Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 02:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
It's funny because a lot of the dark skinned friends I have ARE married and had no problem attracting black men. I mean, I know at times they had hang-ups about their skin tone(one of my best friends is dark skinned and told me one day that she thought I got more attention than her because I was light skinned), but as many of them got older, the hang-ups they had minimized. And all of these women(the darker ones) are not dimes by any means, and yet managed to get married, and have children. So this whole "No one likes me because I'm dark" just doesn't add up if I look at the friends I have that ARE dark and that have had NO problem whatsoever getting men. My so has this cousin(a dark woman) who has hips like whoah, a big butt, slim upper body, slim legs, and a pretty face. She is dark. And she gets SOOOOOO much attention on facebook all the time. She has the best body(think Kim K but slimmer with a bigger butt). Anyway people tell her she's pretty all the time on facebook too. If you are an attractive women, your skin tone won't really matter IMO. Or at least that's what I've noticed. Black men(most) do love women with big butts and thicker legs, so I honestly think that if you have cute face, and a big butt, then it won't matter if you are dark or light(to black men at least).

I'm not a dark woman so truthfully I don't know what it's like to be like you(I feel for you in a way, actually).
But I know what it's like to feel flawed look wise. Ironically I have a bigger butt(that black men like) and thick legs, but I desperately want to be thin. Since I was like a kid. I could care less about how much male attention I get--I've always felt like being thicker was a limit for ME. I'm still working with accepting myself. I suggest you do the same.
I don't have a ridiculously large butt to compensate for my dark complexion. I could always get butt injections

Old 07-07-2012, 02:39 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
Here's a good one posted by another black female poster. She knows what men seem to like. Post number #259 THE TOP one. Nice!

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...y-type-26.html
I'm not sure how pics of a big breasted white woman is helping.....

Old 07-07-2012, 02:41 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I don't have a ridiculously large butt to compensate for my dark complexion. I could always get butt injections
Have you tried different clothing styles, to see which cuts and styles show you off to your advantage? (I'm not talking skimpy clothes, here.) Have you experimented with make-up? Too bad Oprah doesn't have her show anymore, it'd be great to have her give you a professional make-over.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:43 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Have you tried different clothing styles, to see which cuts and styles show you off to your advantage? (I'm not talking skimpy clothes, here.) Have you experimented with make-up? Too bad Oprah doesn't have her show anymore, it'd be great to have her give you a professional make-over.
Yeah but I don't have much boobs or butt to wow any guy. I would defintely have to pad my clothing to get that effect. I wear makeup but the eye shadow colors do not show up very vibrant on me.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:45 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,304 times
Quote:

I guess. If that's what you want to do.

Personally I'm finally realizing that trying to fight yourself is ALWAYS going to be a losing battle. I've posted many threads here on CD about how hard I've been trying to lose weight so that I can be thin, and my body just ain't cooperating. No matter how hard I work out, how I eat, etc. I can't fight the body structure I was given. So I'm finally at a point to where I need to accept it, and move on with life and love myself regardless. And honestly I think I'll be a lot happier taking that route, then I will be trying an endless journey of changing myself. Anyone who see's me does not think I'm fat, or close to it--so I know that my perspective has been so jaded that I've been borderline crazy LOL. I think the same thing is happening with you. You feel so limited by your complexion that you aren't able to see straight. The flaw has taken over your life, and rather than working with "it", accepting it, and trying your best to move on, your fighting it, feeling frustrated, angry, etc. Aren't you tired of it? I know I am.

For the record, the close friends that I do have that are married, that are dark? Neither one of them has a big butt at all. They both are slim. Just like you!!!!! And they are married to black men!!!!!!! One of them isn't that attractive(I hate saying it, but it's true) and had been told she was ugly by several people growing up, and she married a man that is SUPER attractive. So glad that neither one of them let their skin tone limit them!!!!

Old 07-07-2012, 02:48 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
They have no choice but to be humbled, that's what happens when you hit the wall.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:55 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
They have no choice but to be humbled, that's what happens when you hit the wall.
They can live in a state of denial, as some do. Or go down in flames. The alternatives to humility aren't pretty.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:59 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,948,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not sure how pics of a big breasted white woman is helping.....
The woman in question didn't have big ones. It was her mid section and legs that had all us drooling. I know the black gal who posted that pic got a bunch of reps. Nice!

Old 07-07-2012, 03:16 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
I have been trying to lighten my skin dramatically for so long and nothing works. And when I see other people who have it and get the type of attention and acceptance I want for myself, yes I do resent them. I can't help it. When I'm around girls who are lightskin, they always got more attention, or compliments (I'm ignored) on their makeup/clothes however when I w/ other dark girls who are my color or even darker than me it is an even playing field. No one is getting more attention than the other or being ignored. I don't feel like I am playing a supporting role. Maybe people are just more drawn to lighter skin, don't know why but its something I will never be able to just sit back and accept
Personality and happiness is key here. I am drawn to every skin under the rainbow. I am not talking in a romantic way here, I am taking in general. If you are interesting and nice, I don't care what you look like.

If you treat me with respect you will be given the same. If you are negative towards me and give me dirty looks, I probably won't have a thing to do with you.

People are not drawn to negative people, in my opinion. They just aren't. It brings you down to be around someone like that....

Old 07-07-2012, 03:27 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Yeah but I don't have much boobs or butt to wow any guy. I would defintely have to pad my clothing to get that effect. I wear makeup but the eye shadow colors do not show up very vibrant on me.
You haven't found the right makeup combo yet. Go to a M.A.C. cosmetics counter or Chanel or Yves St. Laurent and have their beauty experts give you a makeover. With your dark skin, you can pull off wearing very vibrant colours.

I had a dark skinned friend who looked smashing with a strong fuschia colour lipstick. And she had an awesome smile and warm personality. And another attractive trait of hers was that she wasn't in your face flirting with all of the guys. She was accessible, and yet not a sl*t... so very much girlfriend/wife material, a real class act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships