Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 03:28 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,137 times

Advertisements

Dating muscular guys is fine, but be prepared to get cheated on as muscular guys (even if broke) often have a ton of options. From personal experience, I know of a few bodybuilder/fitness model type guys and they get offers from women all the time with almost no effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 03:48 PM

3,921 posts, read 6,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Dating muscular guys is fine, but be prepared to get cheated on as muscular guys (even if broke) often have a ton of options. From personal experience, I know of a few bodybuilder/fitness model type guys and they get offers from women all the time with almost no effort.
Another generalization. Cheating is something all types of men do. Granted, its probably more available and easier for fit men vs. fat men or scrawny men. Regardless, I think its a stereotype. Do you feel the same way about women who are fit?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:55 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
According to British scientists: Science Says: Don't Date Muscular Guys! | Love + Sex - Yahoo! Shine#_=

What a load of bull. So ladies, how fat should I get for you all to become attracted to me?
A British scientists opinion. Oh lord how I value that.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:56 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
If a guy is truly committed to his SO, he'll stay faithful regardless of what he looks like. People should be in control of their actions.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:58 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,165,894 times
While I never actually dated a muscular guy, my best FWB was pretty muscular (weight lifted his whole life-now 49) and he was GREAT to be with. Had the stamina for HOURS.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:00 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
Women who trash muscled guys are a perfect example of cognitive dissonance. Since they can't get one to commit to them, they get sour grapes syndrome and say they never really liked muscular guys.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:01 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Another generalization. Cheating is something all types of men do. Granted, its probably more available and easier for fit men vs. fat men or scrawny men. Regardless, I think its a stereotype. Do you feel the same way about women who are fit?
As Chris Rock would say: "A man is as faithful as his options"

Old 07-10-2012, 04:15 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
I had a co-worker who had a great, muscular body and an attractive face to match and he got married when he was around 25. I assume he's faithful to his wife because what would have been the point of marrying her so young if he still wanted to have sex with other women? I'm sure he gets attention from women all the time, but he chose to actually make a commitment to someone, so even though he probably has opportunities to cheat, that doesn't mean that he will.

Or maybe I just don't think the way men do.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:23 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
If a guy is truly committed to his SO, he'll stay faithful regardless of what he looks like. People should be in control of their actions.
Easier said than done.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:27 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Women who trash muscled guys are a perfect example of cognitive dissonance. Since they can't get one to commit to them, they get sour grapes syndrome and say they never really liked muscular guys.
I'm not so sure of this. I have been in relationships with men like this, and one was a very long term one. Quite sure I don't have conflicting thoughts about them.

I also know overweight jerks. I can be attracted to either, I suppose. I do know that the ones body just felt so fake. I was not attracted to that most certainly, nor was I attracted to his thought that my friends should be jealous because I had a man such as himself.

I can do without that...all day long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships