Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:02 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,933,779 times

Advertisements

Distance, cost, and you really don't know what you're getting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 12:23 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,578,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's all about outward appearances to you?
How successful are you at dating?
I wonder.

I've never seen an older guy putting on some weight.
I've never seen a man get a boner for a woman's diploma. Of course appearance is important, its very important. If a man desires an inshape, feminine, nonentitled woman, why would he settle for a woman in a country like the U.S. where that population is dwindling?

Old 07-09-2012, 12:25 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,398,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Divorce rates in Sweden, Denmark, and Finland are at least as high as in the U.S. I don't think they have the answer to happy relationships either. Besides, the thread is about "offshore" marriage, and Scandinavia doesn't export a lot of brides to the States. The women who are eager to marry virtual strangers and move here are typically poor, without much opportunity back home.
Moreover, women in Scandinavia are very liberated - not at all the "traditional gender role" fans the OP is talking about. The people he wants to cater to would view the Scandinavian countries as the Great Satan.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:56 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,405,639 times
Quote:
Divorce rates in Sweden, Denmark, and Finland are at least as high as in the U.S. I don't think they have the answer to happy relationships either. Besides, the thread is about "offshore" marriage, and Scandinavia doesn't export a lot of brides to the States. The women who are eager to marry virtual strangers and move here are typically poor, without much opportunity back home.
Well, my point wasn't specifically pertaining to relationships actually. I was making a more general point about how the wider culture affects them. Divorce statistics are misleading anyway and don't paint much of a picture. My point was more of a general one, as another poster asked me what culture I feel is the all-round most suitable (in not so many words).

One thing about divorce is that it can be higher in more agnostic/atheist countries, as there is less pressure to remain in a marriage that isn't working out and attitudes to marriage may be different + you get more same sex marriage in other countries, where it has been legal for quite some time.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:12 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,743,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I've never seen a man get a boner for a woman's diploma. Of course appearance is important, its very important. If a man desires an inshape, feminine, nonentitled woman, why would he settle for a woman in a country like the U.S. where that population is dwindling?

well he shouldn't. he should get on the next plane out. as quickly as possible.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:51 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,314,682 times
Well. I am 35, never married, no kids and I know that I would never marry an American woman. The main problem that I see with American women generally speaking is their mentality. This weird obsession with marriage which I never understood. Very superficial, limited intellectually and often unstable emotionally.

I have never met an American women who was attractive and intellectual, usually the ones who are attractive are borderline retarded like "OMG, Did you hear about Paris Hilton?" types or the ones who are intellectual are like unattractive weirdos with no social skills and very awkward socially.

In between these two extremes, you have mostly sub-par, below average looking, often overweight Feminazis who are looking for a lap dog, not a man.

Also, this country has the highest incident of mental issues in the world, so I am definitely not settling for some unstable nutcase.

I have traveled a lot around the world and in just about any country out there, you can find women who are intelligent, beautiful and definitely not overweight.

Guys who settle for a sub-par American wife do so simply because they don't know any better, literally there are BILLIONS of women out there who are beautiful, intelligent and not overweight.

Most of the guys like myself who have their crap together, single by choice, and know they are not marrying an American woman would not need your services though because we can find women on our own.

I am afraid your business model would appeal more to the unattractive, "loser", desperate types who go overseas to find a woman, simply because they have no game and could not find any woman locally.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:53 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,743,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Well. I am 35, never married, no kids and I know that I would never marry an American woman. The main problem that I see with American women generally speaking is their mentality. This weird obsession with marriage which I never understood. Very superficial, limited intellectually and often unstable emotionally.

I have never met an American women who was attractive and intellectual, usually the ones who are attractive are borderline retarded like "OMG, Did you hear about Paris Hilton?" types or the ones who are intellectual are like unattractive weirdos with no social skills and very awkward socially.

Also, this country has the highest incident of mental issues in the world, so I am definitely not settling for some unstable nutcase.

I have traveled a lot around the world and in just about any country out there, you can find women who are intelligent, beautiful and definitely not overweight.

Guys who settle for a sub-par American wife do so simply because they don't know any better, literally there are BILLIONS of women out there who are beautiful, intelligent and not overweight.

Most of the guys like myself who are single by choice, and know they are not marrying American would would not need of your services though because we can find women on our own.

I am afraid your business model would appeal more to the unattractive, "loser", desperate types who go overseas to find a woman, simply because they have no game and could not find any woman on their own.

now tell us about the subpar men in this country -- or are you all 'gems waiting to be discovered?' It's funny how American men put themselves on a pedestal -- they must not know what the rest of the world thinks of them either. LOL.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,433,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have never met an American women who was attractive and intellectual, usually the ones who are attractive are borderline retarded like "OMG, Did you hear about Paris Hilton?" types or the ones who are intellectual are like unattractive weirdos with no social skills and very awkward socially..

This is more reflective of your environment and probably social class than representative of the whole country.
There were plenty of gorgeous women in my med school class...and at my brother's law school graduation...

Last edited by stan4; 07-09-2012 at 02:51 PM..

Old 07-09-2012, 02:58 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Well, my point wasn't specifically pertaining to relationships actually. I was making a more general point about how the wider culture affects them. Divorce statistics are misleading anyway and don't paint much of a picture. My point was more of a general one, as another poster asked me what culture I feel is the all-round most suitable (in not so many words).

One thing about divorce is that it can be higher in more agnostic/atheist countries, as there is less pressure to remain in a marriage that isn't working out and attitudes to marriage may be different + you get more same sex marriage in other countries, where it has been legal for quite some time.
Agreed. Well, not conclusively about Scandinavian countries' being best--We are Swedish and therefore biased.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:38 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,405,639 times
Quote:
Agreed. Well, not conclusively about Scandinavian countries' being best--We are Swedish and therefore biased.
I don't think they're best. There's no such thing as best, but if I could choose where to live, it would be Denmark or Sweden hands down. Before I met my ex-wife and moved to the US, that had always been my plan. Those countries just suit me personally a lot better than here, though they would not be everyone's cup of tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships