Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, are you intimidated to approach a taller woman?
Yes 35 30.43%
No 80 69.57%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 01:38 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Hitler did his own research also
Great point right there, you really got me. I'll have to remember that one.

Baldrick, the point I am making is everyone judges based on looks. When people say that looks don't matter to them then I wonder whether they are an evolutionary mutant or just a liar. Usually when people say they do not care about looks they are just trying to make themselves seem morally superior and deep.

Ok, so you are talking about people who ignore everything but looks. Ok, yes, that is probably a pretty small segment of people, if any. Rich dudes with trophy wives, yes, they are stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 03:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Great point right there, you really got me. I'll have to remember that one.

Baldrick, the point I am making is everyone judges based on looks. When people say that looks don't matter to them then I wonder whether they are an evolutionary mutant or just a liar.
But not everyone agrees on what looks good. What is hideous to me may be great-looking to you. What you think it a repulsive, undesirable trait may be a sought-after attribute to me.

The reality that what constitutes "good looks" is purely subjective renders the whole, "Everyone goes for looks" argument fairly meaningless, given that the vast majority of people have somebody out there who goes for their look.

Somebody's not an evolutionary mutant or a liar just because their idea of what looks hot coincides with your idea of what looks gross, or vice versa.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
I LOVE tall women. That's all I can say about the matter.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:47 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
This is pure B.S. social conditioning and pseudo-science brainwashing.... "Good Genetics"? Outside of Disease, looking very sickly, and perhaps the most extremes of height (north or south), there is no way to determine "Good Genetics" at face value. Beauty is subjective though many can agree on what is "beautiful".

A woman can choose the tallest, most able bodied man she could find and have kids who will inherit diabetes, osteoperosis, sickle cell, Alzheimer's, Baldness, etc. and all kinds of other conditions that she wouldn't know about unless she was with the man for years, or had a copy of his health history. I worked in social services and saw more short boys born to couples where the woman was say 5' and the man was above 6' (those short genes will stick!)

With respect to height, Neanderthals were taller and stronger than humans and were able to interbreed with us. They died out. Some of the populations with the shortest people (i.e. Japan) have the longest life expectancies in the world with the second most centenarians per capita which can be attributed to diet (recent Japanese are taller, but newer diets are bringing typical chronic diseases found here).
Yes, don't these guys realise being with a 5' woman will mean his kids will be a lot shorter than they would otherwise be? Genetics works both ways. Not to say that being tall is the most important thing in the world.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:58 PM

727 posts, read 1,532,825 times
I'm 6'2", so any woman that is taller than me likely plays for the WNBA. And since I'm in wrestling I'm not talking to too many basketball players.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:07 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,948,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes, don't these guys realise being with a 5' woman will mean his kids will be a lot shorter than they would otherwise be? Genetics works both ways. Not to say that being tall is the most important thing in the world.
I'll take my chances. Gimme some of that 5'... 5' 1" "stuff"
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ChpOvOWRL9.../s1600/001.jpg

Old 07-11-2012, 02:32 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,150,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
"Hmmm.... So your 6'3" and your wife is 5'3" so what are the heights of your children?" i don't hear you ask. Well, i'll tell you.

6'5" (age 21, son)
6'2" (age 18, son)
5'5" (age 13, daughter)

Funny old thing genetics...

Old 07-11-2012, 04:01 AM

Their Story - Amazon Eve - YouTube

FWIW I think she's pretty sexy!

Old 07-11-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
"Hmmm.... So your 6'3" and your wife is 5'3" so what are the heights of your children?" i don't hear you ask. Well, i'll tell you.

6'5" (age 21, son)
6'2" (age 18, son)
5'5" (age 13, daughter)

What's your point? I'm just saying on average if a 6'3" guy went with a 5'9" woman, probability says their kids will be taller than if she was 4'11". Not a hard concept to grasp, is it?

Old 07-11-2012, 04:47 AM

499 posts, read 756,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

6'5" (age 21, son)
6'2" (age 18, son)
5'5" (age 13, daughter)

Genetics are luck of the draw. Both of my parents are taller than me. My brother is tall. I ended up short, YES with both parents being taller.

As for the short mom/tall dad thing (where I usually saw MOST of the boys growing up to be short(er) men because of the Mother's genetics), there are plenty of examples of this... Then what about the Grandparent's height? A distant relative's height? You just don't know............

There was a clip on ABC's Good Morning America of a guy who was 6'8, who married a woman was 5' even. They had a boy who struggled with the 4'11 mark in Middle School (roughly age 13, where his dad was already 6 feet tall at the same age). The subject of the clip was self esteem growing up. You could tell the dad was uneasy with his kid being bullied for being so short........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo1DbjLm9Nk

I knew quite a few kids like that who ended up in the 5'5-5'7 range as adult men.

Another good example - Kiefer Sutherland (5'7) vs father Donald Sutherland (6'6)

Other way around - Shorter parents can and regularly birth average height and tall sons - Martin Sheen (5'6), vs son Charlie Sheen (5'10), Michael Jordan ended up 6'6 with both parents under 5'10.

For every couple that has taller sons, there will be just as many who birth average and shorter ones... regardless of the parent's heights a lot of the time.

LUCK OF THE DRAW....... STOP SUGGESTING THAT A SHORT WOMAN GREATLY INCREASES HER CHANCE OF HAVING TALL SONS BY MATING WITH A TALL MAN, LIKE SHE "MUST" BE WITH A TALL MAN OR ELSE - That is rubbish, socially accepted brainwashing and hogwash. Just as many short couples have kids of average height or can have tall daughters and not so tall sons.

You just don't know what your kids will look like.

Last edited by Walter002; 07-11-2012 at 05:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships