Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, are you intimidated to approach a taller woman?
Yes 35 30.43%
No 80 69.57%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 01:14 AM

532 posts, read 1,176,908 times

Advertisements

Maybe so. I've noticed there's quite more curves down in the Southwest. A lot of Latin influence so a lot of latinas and curvy women in general. We like to eat down here :P So I guess if men are raised in that environment, they end up being attracted to it more times than not.

I get chased by a LOT of Hispanic men (Im white). Hispanic men and black men. That seems to be my base. Strangly I've found that not a lot of white guys like me *shrug* Come down here JJ! Hehe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times
@Subie2 You could be right about different preferences by race/ethnicity. I have a black friend who likes taller women but he is especially attracted to BBWs....a tall, white BBW is his exact preference.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:54 AM

88,565 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

Tall Girls: Dating Tall Women! - YouTube

I've thought about the breeding thing. If tall guys breed with tall girls and short guys with short girls, I guess we'd have a lot of very tall people and very short people! Maybe if tall people bred with short people it would even out.
I knew a couple where the guy was about 5'7" and his wife was my height, about 6'. He said, "I needed some height stock for my kids."

They were both very attractive.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have neither big feet (size 9-1/2 or so) nor manly hands. I actually have very dainty hands with long fingers..I can reach chords on the guitar and piano that most people can't
Hahaha, me, too. When I took piano, there were exercises that some people have to do to get their hands to stretch an octave. I could stretch an octave plus two notes, so no exercise needed for me. I don't have "manly" hands, either. But my feet were a 10 and after my daughter was born they became an 11.

It would look kind of weird to be six feet tall and have size 7 feet, wouldn't it?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:02 AM

There is a difference now from when I was young. No man wanted to be caught dead with a woman taller than he was, although in rare cases you would see it. My mother had it even worse--she was 5'11" back in the 1940's, but then she married my father, who had lost his lower legs/feet in WWII and wore prosthetics. He was 5'10" before the war, but when he got his artificial legs he asked the technician to make him 6' tall. When people looked at me and asked if my parents were tall, I said my mother was almost as tall as I was, but my father was adjustable.

Over the past decade or so, I've noticed a lot more couples with a taller female. It looks as though some members of this younger generation are losing that hangup, and that's a good thing.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There is a difference now from when I was young. No man wanted to be caught dead with a woman taller than he was, although in rare cases you would see it. My mother had it even worse--she was 5'11" back in the 1940's, but then she married my father, who had lost his lower legs/feet in WWII and wore prosthetics. He was 5'10" before the war, but when he got his artificial legs he asked the technician to make him 6' tall. When people looked at me and asked if my parents were tall, I said my mother was almost as tall as I was, but my father was adjustable.

Over the past decade or so, I've noticed a lot more couples with a taller female. It looks as though some members of this younger generation are losing that hangup, and that's a good thing.
Definitely, I see quite a lot these days.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

My grandparents married in the 1920s. My grandmother was 5'11" and my grandfather was 5'6".

Old 07-17-2012, 08:57 AM

3,920 posts, read 6,833,898 times
Intimidated? No. Just turned off.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Intimidated? No. Just turned off.
And a prize for being honest.

I always had difficulty dating because I was too tall, and what you said is exactly my experience. No one was intimidated. They just don't want a woman taller than they are. The petite, cutesey type has always had the advantage just by being petite and cutesey.

It isn't just in the dating world. When I was in my 20s and started working in an office, there was a woman in the office who was older than me, early 30s. She was about 5'2", blonde, green-eyed, and knew very well how to play the "helpless me" game with men. When the water bottle in the cooler needed changing--and back then it was GLASS, not plastic--she would stand there looking oh-so-dejected and simper, "There's no water left in the bottle and I have to make coffee..." and ten guys would fall over themselves rushing to put a new bottle of water in.

The next time it was empty, I said, "Can someone help me put a water bottle into the cooler?" The answer I got was, "You're a big girl, you can't pick that up yourself?" (And FYI I wasn't "big", just tall--was way underweight at the time.) So I did. And I never asked anyone to help me again.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:05 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have neither big feet (size 9-1/2 or so) nor manly hands. I actually have very dainty hands with long fingers..I can reach chords on the guitar and piano that most people can't
I have quite dainty hands and long thin fingers too. My palms are actually similar in size to my mothers (she has quite big hands), but each finger is like a good deal longer, despite being the same thickness. Most people's fingers look short and pudgy compared to mine. It is handy for guitar and piano .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships