Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 11:31 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
This forum doesn't depict real life, Lol. Most guys in here have been in a relationship/s, its only the very few that struggle, for reasons of their own, and theres no one else to blame, but themselves.
Thisx1000

Some of the posters/threads on this forum are proof that it's not the "Modern man" and it's only the complainers that struggle. Many of these complainers will also proclaim that they're "Done" with trying, yet make posts indicating that they aren't really happy with that decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 11:36 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Well, since I was mentioned here you go. Yes I still have a lot of issues with attracting women. But I have managed to get dates occasionally. But still haven't had a decent relationship.
Gotta say, as someone who was gone a year or so...when I came back, there was a huge change in your tone. I know you have not "made it" to where you would prefer to be, but you're a very different (better in my opinion) man from the Diss I vaguely remember from my earlier times on this forum.

But guess I was saying, "I had dared hope this was something other than a lame hijack of your old thread, but I shoulda known better huh?"

Old 10-18-2017, 11:39 AM

212 posts, read 159,401 times
Quote:
This forum doesn't depict real life, Lol. Most guys in here have been in a relationship/s, its only the very few that struggle, for reasons of their own, and theres no one else to blame, but themselves.
It does in my opinion and that's all that matters to me.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:47 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Gotta say, as someone who was gone a year or so...when I came back, there was a huge change in your tone. I know you have not "made it" to where you would prefer to be, but you're a very different (better in my opinion) man from the Diss I vaguely remember from my earlier times on this forum.

But guess I was saying, "I had dared hope this was something other than a lame hijack of your old thread, but I shoulda known better huh?"
I guess the Diss before your hiatus was super angry and was pretty much in contempt with himself mostly. I guess now that I've made some moves in my career and taken some risks in love and actually experienced what it was like to have someone who cared (though not on an official relationship level) I see myself worthy of having someone and having pride in myself. I still have work to do but I'm not the same person that made the OP by a longshot.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:49 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
LOL 😂

Okay, then.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:56 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Thisx1000

Some of the posters/threads on this forum are proof that it's not the "Modern man" and it's only the complainers that struggle. Many of these complainers will also proclaim that they're "Done" with trying, yet make posts indicating that they aren't really happy with that decision.
When I first joined this place, I couldn't believe that any man would really struggle with dating or getting laid. I have some really hideous guy friends that dont struggle getting with a woman. So, all this complaining is new to me. Are all my ugly guy friends hooking up with gorgeous women? No, Lol not all my most attractive guys friends can date cute to above average women.

I use to think these complainers set their bar too high as far as looks. I dont believe that anymore. I believe, they're just chickensht to even look at a women, much less approach one. If a pretty woman sat on one of these "complainers" laps, they wouldn't have a clue how to proceed.

As for Diss, the OP, he is at least trying. Frustrated he might be, but hes still trying.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:02 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Goodness. A new poster has come to resurrect an old thread with a bitter post about how awful women are.

I'm stunned.

Here I thought/hoped that maybe Diss had revived it to say "Hey, look, I was so angry and done years ago, and see how far I have come" or that one of us who are in his cheering section, maybe, had done so...but no. No such luck.

I have a friend, who made a song, and the main part...well, I cannot share it exactly because of the profanity, but the gist is that someone is calling a woman a terrible <word> because she won't <....> him. It's a singalong!

Funny how the men hollering about how easy and immoral women are, they seem to imagine all the other guys are getting what they aren't, and they are bitter and alone, but those women...those awful women...the inconvenient keepers of that thing he wants...they're to blame. They're giving it away to everybody but him, must be. No standards at all. Why, if they had proper standards, they'd be HAPPY to be his property, I mean...date.

Gosh golly. What IS the world coming to?
I don't understand the logic of some guys, But I guess that is just their journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I wonder if the OP is dating men now since he is so done with women lol
Smh

Quote:
This sounded worse than men saying women don't know what they want.
What would sound good to you? Honestly

Quote:
I never thought of that, I'm not going to do that but it's gotta be better than here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
No matter whete you go, there you are.
Maybe. I've seen differences in how I'm treated in certain places, but in some ways that statement is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Your own title says you are done dating women. Not many other choices so I don't see how it is insulting to you, when you said it first!!!
Yeah, it is more insulting to you given that you are assessing someone by something that was written about 5 years ago instead of looking at his recent posts.

Quote:
You know if you had actually read the OP, you would have figured I'm done was nothing more than a statement of frustration not a definite statement of fact. But since people are so quick to accuse me of being gay, guess it doesn't matter.
I'm more frustrated with someone making conclusions about you based on something that was dug up from more than 5 years ago when there is more current content.

Quote:
I guess the Diss before your hiatus was super angry and was pretty much in contempt with himself mostly. I guess now that I've made some moves in my career and taken some risks in love and actually experienced what it was like to have someone who cared (though not on an official relationship level) I see myself worthy of having someone and having pride in myself. I still have work to do but I'm not the same person that made the OP by a longshot.
I've seen some changes with you. It is actually encouraging.

Quote:
You need to get out more.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:08 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
When I first joined this place, I couldn't believe that any man would really struggle with dating or getting laid. I have some really hideous guy friends that dont struggle getting with a woman. So, all this complaining is new to me. Are all my ugly guy friends hooking up with gorgeous women? No, Lol not all my most attractive guys friends can date cute to above average women.

I use to think these complainers set their bar too high as far as looks. I dont believe that anymore. I believe, they're just chickensht to even look at a women, much less approach one. If a pretty woman sat on one of these "complainers" laps, they wouldn't have a clue how to proceed.

As for Diss, the OP, he is at least trying. Frustrated he might be, but hes still trying.
I don't think it is even that. I myself am "chickenst" when it comes to women and I do just fine. My suspicion is that these complainers have no grain of social skills. A lot of us dudes don't.

What happened to just saying hi? A lot of guys will just go up and grope you, or stare at you and if you so much as acknowledge them, then they will pounce you, hold onto you like there is no tomorrow meanwhile squeezing all the circulation out of your wrist. And that's what they do to other men, let alone a woman.

I can't even be polite anymore. I loved being polite.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:33 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
I think forums can tend to exaggerate problems but I do think things like old have made it slightly harder for some men.

This women I know she's cute no stunner but somewhat attractive told me she has 10 thousand likes on the website she's in and thousands of guys wanting to date her.

Is it crazy to say that old has created a bit of a ego boost and fantasy for some women who get swamped with so much attention?

If I got that much attention I might start to think I'm a hot commodity and should hold out for the very best.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:35 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
You know if you had actually read the OP, you would have figured I'm done was nothing more than a statement of frustration not a definite statement of fact. But since people are so quick to accuse me of being gay, guess it doesn't matter.
You mean "assume" of course. Because being gay is not a crime or even a big deal to most. Definitely not an accusation. See, I would not be offended if someone thought I was gay.... sometimes I wish I was!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships