Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 02:11 PM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times

Advertisements

What kind of guy or girl did/do you look for to date or have a relationship with?
Well, since I was involved with Professional Rodeo (Team Roping) for a number of years when I was single, this is the type of gal that I looked for (and finally got):
Didn't want a gal that looked like a model. Always liked the "pleasing plump" average looking type. Didn't want the "Buckle Bunny" type that only liked 2-stepping at a local nightclub. Those gals can be cute, but most of them DON'T like to be around the smell of horses....period. I would look for a gal that DIDN'T wrap a napkin around a beer bottle........be a woman and hold the cold bottle. No wine drinkers, unless it was Boone's Farm's best. And the lady had better like the sport of rodeo 'cause that is what I was all about.
Now, you might think this is just tooooooo funny, but I did know some rodeo cowboys (like myself) that looked for women with the same characteristics that I did.
Like "hunks" for men, don't like rodeo, only can dance, like men with nice trucks/money.......sorry, stay away from this "roper".
Tell the Forum what your "likes and dislikes" are.
An ex-rodeo cowboy who really, really loves his wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2006, 02:20 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
I looked for and got someone tall, rough around the edges, longer hair, funny, likes the outdoors and knows how to use his hands ( I know what you dirty minded people are thinking and you are only 1/2 right, I mean construction guy)
likes being outdoors, honest and romantic, and extremely good looking(not necessary but got it!)

Old 09-23-2006, 02:47 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
When I was single I was looking for a Christian man who would love me like the Bible says for a man to love his wife...and The Lord gave me who I think is the BEST husband in world. He tells me all time how much he loves me ( and shows me). He thanks me for marring him and tells me I'm and excellent wife. I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful husband, he is a gift from God. And he loves me even when I take off my makeup ha

Old 09-23-2006, 02:49 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
When I was single I was looking for a Christian man who would love me like the Bible says for a man to love his wife...and The Lord gave me who I think is the BEST husband in world. He tells me all time how much he loves me ( and shows me). He thanks me for marring him and tells me I'm and excellent wife. I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful husband, he is a gift from God. And he loves me even when I take off my makeup ha
well I know if they are still there when the makeup comes off they are a keeper!!!!

Old 09-23-2006, 06:09 PM

109 posts, read 611,429 times
Yep this time I have a Christian man & he is the best. Tall, handsome, funny well educated, generous & kind, & financially secure were all in my criteria. Also love dogs!! Plus his job has taken him all over the world... we were in Europe for 4 years! An added bonus! We'll be married 6 years very soon.

Old 09-23-2006, 09:57 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,712 times
I don't think it really matters as long as the person you are with truly respects you. You also have to not only love each other, you have to like each other. There needs to be a number of things in a relationship...love, intimacy, friendship, etc. Especially if you're spending your life with this person...you need to be able to enjoy each other while knowing when to give each other space. You don't need to like all of the same things...being different is what puts that challenge (and conversation) into a relationship. Also, speaking of conversation....that's probably one of the most important things...if you can't communicate properly or if there's lack of communication...well then, you might as well not be together.

As far as my type for "looks"....well, if you'll refer to my previous posts of Johnny Depp and Joe Elliott...I LOVE rockers and bad boys (well, actually just the bad boy image, not really a real bad guy, if ya know what I mean). Period. Long hair, medium hair, I don't care, just give me hair!!!!! (I prefer darker hair and eyes, but there's a few blonds that have captured my gaze). Flannel shirts, ripped jeans, guitar in hand.....woooooooo!!!!!! Love 'em...LOVE 'EM I SAID!!!!!! Of course, that's what I've liked since I was about 12 (and I still do). However, the man I truly love and am spending the rest of my life with has green eyes, short medium brown hair, no tattoos whatsoever and owns just about every Giants t-shirt ever in print. Oh and all of his jeans are in tack. About the only thing in comparison is that he listens to classic/hard rock. So I guess what we like growing up and what we end up wanting or needing can be entirely different. (However, my husband clearly and thoroughly knows that should Johnny Depp ever waltz into my life...dear old hubby is history )

Old 09-23-2006, 11:46 PM

313 posts, read 833,922 times
I only had one solid rule and that was that he had to be taller than me! I'm 5'11" so there were many many guys that did not make it past the #1 requirement!

Old 09-24-2006, 06:17 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,775,681 times
Honest, loyal, loves animals, likes to travel, decent human being, taller then me, likes sex, caring, humorous, intelligent, likes food-a lot, romantic, non-judgemental, wants the same things out of life, respects seniors, calls grandma to say hi, can say I love you, likes to hug.............I'm very lucky beacusr I found all that. Hi Honey!!!!

Old 09-24-2006, 06:22 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times
Default Dating

I felt like I had to meet a gal that was the "cowgirl" type (not the nightclub "cowgirl" type) and that is what I spent tooooooo many years looking for, until I finally met my wife.
Unfortunately, I was getting so desperate (not the kind of word I want to use) at times, I would chose a gal that had absolutely no interest in rodeo/horses, smoked and didn't really want a relationship.
Anyway, I didn't get a "full-fledged" cowgirl, but that isn't what I wanted. I was a part-time rodeo cowboy, not a ranch cowboy. My wife is average looking, as I am and really loves the things that I love. We do a lot (and I do mean a lot) of things together.
My wife is definitely.........THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2006, 11:36 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,712 times
It's so nice to hear men talk highly and lovingly about their wives. There aren't enough men out there like that...some need to act macho...I hate that. Good for you guys who can talk openly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships