Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 02:05 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think what she means is that no guy goes over to his gf's house for dinner (or comes home from work at the end of the day, if they're living together) expecting a bowl of cereal for dinner. LOL! It's funny, when you look at it from that perspective. Maybe cereal as a late-night snack while watching a movie together, but I don't think the way to a man's heart is via bowls of cereal for dinner.
Exactly. As I have said many times, the way to a man's heart is sex and fried chicken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 02:06 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Single men are the unhappiest? Are you freaking serious? Most of my co-workers and friends who are married absolutely envy my lifestyle- they are some of the unhappiest people I know because they live in a prison.

Like I said, two of my co-workers are going to Vegas and I am going with then. My married co-worker asked his wife if he could go and she said NO The whole idea of some woman determining if you can go or not go someplace is LUDICROUS!
May be a difficult concept, but many married people don't take separate vacations, particularly not with single coworkers of the opposite sex. Doesn't mean the wife is controlling. I'd wonder why a married man would think his wife would be okay with him vacationing with single females rather than her.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:10 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have endless supply of AA batteries???

FML
LMAO!!

I think I still have 2 packs in my utility drawer, myself. However, lately they have been going to the remote controls for the TV or cable box.

Let me see:

I can come and go as I please. (Although I still do that).
If I feel like still being in my pajamas at 3pm on a Sunday I can do that.
I can go without makeup or dressing up.
If I feel like going away for the weekend at a moment's notice, I don't need to check in with anyone about it.
I sleep according to my own work schedule and not someone else's.
If I want to occupy all of my time with a dozen hobbies, I can do that.

Granted, I still do these things even in a relationship. The main thing is finding the right person who still lets you be....you. I realized I'm happier having someone to care for than being alone, but I learned to love being alone while single also.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't remember the exact place I read this, but it has stuck with me...about the happiest people...
Unmarried women are the happiest, followed by married men, then married women, and the unhappiest people are single men. It was a scale about life satisfaction...

I agree with that.
Women: Single and Loving It
Wow, I love it! I do know most married men are happier than single men, absolutely. Interesting.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:20 PM

27 posts, read 36,408 times
i love being single because i don't have to worry about getting along and getting approval from his family and friends

Old 07-10-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
May be a difficult concept, but many married people don't take separate vacations, particularly not with single coworkers of the opposite sex. Doesn't mean the wife is controlling. I'd wonder why a married man would think his wife would be okay with him vacationing with single females rather than her.
Exactly. Many married are super happy and want to have the kind of relationship where they actually act married. Imagine.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:34 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
I love being single about 50% of the time.

Mostly in the summer, it's around 75% of the time because it's so freaking hot where I live, and I love not having a hot, sweaty body next to me. I value the space in my bed!

I also love being single because I don't have to deal with the emotions a lot of relationships have--jealousy, sadness, anger, "does he love me?", etc.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:44 PM

89 posts, read 119,866 times
I LOVE being single because...

I can put something away and not worry about it being in a totally different spot upon my return.

I can spend as much me time as I want on myself (love a cassia/brahmani hair treatment, doing my own nails, face masks, the list is endless!).

I can make plans without having to worry about interfering with a significant other's schedule!

I can eat when I want and where I want (Don't you hate when you want sushi and the other person wants a hamburger and fries! Someone is going to lose.)

Old 07-10-2012, 02:48 PM

89 posts, read 119,866 times
Geez people, just answer what you LOVE about being single. What's up with all the minutia about women wanting to get married, etc, Jasper12 said DO OVER.

Start another topic about women who want to get married or have a relationship!

Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I love being single about 50% of the time.

Mostly in the summer, it's around 75% of the time because it's so freaking hot where I live, and I love not having a hot, sweaty body next to me. I value the space in my bed!

I also love being single because I don't have to deal with the emotions a lot of relationships have--jealousy, sadness, anger, "does he love me?", etc.
Yeah, the very best relationships are still fraught with all those insecurities...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships