Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 02:15 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,805 times

Advertisements

Right..

Well, i've been reading a lot of "Nice Guy" and "I can't get a date... is it because of" and "Women seem to like Gangsters.." and so on and so forth and it's got me mildly curious as to what sort of man i'd be in the world of dating. I've been married for 20 years and got married at 20 and still happily married so for the majority of my development into a 'mature' male it's been influenced/restrained/goaded by my wife.

So, just to pass the time a wee bit lets play..

Here i am, what am i?

I'm 40
English.
6'3"
205-210lbs
In the Army (have been for 20yrs).
Caucasian.
Heterosexual.
Can be Acerbic/Sarcastic but rarely with the intent to offend.
Brought up to be a Gentleman.
Swear a lot but can restrain it when i need to.
No anger issues but have been known to be a right bastard when i feel it's warranted.
Non-violent unless it's a last resort or i'm being paid to do it (see occupation).
I'm logical in arguments and i remember what people say to me so i can use it against them later in the argument.
I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, gamble or chase chickens.
I have several tats covering up scars and other points of interest (all black & dark red).
Not Homophobic, Racist or Sexist.
My political views are probably along the lines of exasperated. Oh and i'm an Atheist.

So, humour me if your bored or else ignore this and find something better to do.

Last edited by Baldrick; 07-07-2012 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 02:28 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
What's the question? Are you looking to have a label applied to you?
The fact that you don't drink, smoke, etc. is nice. The fact that you swear isn't. Atheist is good.
I don't know what else to say. I guess you sound like a good guy. I'm not really into the military thing, personally.

Women don't like gangsters. Some of the men here have that illusion, but that's not what the women are saying. Women like guys who treat them well. Do you treat your wife well?

Old 07-07-2012, 02:30 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
Single? Or is this a trick question?

Old 07-07-2012, 02:35 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,633 times
English..? Women probably think you're gay.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:44 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
He's married. He's just testing the waters out of curiosity. It's a weekend, what else is there to do?

P.S. to the OP: judging by your posts, I'd guess you treat your wife well. I think we need a new term, since some feel that "nice guy" refers to the nice, but mousy sort. The term for a nice guy who stands up for himself and isn't necessarily shy around women is Good Guy, officially, as of today. Is that ok with everybody?

Old 07-07-2012, 02:54 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Right..

Well, i've been reading a lot of "Nice Guy" and "I can't get a date... is it because of" and "Women seem to like Gangsters.." and so on and so forth and it's got me mildly curious as to what sort of man i'd be in the world of dating. I've been married for 20 years and got married at 20 so for the majority of my development into a 'mature' male it's been influenced/restrained/goaded by my wife.

Here i am, what am i?

I'm 40
English.
6'3"
205-210lbs
Caucasian.
Heterosexual.
No anger issues but have been known to be a right bastard when i feel it's warranted.
Non-violent unless it's a last resort or i'm being paid to do it (see occupation).
I'm logical in arguments and i remember what people say to me so i can use it against them later in the argument.
I have several tats covering up scars and other points of interest (all black & dark red).
My political views are probably along the lines of exasperated. Oh and i'm an Atheist.

So, humour me if your bored or else ignore this and find something better to do.

As a man, You sound like a nice guy. Your occupation is admirable, And have no bad health habits and i imagine can protect and provide for a woman and family well.

I say nice, but strong! Good combo.

P.S. Straight dude from Brooklyn here.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:54 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Right..

Well, i've been reading a lot of "Nice Guy" and "I can't get a date... is it because of" and "Women seem to like Gangsters.." and so on and so forth and it's got me mildly curious as to what sort of man i'd be in the world of dating. I've been married for 20 years and got married at 20 so for the majority of my development into a 'mature' male it's been influenced/restrained/goaded by my wife.

Here i am, what am i?

I'm 40
English.
6'3"
205-210lbs
Caucasian.
Heterosexual.

You're 6 foot 3 so your height isnt a deterrent. I didnt even bother reading most of the other stuff.

It's all irrelevant without a picture of yourself. The picture will swing opinions from "wow. He seems perfect" to passing you up and not giving you a second thought.

You know that...

Maybe youve been married too long.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:07 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Maybe youve been married too long.
Nah, not yet.

I'm not interested in my desirability rating, couldn't give a monkeys about that to be honest just wondering what sort of bloke i'd be perceived as being and since C-D does enjoy it's labels i thought i'd ask.... Just in a passing the time kind of way.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:27 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Sounds good.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:43 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
You sound like a nice guy. There is nothing better than a nice guy to compliment a wonderful woman.

Tattoos = a little bit of edge, as well as does being in the military.

Sounds like you are a good mix. Your wife lucked out !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships