Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 07:43 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,791,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Tonight I had a bowl of cereal for dinner, with blueberries. Few men would allow that...they usually want a big piece of meat.

I am going to bed alone, in my fresh, clean bed...no sweaty person next to me wanting anything...

I went to my yoga class tonight and lifted weights for two hours...no one bothering me to go home for dinner.

Just thought we needed a positive thread about being single for a change! What made you happy about being single tonight?
You know if a couple were very smart they could have the same thing. It's about being self-sufficient and only calling on each other when the feeling is mutual or not a disturbance to the other.

I think a buddhist monk and a buddhist nun would know how to make it work better than anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
This thread is total BS. NO ONE wants to be single. never met a single person who would not trade it in a sec for the 'right person' My marriage is as fresh as it was 25 years ago. Sex is wonderful, we do everything together.. Love each other.. Who would not want that? I did and have it..

Old 12-21-2012, 09:54 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
This thread is total BS. NO ONE wants to be single. never met a single person who would not trade it in a sec for the 'right person' My marriage is as fresh as it was 25 years ago. Sex is wonderful, we do everything together.. Love each other.. Who would not want that? I did and have it..
Just because you have a happy marriage does not mean others can be perfectly happy and comfortable being single. One does not preclude the other.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:57 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Quote:
I think your response is BS. The title is pretty clear and since you aren't single I have no idea why you replied. I love smug married people who make single people feel like they are missing out. I'd love to meet the right person, but until I do I'd rather focus on what's good about being single, and believe it or not there are quite a lot of things that are enjoyable about being single. Go brag somewhere else.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Just because you have a happy marriage does not mean others can be perfectly happy and comfortable being single. One does not preclude the other.
But I saying that everyone would trade in single life to share it with the right person..

Old 12-21-2012, 10:02 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,224 times
Quote:
But I saying that everyone would trade in single life to share it with the right person..
I'm going to be a contrarian.

I have been single for quite some time, and I like my space and not feeling obligated to include someone in my every day life. I would be perfectly content to only have an occasional partnering to fulfill certain needs, otherwise sharing my life with the "right person" is for the birds.

Not to mention that I can't fathom spending the entirety of my existence attached to someone.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:04 AM

Then you have never found the right person. If you would you would not be saying that. Get out there and find that person! There is nothing better then sharing life with your family..

Old 12-21-2012, 10:04 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,224 times
Quote:
Then you have never found the right person. If you would you would not be saying that. Get out there and find that person! There is nothing better then sharing life with your family..
There's also nothing wrong with choosing to be single and wanting that for myself. I choose to not "look for the right person".

Old 12-21-2012, 10:06 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Quote:
In your opinion..

Old 12-21-2012, 10:09 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
I'm looking for the right cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships