Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 06:42 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
No. If she is muscular that would mean she weighs less than what she looks like. That is why bodybuilders can be 180 lbs and look like they have the same size as the average 250 lbs. man. No chance she is 250 lbs.

You're out of your ever-lovin' gourd if you actually think this.

One cubic inch of muscle is denser and thus heavier than one cubic inch of fat.

You totally have this backward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 06:47 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
This guy is around 180 lbs when he competes in bodybuilding but if the average person tried to guess his weight, they would think he is close to 230-250. Muscle makes you look bigger than your actual weight:

That's because the pic you've posted of Frank Zane there is OFF SEASON, and smoothed. Seriously, DUH? These guys DO weigh less on stage, because they've done their best to shred away all extraneous bodyfat. They maintain the X-shape because of the muscular development but they are SMALLER overall than they would be in off-season.

That guy WAS about 185 in contest condition; but in off season Frank went UP with the addition of his bodyfat TO his muscular mass, and in smoothed condition would range anywhere from 230-240. Frank was always leaner than the majority of builders off-season and there is a REASON he was referred to as Mr. Symmetry -- because top-to-bottom, side-to-side, front-to-back and with regard to weight proportionality he was as close to a perfect specimen as could be gotten.

You still don't know what you're talking about.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:23 AM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have no idea either...and just to add to the fun, I told them I was unemployed (which I am, coincidentally), dropped out of high school and live in my friends garage.

I'm hoping they just thought I would be an easy lay, and that they weren't actually interested in me. I did cover my tattoos though, I didn't want to be too recognizable
This explains your "success" that night. We men tolerate a lot to get sex. You're very attractive and from your OP you said you prettied yourself up even more that night. If you were overweight and unattractive, then you would never gotten the positive attention you received by acting they way you did. The guys didn't necessarily want to date you, they were just willing to tolerate your behavior for as long as needed so they could copulate with you.

Last edited by Aspe4; 07-09-2012 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, I'm not getting any men's attention as a 'nice, relatively stable' woman, but my crazy drama-filled friends are always in relationships. I tried acting like they do, just out of curiosity and it worked. I've never had more male attention in my life... But I don't plan on doing it again, I don't like being mean
Are you currently in a relationship with the guys you met that night? If you're not then how can you compare your situation with your so-called drama-filled friends who are in relationships. Is that how they got their boyfriends?

Old 07-09-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Men don't like "meangirls" they like hot girls. Doesn't matter if she's mean, nice etc..

If you're an attractive woman, you will NEVER be turned Down because of being too "nice"
+1 Bingo. This sums up the reason JetJockey got the attention despite her behavior. It's as simple as that.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:31 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
+1 Bingo. This sums up the reason JetJockey got the attention despite her behavior. It's as simple as that.
No, not that simple. She approaches men in her "nice" mode regularly, but they're not interested. That's what's so interesting about the experiment, that's what motivated her to do it.

btw, thanks to Jet Jockey for this great story. Very entertaining. Love ya, JJ!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 AM

31,004 posts, read 22,045,160 times
No one is going to be attracted to a Mean Ugly woman. I don't think the men were attracted to the "Mean" at all. Your acting out may have made you appear more dynamic and engaging. You were probaly not coming off as mean as your thought you were. I would have loved to Critiqued your performance. Maybe you can get an honest male friend to do that for you?

Perhaps the results you were getting had more to do with what you were wearing and how you did your make up and hair that day?

Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Perhaps the results you were getting had more to do with what you were wearing and how you did your make up and hair that day?
This, too. She said it took her 2 hours to get ready, with the make-up and hair. Impossible to do on a daily basis.

Actually, I had a roommate in college who would get up at 5 am to apply her make-up and get ready for a 7 a.m. breakfast. I guess some people do do that.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:41 AM

1,353 posts, read 2,429,868 times
It seems like going to a bar situation to meet guys would skew the results. I think guys who hang out at bars hoping to meet women are on the desperate side and love any attention they can get; however, the more aggressive/obnoxious the better, because they're only looking for a hook-up anyway and likely see those types of women as being "easy".

Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Men LOVE b-tches. Absolutely love them. I think they equate b-tches with great sex. Just a guess.
huh?

I do not agree with this statement 1000%
Tried that once, hoping the b**** would fade once she realized she could put her gaurd down, but she never did.
The sex was interesting, but definately not enough to keep me around.

And I'm the one that got burned, because I gave someone a chance.

Never again will I date someone who is only concerned with only themself again.

For the OP:

I love social experiments.
Someone mentioned you should do another experiemnt next week. Be assertive and approach men, but be nicer.
I would be quite interested in hearing how that goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships