Then that narrows the original pool to choose from down to about 1.5% of those I could potentially be attracted to.

It's a rough life. . . .

Old 07-05-2012, 12:31 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
That depends.... if they're in my age range (25-35 or so), probably around 75% or so. I think nearly everyone has something beautiful about them and I've found that even if I'm not attracted initially, if I talk to them and find we have things in common or he has a similar sense of humor that he becomes very physically attractive to me.

I'm actually surprised that I'm physically attracted to so many people, there are a few 'dealbreakers', but in general I can find something attractive about nearly everyone.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:53 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
I couldn't come close to putting a number on that. At this point in my life, for me to want any sort of relationship past **** buddy she'd have to be in the top 1% and have to be one heck of a cool girl.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:36 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
For a relationship? Well, on looks, I'd eliminate probably 50% off the bat, and for personality, probably about 80% of those, so that leaves 10%.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,925,526 times
In terms of just sex, when I was a teen, if it had a pulse and was remotely female, it was enough for me.

As I matured, I developed some standards, and ws extremely choosy, no less than a 10 was good enough for me.

Now I'm beyond mature, and into middle age, I'm heading back in the direction of having a pulse as being the requirement.

So far as actual relationships, very few. I'm extremely choosy. I don't have especially high standards, but I know what I like, and if I'm with someone who doesn't make me happy, then it's going nowhere.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:26 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
It seems to be a linear reduction in percent as a function of decade. This includes all areas of compatibility, not just physical attraction. This is a purely personal observation of what works for me.

20's: 5%
30's: 4%
40's: 3%
50's: 2%

I'll let you know if I ever look into dating older women when I'm older!

Old 07-05-2012, 06:45 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That depends.... if they're in my age range (25-35 or so), probably around 75% or so. I think nearly everyone has something beautiful about them and I've found that even if I'm not attracted initially, if I talk to them and find we have things in common or he has a similar sense of humor that he becomes very physically attractive to me.

I'm actually surprised that I'm physically attracted to so many people, there are a few 'dealbreakers', but in general I can find something attractive about nearly everyone.
I'm the same. I can walk into a room with 10 women between the ages of 18-45 and the chances that I'll find all ten attractive to varying degrees is pretty good. And for the rest, I could find attractive if they were very cool.

It's amazing to find someone who thinks the same. Wanna go out on a date?

As far as I know, I've always been this way.

If I had to put a number to it, I'd say 70% or so would be attractive and probably 40% cute or higher.

But that doesn't mean I'll date anybody. Personality would filter out the ones I'd go for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I couldn't come close to putting a number on that. At this point in my life, for me to want any sort of relationship past **** buddy she'd have to be in the top 1% and have to be one heck of a cool girl.
Those are some high standards man. That's pretty much the equivalent of only accepting women who are models or could be models. Honestly, I can't even think of a woman I know personally who is in the top 1%. Even my most attractive female friends don't really come close.

And for her to be 'cool' on top of that, you might be talking about a woman who doesn't exist.

Well ... good luck.

Last edited by jobaba; 07-05-2012 at 06:57 AM..

Old 07-05-2012, 08:01 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
Percentage I would have a strong enough physical attraction to in order to consider dating them? Maybe 50% on the low side, and probably much higher (within an age range of later 20's to early 30's). I dunno... I see plenty of cute, good looking, and attractive women around. That doesn't mean I would date them all after meeting them, but for me there are plenty of attractive women around.

Luckily, it doesn't much matter. I love my wife, and have no need to look around!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:12 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,057 times
No knock on women as I'm sure it's not much different with men, but over half of women in 20's and 30's are overweight. Add those who don't have cute faces and you're talking about maybe 20-25%?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships