Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't want to bust him, I just want this whole wife/kids thing to not be true. I thought this guy had potential, so this really sucks and it makes no sense! We spent frickin' 4th of July together. Shouldn't he have done that with his wife and kids??
Well, sounds to me like you don't want to bust him because you want to prolong the fantasy that he's really available

The reality is, you won't know what's really up with him until you tell him what you found.

There is always the off chance that there is some kind of logical explanation - see if you can find out what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Damn girl...

You have to realise that in online dating, there is a LOT of room for lies/blurring the truth.
This^^. And it's not just online either...it happens no matter WHERE you meet someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Try to google them BEFORE you date them next time.
NO kidding. How do people not know this????

Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Move on... don't get involved with married men... it's a losing battle... morally, spiritually and probably legally.... LOL...

Old 07-05-2012, 10:00 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, sounds to me like you don't want to bust him because you want to prolong the fantasy that he's really available

The reality is, you won't know what's really up with him until you tell him what you found.

There is always the off chance that there is some kind of logical explanation - see if you can find out what it is.
Well, I definitely can't go out with him again and act like everything's cool, so I'm going to have to bring it up. I just wish I could find more evidence than what I already found...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Move on... don't get involved with married men... it's a losing battle... morally, spiritually and probably legally.... LOL...
Yeah, obviously, but I'm just having a really hard time believing that this guy is married with kids. It just doesn't add up.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:01 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sugar...when you are my age...you assume everything is a lie, until it has been verified as true. I date men...and really don't care about them or what they say until I have been to their house, their job, and met some of their friends....until then....I just listen and make no investment...
Yep. Anyone that takes these folks at their word, without some sort of verification, is just asking to be duped, at least in the dating field.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:02 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
She doesn't want to get involved with him, she wants to rake him over the coals. Or let his wife do it.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
a man already causing confusion with who he may really be....sounds like a real catch

Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post

Yeah, obviously, but I'm just having a really hard time believing that this guy is married with kids. It just doesn't add up.
Do one of the online search sites. It'll tell you if he's married, or was married, and if there was a recent divorce. If no divorce shows up, there's your answer. Unless maybe he's separated from his wife, it wouldn't show that unless maybe it's a legal separation. For some extra money, you can get a criminal background check, though there's a lot that doesn't show up on those. They can give you a false sense of security if they come up clear.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:10 PM

370 posts, read 654,428 times
I think this has happened to every girl in the world. When this happened to me YEARS ago. I confronted him, and walked away! At that time we didn't have facebook nor text, so it was easier.
I just ripped up his number and never saw him again. You have to be the bigger person here.
Tell him he is a piece of ****! When a married man asks a woman out, consider it an insult! (Even a married woman asking out a man too).

Old 07-05-2012, 10:13 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimage View Post
I think this has happened to every girl in the world. When this happened to me YEARS ago. I confronted him, and walked away! At that time we didn't have facebook nor text, so it was easier.
I just ripped up his number and never saw him again. You have to be the bigger person here.
Tell him he is a piece of ****! When a married man asks a woman out, consider it an insult! (Even a married woman asking out a man too).
I really think that lying about having kids is even worse. How do you just deny your own children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships