Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:24 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Not pushing it on you, just saying that different strokes for different folks.

I know you're not pushing it on me, but you brought it up *shrugs*

well people are going to do what they want (different strokes for different folks) but again, doesn't mean I have to like it and pretend it's 'all normal,' to me when it's not. they're not doing me in any favors and judge my lifestyle choices left and right. that's the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 09:24 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
And that is why people with that mindset should not marry or try to be in a committed relationship. If you can not deal with only having sex with one person, do not commit to one person. Plain and simple.

I can't imagine wanting to be with another man other than my own. What an ultimate betrayal.
I agree. Too many people marry for the wrong reasons. If you have no intention of being faithful, don't pretend or lie. I think you should have a pretty good idea of how faithful you can be in a relationship from your relationships before marriage.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:27 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
I agree. Too many people marry for the wrong reasons. If you have no intention of being faithful, don't pretend or lie. I think you should have a pretty good idea of how faithful you can be in a relationship from your relationships before marriage.
Agreed.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
And that is why people with that mindset should not marry or try to be in a committed relationship. If you can not deal with only having sex with one person, do not commit to one person. Plain and simple.

I can't imagine wanting to be with another man other than my own. What an ultimate betrayal.

that's true but I notice a lot of these people that are into wild relations with a bunch of different people don't tell the other person until after the fact. if that is what they are into, they shouldn't drag another person into it and waste their time and years.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:30 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's true but I notice a lot of these people that are into wild relations with a bunch of different people don't tell the other person until after the fact. if that is what they are into, they shouldn't drag another person into it and waste their time and years.
This is also true. I wonder if people like that were always that way or if one day something in them just clicked.

Like maybe the got the 'grass is greener' syndrome all of a sudden.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
This is also true. I wonder if people like that were always that way or if one day something in them just clicked.

Like maybe the got the 'grass is greener' syndrome all of a sudden.

well that's a good question. i don't know either.

some of the swingers on here said their relationships work out better b/c they are not possessive or whatever. I don't get that lifestyle either.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:04 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,236 times
Quote:
Do you think it's common to look down upon men just because they tend to have high sex drives, as being a male generally entails?

I sometimes hear women lambast men for being 'horny bastards', 'animals', just a bunch of 'sleazebags'.etc etc. I mean not that it's not true, but do a lot of women get a high out of taking advantage of the male sex drive/the natural pursuit of the punani?

It's common to equate having a healthy sex drive with being animalistic; I forgot who said it, but recently someone on CD basically equated being promiscuous with having a mental issue...I always thought that was just being a normal human being? Men are criticized as being unable to reign in their sexual urges, natural cheaters.etc by a few women.

I think society is still quite prudish in this sense but it's changing. It's more acceptable for women to express their drive than before, although it still seems 'men' as a group are criticized for being just a bunch of hornbags. For a long time women were viewed as either respectably asexual, or basically harlots, with no room in between. Men probably secretly wanted a nun in public and a scarlet woman in the bedroom. I think there's still an attitude that the sex drive is a bestial, carnal drive that needs to be tamed: not entirely inaccurate, but it seems that men in particular are criticized for doing what comes naturally to them.

I guess I mean this idea that men are somehow less evolved or sophisticated just because they have a high sex drive.
You can't help it. Many times it's such a waste when you [get one] and there is nowhere to go. As long as the guy doesn't cheat, I don't see the problem with men being horny all the time. I guess the gals who would take offense to it wouldn't be very good partners in the first place. Prudies are such a drag.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Do you think it's common to look down upon men just because they tend to have high sex drives, as being a male generally entails?

I sometimes hear women lambast men for being 'horny bastards', 'animals', just a bunch of 'sleazebags'.etc etc. I mean not that it's not true, but do a lot of women get a high out of taking advantage of the male sex drive/the natural pursuit of the punani?

It's common to equate having a healthy sex drive with being animalistic; I forgot who said it, but recently someone on CD basically equated being promiscuous with having a mental issue...I always thought that was just being a normal human being? Men are criticized as being unable to reign in their sexual urges, natural cheaters.etc by a few women.

I think society is still quite prudish in this sense but it's changing. It's more acceptable for women to express their drive than before, although it still seems 'men' as a group are criticized for being just a bunch of hornbags. For a long time women were viewed as either respectably asexual, or basically harlots, with no room in between. Men probably secretly wanted a nun in public and a scarlet woman in the bedroom. I think there's still an attitude that the sex drive is a bestial, carnal drive that needs to be tamed: not entirely inaccurate, but it seems that men in particular are criticized for doing what comes naturally to them.

I guess I mean this idea that men are somehow less evolved or sophisticated just because they have a high sex drive.
NO. Horny is good. It's how you handle it that makes all the difference. Women WANT their guy to be "enthusiastic" with them. Not with half the town. Women want all that energy for themselves.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:58 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
as with anything in life, its how you choose to handle your situation over the salutation itself.
your not looked down on for liking sex and boobies, you're looked down on for the way you present that fact of the matter to others.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:04 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I'm a horndog and I have that I'll rape you look..Most men really enjoy it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships