Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, are you intimidated to approach a taller woman?
Yes 35 30.43%
No 80 69.57%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 04:03 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
But you are thin, and very pretty if I do say so myself I'm firmly average in size, and if I were 5'6 it would be great, but since I'm 6'1 I just look really big.
Thank you. but I'm only recently thin. I averaged 165 - 180 most of my adult life and was closer to 200 when I got married. And throughout that time, I would go out and I was still approached by men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 04:10 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,948,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Thank you. but I'm only recently thin. I averaged 165 - 180 most of my adult life and was closer to 200 when I got married. And throughout that time, I would go out and I was still approached by men.
Both of you ladies, before you leave this thread...please tell me what you have to see to be aroused or find sexy in a shorter man. I mean what is it? For some reason, they come to me. This has happened many of times. Usually six footers. Short guys want to know?

Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM

664 posts, read 773,302 times
I'm 6' 5''

Old 07-09-2012, 04:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
I'm never approached I get moo'd at a lot though. I just think I live in a redneck utopia where the women are supposed to be teeny tiny. Even my friend who is 5'9 gets made fun of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
Both of you ladies, before you leave this thread...please tell me what you have to see to be aroused or find sexy in a shorter man. I mean what is it? For some reason, they come to me. This has happened many of times. Usually six footers. Short guys want to know?
It has nothing to do with your height. Many women (especially taller women) don't give a rip about your height.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
I've never approached or hit on a man. Never had to.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I'm never approached I get moo'd at a lot though. I just think I live in a redneck utopia where the women are supposed to be teeny tiny. Even my friend who is 5'9 gets made fun of.
Don't get me wrong, I've had (still have) men shout rude things to me, but women can be just as rude when I'm out. Heck, even this weekend some guy shouted "Oh my god!" and it was directed at me but I don't know if he was meant to be complimentary or to mock me. Believe me, I have major social anxieties because of people's comments, both good and bad. I literally start shaking when i walk into some place crowded because of all the stares, comments and questions. Thank god my husband is understanding, but he's been witness to some of the crap I go through.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I've had (still have) men shout rude things to me, but women can be just as rude when I'm out. Heck, even this weekend some guy shouted "Oh my god!" and it was directed at me but I don't know if he was meant to be complimentary or to mock me. Believe me, I have major social anxieties because of people's comments, both good and bad. I literally start shaking when i walk into some place crowded because of all the stares, comments and questions. Thank god my husband is understanding, but he's been witness to some of the crap I go through.
Ugh, I hate that. It's kind of neat having an entire room/restaurant/bar turn and look at you when you walk in, but the comments get really old. I don't think a lot of people realize that it's not a compliment to be called 'big' or 'huge'. It's also not funny when a petite little woman rushes up and says 'OMG, can I take a picture with you!! I'm sooooo tiny compared to you!!' I just want to pat them on the head and say 'well sweetie, one day you'll grow up and be a real woman'. Bah.

It was really bad when I went out with my friend who is 7' tall. We actually only go to out of the way places and small dives because of the attention we got when we went out to more crowded places. We couldn't even walk down the street without people making comments and it got old.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:10 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,948,686 times
Quote:

It has nothing to do with your height. Many women (especially taller women) don't give a rip about your height.
Nah, you know who's got the stuff!

Quote:
I've never approached or hit on a man. Never had to.
They do...some ain't half bad. I went to school with one I hadn't seen in about 18 years. She remembered me right away and gave me a big hug. I enjoyed that *well placed* hug!

Old 07-09-2012, 05:59 PM

114 posts, read 214,258 times
Nah.

at least not anymore intimidated than I am of other women, which depends on my mood.

once tried to date lady who was 6'4.

sometimes if people expect me to be intimidated, it make me less intimidated.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:00 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,869,653 times
Quote:
The taller a woman is, the thinner she has to be to 'make up' for it is what I've experienced.
You're right. Probably isn't fair either, but I'd have a tough time going for a woman that weighs more than I do (185 pounds). You're probably right as well when guys tend to underestimate how much a tall girl actually weighs. I guess it's all in how you carry it. Big boobs, thighs, and butt can make a girl with a tall frame weigh more than an average guy of the same height, and those certainly wouldn't be turnoffs. Being beautiful certainly doesn't hurt the cause either. In all honestly, I'd never give a girl over 6ft serious consideration if she was just average in the looks department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships