Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 07:42 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times

Advertisements

Based on the descriptions of your actions.I'd seriously be worried about the mental status of any of the men that hit on you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 07:44 PM

884 posts, read 1,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Based on the descriptions of your actions.I'd seriously be worried about the mental status of any of the men that hit on you
I agree. Be mean to me and I won't hit on you, nor even talk to you. Why should I put up with that even if it is an experiment.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:49 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Any woman pull the nonsense on my that JetJockey pulled, well, I'd be gone like most people's 401k plans..........

Old 12-21-2012, 07:57 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,295,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So, I mentioned in a few threads that this weekend I was going to try to be a 'mean girl' and just see what happened. So, I put on my big girl jeans (as well as a TON of makeup...yick) and went out on the town.

I got 6 phone numbers. SIX FREAKING PHONE NUMBERS. I actually got in an argument with some guy, poured a gin and tonic on him and he asked me out. He also bought me another gin and tonic.

I tripped someone and laughed at him, he gave me a hug and asked if I wanted to hang out sometime.

I told some guy his car sounded lame and that maybe he should be hitting on men instead of women (it hurt me to say this, to be honest ) and rolled my eyes. No smile, dead serious. He laughed and asked if I wanted to go for a drive sometime.

I TOLD 3 guys to buy me drinks. One said no, the others did with no hesitation. I didn't even say thank you, got my drink and walked away. One of them followed me around asking me out until I left.

A few other things happened, but those were the biggies.

Maybe I should just start acting mean to get dates. I had one of them write his number on a cocktail napkin, I looked at it, said I changed my mind and tore it up. He proceeded to try and give me his business card.

Wow. I'm just stunned. It took a lot out of me to act this way (I'm never mean unless provoked) so I don't plan on doing it again, but it still shocked me.

But hey, at least I can't say I've never been hit on anymore
Big girl, tats, big boobs, acting like this

They thought you were an absolute freak in bed

Old 12-21-2012, 08:00 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,627 times
I'm glad that at least some people are speaking out against this rather than finding humour in it. It's definitely not cool to treat others that way, all for some childish "experiment". What did you prove, other than the fact that you have some serious growing up to do?

Old 12-21-2012, 08:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
I'm glad that at least some people are speaking out against this rather than finding humour in it. It's definitely not cool to treat others that way, all for some childish "experiment". What did you prove, other than the fact that you have some serious growing up to do?
I was curious, that's all.

Call it childish if you'd like, but there are people who act like this on a regular basis and obviously there are many people who react positively to it.

I'm the absolute opposite to the person I was pretending to be that night. I was HOPING to have negativity thrown at me all night, I was HOPING to be rejected left and right and be called all kinds of names and even be shunned.

Obviously I wasn't.

I've only gone out a few times here in MA and so far it's been a COMPLETELY different experience.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,728 times
Quote:

Call it childish if you'd like, but there are people who act like this on a regular basis and obviously there are many people who react positively to it.

I'm the absolute opposite to the person I was pretending to be that night. I was HOPING to have negativity thrown at me all night, I was HOPING to be rejected left and right and be called all kinds of names and even be shunned.

Obviously I wasn't.

I've only gone out a few times here in MA and so far it's been a COMPLETELY different experience.
Agree with you on childish if you know it's not you.

Agree with you even more about your experiment as reality for some people.

I dealt with the A$$holiest of A$$holes and enough Queen Bs who get a kick out of being nasty. Choppin' em down to my size is sometimes amusing. Sensing a person's breaking point is like being a predator smelling blood. It the person really deserves it, I'll break them down. Most of the time I'll just let it be.

Guys do like a bit of a challenge, at least I know my friends do. I know I can speak truthfully and say that games will be played right back if you start with that stuff. Always best to be straight up but with subtle intentions if you just want to rock and roll or want more.

It's perfectly OK to make the terrain a little bit difficult to get to your ultimate finish line. Worth and effort does mean something, we know that. What some ladies forget to do is put the checkpoints on the course, so we guys take a detour to the next pitstop. Gas, restrooms, vacancy, suds, whisky, jukebox, bar mistress, ladies present, all things aside, don't leave us on the open road when it's getting dark if you know what's good for ya.

BTW, where in left field did you get this idea to do such as stunt. Wanting to be politely abused at that?

Old 12-22-2012, 12:57 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,108 times
Quote:
So, I mentioned in a few threads that this weekend I was going to try to be a 'mean girl' and just see what happened. So, I put on my big girl jeans (as well as a TON of makeup...yick) and went out on the town.

I got 6 phone numbers. SIX FREAKING PHONE NUMBERS. I actually got in an argument with some guy, poured a gin and tonic on him and he asked me out. He also bought me another gin and tonic.

I tripped someone and laughed at him, he gave me a hug and asked if I wanted to hang out sometime.

I told some guy his car sounded lame and that maybe he should be hitting on men instead of women (it hurt me to say this, to be honest ) and rolled my eyes. No smile, dead serious. He laughed and asked if I wanted to go for a drive sometime.

I TOLD 3 guys to buy me drinks. One said no, the others did with no hesitation. I didn't even say thank you, got my drink and walked away. One of them followed me around asking me out until I left.

A few other things happened, but those were the biggies.

Maybe I should just start acting mean to get dates. I had one of them write his number on a cocktail napkin, I looked at it, said I changed my mind and tore it up. He proceeded to try and give me his business card.

Wow. I'm just stunned. It took a lot out of me to act this way (I'm never mean unless provoked) so I don't plan on doing it again, but it still shocked me.

But hey, at least I can't say I've never been hit on anymore
Why are you stunned?

Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times
Seriously. iF you are doing an experiment you are crossing all kinds of ethical lines. Forget the moral lines.
A mature adult would want anyone who didn't want their "real" self.
If you have that much time to invest in nonsense...use it more wisely...Go volunteer at a Children's hospital, or a Senior home, or help organizations that do good works. Then you'll find out was being valued for yourself means, it may help satisfy your need for acceptance...and You'll never settle for less.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:27 AM

868 posts, read 1,121,627 times
Quote:

Obviously I wasn't.

It still doesn't make it right. It was childish, you know this.

What if I were to engage in a "reckless driver experiment"? I've always been curious as to whether driving like a maniac actually gets you from point A to point B quicker. Perhaps I should go out and try driving like a lunatic to see, speeding, running red lights, weaving in/out. Never mind the fact that my actions may cause an accident (not that you did anything that could be considering deadly of course).

I also bet you any money that the guys you "pulled" may have been jerks in real life, attracted to jerkish behaviour in women.

Next time you have time to spare, use it in a positive manner as Jan suggested for example. You'll feel much better about yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships