Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, are you intimidated to approach a taller woman?
Yes 35 30.43%
No 80 69.57%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 05:44 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I didn't go through puberty until I was 17... medication delayed it, but I did hit 6' tall when I was 14 or so.

I do agree about the chemicals in foods though...if I ever have children I can already see myself as being super paranoid about food.
I too hit this height of 6' and 1/2" when I was 14 years old. My mom is 5'11", though, and her brothers were both 6'7". It's just genetic. I am the only one of four girls who grew to be as tall/taller than our mother, though. The other three are only 5'7", 5'8", and 5'9". My ex husband is 6'4", but our daughter is only 5'7".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 06:02 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseysbest View Post
Not intimidated, just not attracted to tall or big women.
Before I was married, I dated a few women who were taller than me. I'm 5'7" and I dated one woman who was over 6 feet tall. Her exact height escapes me. This woman was of African American descent and between being much taller than I and inter-racial, she was a bit sensitive to be out in public with me. I thought a few weeks in and she would be used to it, but not so.
Another woman I dated was a nurse, she was about 6 feet tall. She was a very nice person and really seemed to enjoy playing up her size advantage over me. I liked it too.

Both of these women packed some meat on their frames, and I thought they were stunning.

Most other women that I expressed an interest and who were taller than me politely (and sometimes not so politely) declined.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:40 AM

1,574 posts, read 2,965,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie2 View Post
If we don't look like women....what do we look like? *checks self*

Vagina? Check
Breasts? Check
Feminine hair? Check
Feminine features? Check

I don't understand how a woman doesn't look like a woman due to a few more inches than average. I just don't. And neither does every male in my life that has scratched his head at this comment.
Concepts of beauty do vary. That is good because there needs to be people with different tastes so as everyone can be happy. Also, a few more inches than average would be 5'7"-5'8". That is still a good height for a girl. 6'0" though, that is getting kind of weird and side show freaky. That is kind of like men with midget fetishes. You know what I think when I see a sasquach woman? Tranny.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:13 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
Concepts of beauty do vary. That is good because there needs to be people with different tastes so as everyone can be happy. Also, a few more inches than average would be 5'7"-5'8". That is still a good height for a girl. 6'0" though, that is getting kind of weird and side show freaky. That is kind of like men with midget fetishes. You know what I think when I see a sasquach woman? Tranny.
You know what I think when I read posts like this? Ate too many lead paint chips as a child.

Ever had your azz kicked by a six-foot-tall woman? I'll come see you in your dreams, Sweetie!

Old 07-22-2012, 07:18 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,965,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You know what I think when I read posts like this? Ate too many lead paint chips as a child.

Ever had your azz kicked by a six-foot-tall woman? I'll come see you in your dreams, Sweetie!
Haha. I did eat too many lead chips.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:19 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:

I have. Enjoyed every minute of it!

Old 07-22-2012, 08:26 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:

I'd love to see you do it! I see a PPV in your future.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:35 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
5th grade is AVERAGE these days for onset of puberty? When I was in school, it was 7th grade. One girl developed in 6th grade, and was very self-conscious about it, she was kind of a freak. I wonder if this early onset of puberty in girls is related to hidden estrogens in the food we eat, and in chemicals that package the food.
I think it's probably pretty likely. My mom does 4th grade, and they've actually had to move "the health/sex Ed talk," where they split up the girls and boys and discuss puberty issues, because so many of the girls are developing to the point where bras are starting to be worn and first periods are occurring. For me, even though I hit my final growth spurt at age 11, I was in 7th grade and almost 13 when I started menstruating. But even that onset is slightly earlier with increasing frequency, now. I work with developmentally disabled kids, some of whom have to be taught to see to their own hygiene, and I have 11-year olds who are hitting puberty. Again, this is kids with developmental delays, and they're still hitting it earlier.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:27 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
5th grade is AVERAGE these days for onset of puberty? When I was in school, it was 7th grade. One girl developed in 6th grade, and was very self-conscious about it, she was kind of a freak. I wonder if this early onset of puberty in girls is related to hidden estrogens in the food we eat, and in chemicals that package the food.
I can tell you that in the 5th grade, my music teacher pulled me aside from the rest of the class to tell me that my voice was changing, and by the 6th grade I was growing full beards.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 PM

532 posts, read 1,176,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
You must think Supermodels are trannies and side show freaky then. Gotcha

Last edited by Subie2; 07-22-2012 at 11:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships