Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 10:05 PM

44 posts, read 188,004 times

Advertisements

Hey guys. 23 yr old guy here and im goig on a 300 mile trip with this girl who has been a friend of mine since High school. she has always known ive liked her and felt me and have have always had sexual tension, well we are going to this trip as friends but will be sharing same hotel room. We've told each otjer everything, whether it be sex, relationship, and all the other stuff. Wanted to ask advice on how to make my move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 11:07 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Erm....just make it.
im not sure you need the detailed football playbook of how to make moves if you are both already aware you like they other. its just a matter of circumstance and time before it happens.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:28 PM

289 posts, read 311,293 times
Well, at the very least, you should probably avoid mentioning at any point that you posted in an internet forum looking for "making a move" advise whilst using a screen name consisting of the name of a character from a video game. Just the sheer amount of stereotype involved is staggering....

(Unless she's into that sort of thing, of course, in which case disregard my admittedly flippant commentary.)

Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningferron View Post
Hey guys. 23 yr old guy here and im goig on a 300 mile trip with this girl who has been a friend of mine since High school. she has always known ive liked her and felt me and have have always had sexual tension, well we are going to this trip as friends but will be sharing same hotel room. We've told each otjer everything, whether it be sex, relationship, and all the other stuff. Wanted to ask advice on how to make my move.
To do what? It appears to me that you already have clearance to land. So land the plane so you'll be on-time before she runs out of patience.

[and takes another flight]

Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 PM

289 posts, read 311,293 times
But on a serious note....

I don't think anyone can really answer your question to any degree of precision, due to the fact that simply there are too many unknown variables surrounding this trip and the past nature of your interactions with this person.

And while I would generally agree with the admonition to simply "go for it", I think in this case it is fraught with risk and a very high probability of failure (much higher even than normal, and I daresay it may as well be a 100% likelihood). I say this for one very simple reason: she already knows you like her. If she wanted to be with you in that way, all she had to do was to say "yes/let's do it" at pretty much any point. Considering that she has not in fact done so to this point should tell you a great deal about her intentions.

In my opinion, I think it's already too late. I think the only thing you'll accomplish is freaking her the hell out and making your trip awkward.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:31 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
If you two have never been intimate in any way, or discussed the possibility, the fact that she agreed to share a hotel room with you indicates she sees you as a nonromantic friend. If you make a move you are going to risk that friendship. If she had insisted on separate rooms, then that would at least be an indication she sees the situation as potentially sexual and wants to see how things play out without assuming or committing to anything.

Be alert from signals from her, but respect her enough not to take advantage of the situation.

Last edited by zentropa; 07-08-2012 at 12:47 AM..

Old 07-08-2012, 12:39 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,055 times
When you get to the hotel room, let her know how you are feeling with the power of music.

Put this song on. . .

Mercedes ~I Can Tell You Wonna F*ck~ - YouTube

Old 07-08-2012, 12:42 AM

52,262 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyfor View Post
But on a serious note....

I don't think anyone can really answer your question to any degree of precision, due to the fact that simply there are too many unknown variables surrounding this trip and the past nature of your interactions with this person.

And while I would generally agree with the admonition to simply "go for it", I think in this case it is fraught with risk and a very high probability of failure (much higher even than normal, and I daresay it may as well be a 100% likelihood). I say this for one very simple reason: she already knows you like her. If she wanted to be with you in that way, all she had to do was to say "yes/let's do it" at pretty much any point. Considering that she has not in fact done so to this point should tell you a great deal about her intentions.

In my opinion, I think it's already too late. I think the only thing you'll accomplish is freaking her the hell out and making your trip awkward.
This....

Old 07-08-2012, 02:46 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
Being as you are into your 20's and have liked this girl since high school and she knows it, one cannot help but wonder why nothing has happened between you two in all that time? Is there a reason you have not been intimate these past 7-8 years or so? Just because she agrees to share a room with you doesn't mean she wants to sleep with you. If you can be honest and open with her I would just address it and ask her if she is interested in carrying your friendship further along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships