Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 10:36 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I really do hope what you say isn't true, although I fear there's an element of truth to it.

But the question is, how are you going to respond to this prejudice?
the only way I can cope with this is by bleaching. I have been trying to find creams and skin lightening treatments that will lighten me dramatically but have had no luck. I've been disappointed with marginal results. I am still searching.

Quote:
And yes you do have to accept it- she gets more attention than you and always will. You just don't have to like it.
that's ONLY because of her skin tone. that is the only advantage she has at the moment. the minute I find the right cream or injections that will lighten me several shades I will be able to get just as much attention as her. Her facial features are not more attractive than mine

alot of black guys have a lightskin fetish, they simply just like the coloring. if you are average looking and very light then that is all you need. so i know I have potential

Quote:
Whoopi Goldberg is fat and ugly it has nothing to do with her skin tone.Halle Berry has a great body. She's also been divorced a bunch of times and been with several men who beat her.
whoopi got big as she got older. however many of the punchlines by comedians about whoopi's ugliness has always been about her being so dark and ugly. they never mention her weight. in the color purple (when she was thin), she played celie a woman described as being "black and ugly", nothing to do with the symmetry of her face or weight but just her skin tone and race.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:39 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
the only way I can cope with this is by bleaching. I have been trying to find creams and skin lightening treatments that will lighten me dramatically but have had no luck. I've been disappointed with marginal results. I am still searching.

that's ONLY because of her skin tone. that is the only advantage she has at the moment. the minute I find the right cream or injections that will lighten me several shades I will be able to get just as much attention as her. Her facial features are not more attractive than mine

alot of black guys have a lightskin fetish, they simply just like the coloring. if you are average looking and very light then that is all you need. so i know I have potential
as a few people have said including myself post pics of the both of you

there are tons of ugly out of shape light skinned women and tons of gorgeous in shape dark skinned women

Old 07-07-2012, 10:42 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:

There are plenty of fat, ugly white women who aren't having much luck either.

But yeah, go ahead then, if you see that as the ONLY solution...

Old 07-07-2012, 10:43 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Nyanna, do you even really want one of these black guys who are so obsessed with light skinned women? Let's say that you find some miracle skin bleaching product and it makes you a "redbone" and you start getting all this attention from black men. Let's say that you marry one of these black guys and you have a daughter and she comes out dark skinned. Are you going to tell her that she's beautiful and teach her to love herself or are you going to start bleaching her skin too?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:44 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,553,310 times
Quote:
what happens when they age? do they become more humble and down to earth?

I ask this because i have a cousin who is what many guys in our social circle consider "hot" she's very light complected, wears tons of makeup and blonde weaves and dresses in skimpy outfits everywhere she goes. People affirm her beauty by telling her she looks like Barbie on FB. Very conceited. She is trying to use her looks to marry up like a doctor/lawyer. She brags about the attention she gets from men all the time.

I will admit I am jealous of her and I cannot stand her. I don't think she's really that pretty but she has a very light complexion and has a big butt which equals super hot to black guys. She enjoys clubbing cause she knows guys are going to hit on her. I really would like to see her get old and watch her looks fade. Maybe it will make her more tolerable
I must admit I have mixed feelings about your message. On one part I admire your honesty in saying you are jealous and cannot stand her. On the other part you come across as paying attention so much on her because she seems to succeed on what she does.
You ensure to put her down as much as you can on from every angle, it seems.

Do you have constant interaction with this cousin? If you are, why so with such harsh and strong feelings?

Why no just concentrate how you are as a human being instead of what seems an obsession to the point of wishing she gets old soon so her looks fade?

As politely as I can I tell you "Get over it". Concentrate on how you can be a good human being, not concentrate on how other are. She will get the results of the type of life she lives one way or another so will you and spending time being jealous in my opinion will in time not bring positives results on you. Take care.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:52 AM

810 posts, read 1,808,328 times
Also, don't look at your skin tone as a "disability."

There was a time when I felt sorry for myself because of my short stature, but I took a long, hard look at myself and realized that it was more my attitude as opposed to my height that limited me. Furthermore, I reflected on the people who have actual disabilities or other conditions. Think about it. People who are missing limbs, are born with genetic conditions or suffer from disabilities would love to have the problem that you're having, nyanna, if it meant not having those conditions anymore. These people have every reason in the world to feel sorry for themselves, but you see runners with no legs beating able-bodied men, wrestlers with missing limbs winning matches, and wheelchair-bound people competing in races. If people like those can do those activities with everything they have against them, certainly you can overcome this petty detail.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
as a few people have said including myself post pics of the both of you

there are tons of ugly out of shape light skinned women and tons of gorgeous in shape dark skinned women
yes and out of shape lightskinned women are not hurting for male attention either. I've seen fat lightskinned Black women with blonde weave turn heads by black men. A lot of black men have a lightskin fetish.

Quote:
not being miserable and jealous with help you be desired as well
well pretending to be happy and fine with my low status in the black community isn't helping either.

Quote:
Nyanna, do you even really want one of these black guys who are so obsessed with light skinned women? Let's say that you find some miracle skin bleaching product and it makes you a "redbone" and you start getting all this attention from black men. Let's say that you marry one of these black guys and you have a daughter and she comes out dark skinned. Are you going to tell her that she's beautiful and teach her to love herself or are you going to start bleaching her skin too?
Yes, I do want to date them. A lot of the lightskinned girls who get alot of attention from black men don't seem to be complaining. they dont try to get less attention. instead they just enjoy the perks of having their beauty affirmed by the majority of men in their community and I want the same.

as for my children i will just have a baby by a guy who will give me light children. problem solved.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:53 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
As much as nyanna is annoying, social Darwinism is a very real thing and not something everybody can appreciate. Not that I'm validating her view, as you can see by my posts, but it is pretty disgusting how society looks down on certain groups. I mean I can relate with my own situation.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:59 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Yes, I do want to date them. A lot of the lightskinned girls who get alot of attention from black men don't seem to be complaining. they dont try to get less attention. instead they just enjoy the perks of having their beauty affirmed by the majority of men in their community and I want the same.

as for my children i will just have a baby by a guy who will give me light children. problem solved.
Ok then. Do what makes you happy. I sincerely hope there aren't any terrible side effects from the skin bleaching products.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
As much as nyanna is annoying, social Darwinism is a very real thing and not something everybody can appreciate. Not that I'm validating her view, as you can see by my posts, but it is pretty disgusting how society looks down on certain groups. I mean I can relate with my own situation.
You would be mad and annoying too if you were in my shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships