Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, are you intimidated to approach a taller woman?
Yes 35 30.43%
No 80 69.57%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:13 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
You're right. Probably isn't fair either, but I'd have a tough time going for a woman that weighs more than I do (185 pounds). You're probably right as well when guys tend to underestimate how much a tall girl actually weighs. I guess it's all in how you carry it. Big boobs, thighs, and butt can make a girl with a tall frame weigh more than an average guy of the same height, and those certainly wouldn't be turnoffs. Being beautiful certainly doesn't hurt the cause either. In all honestly, I'd never give a girl over 6ft serious consideration if she was just average in the looks department.
Which is interesting, because 185 lbs for a woman of my height is within the 'normal' weight range according to BMI. I do have big thighs (which I love ) and a larger chest (which I'm meh about) and my ribcage is quite a bit deeper than normal. I actually have increased lung capacity because of it and my Dr. told me I'd probably make an excellent swimmer because of how tall I am and how large my lungs are.

It all comes down to being pretty though, it always will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 06:16 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Which is interesting, because 185 lbs for a woman of my height is within the 'normal' weight range according to BMI. I do have big thighs (which I love ) and a larger chest (which I'm meh about) and my ribcage is quite a bit deeper than normal. I actually have increased lung capacity because of it and my Dr. told me I'd probably make an excellent swimmer because of how tall I am and how large my lungs are.

It all comes down to being pretty though, it always will.
I don't go by BMI. It's way off. No Rotties applied!

Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Quote:
Not all tall women are supermodels. Most of us are average women in build who happen to be taller. When men say they like taller women, they're thinking of women like Heidi Klum, not women like me.

The taller a woman is, the thinner she has to be to 'make up' for it is what I've experienced.
My comment was sort of a joke. I don't need a tall, rail thin woman. I would like a woman with a "normal" body, whatever that is. In other words, just not fat (obese). Most models are underweight, not at a healthy weight and they have major eating disorders because of it. No thank you, don't need to date a woman with those issues.

Of course, you wouldn't want to date me anyway since I don't have tattoos and am a believer.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
My comment was sort of a joke. I don't need a tall, rail thin woman. I would like a woman with a "normal" body, whatever that is. In other words, just not fat (obese). Most models are underweight, not at a healthy weight and they have major eating disorders because of it. No thank you, don't need to date a woman with those issues.

Of course, you wouldn't want to date me anyway since I don't have tattoos and am a believer.
Precisely I could see a LOT of arguments ..er.. debates in our future

I understand it was just a joke, but it seems to me whenever these types of threads come up (or when I talk to people in person) they always say 'yeah, tall girls are great! Supermodels are tall!'. And that really doesn't help the average tall girl To me, it says 'yeah, you'd be super hot if you were a supermodel, but you're not...so bummer'.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:39 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,034 times
Quote:
Precisely I could see a LOT of arguments ..er.. debates in our future

I understand it was just a joke, but it seems to me whenever these types of threads come up (or when I talk to people in person) they always say 'yeah, tall girls are great! Supermodels are tall!'. And that really doesn't help the average tall girl To me, it says 'yeah, you'd be super hot if you were a supermodel, but you're not...so bummer'.
Supermodels don't do you any good when you tie their legs and break them. Watch out for the famous elbow to the ribs as well.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:50 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
no

Old 07-09-2012, 07:12 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Ugh, I hate that. It's kind of neat having an entire room/restaurant/bar turn and look at you when you walk in, but the comments get really old. I don't think a lot of people realize that it's not a compliment to be called 'big' or 'huge'. It's also not funny when a petite little woman rushes up and says 'OMG, can I take a picture with you!! I'm sooooo tiny compared to you!!' I just want to pat them on the head and say 'well sweetie, one day you'll grow up and be a real woman'. Bah.

It was really bad when I went out with my friend who is 7' tall. We actually only go to out of the way places and small dives because of the attention we got when we went out to more crowded places. We couldn't even walk down the street without people making comments and it got old.

See, I don't like it when an entire room stares at me. My husband reminds me of all the women doing anything to be noticed and all I have to do is walk in or walk by. I dread walking to the ladies room alone.

And although I'm rarely asked to pose with people, I do see people trying to sneak pics with their cell phones. (I just asked my husband if this was all in my head and he said no. ) I don't know if they're trying to get photos of the super tall chick or if it's because I'm that much taller than my husband.

And yeah, I hear you about the shorter girls/women. It happened this weekend too...in the ladies room. I'm guaranteed comments if I'm waiting on line for the ladies room and it's a guarantee that I'll silence the line when I walk out of the stall.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 07-09-2012 at 07:49 PM..

Old 07-09-2012, 07:16 PM

455 posts, read 651,710 times
Lol. Short girls usually go for tall dudes and short dudes would never go for a tall girl.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:31 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
I'm never approached I get moo'd at a lot though. I just think I live in a redneck utopia where the women are supposed to be teeny tiny. Even my friend who is 5'9 gets made fun of.

It has nothing to do with your height. Many women (especially taller women) don't give a rip about your height.
"I just think I live in a redneck utopia"
You sound extremely interesting to me, so it must be your environment. "I get moo'd at a lot though" That pretty much confirms it.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"I just think I live in a redneck utopia"
You sound extremely interesting to me, so it must be your environment. "I get moo'd at a lot though" That pretty much confirms it.

Yeah...JJ, when do you move? I'm curious to hear if things change for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships