Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 07:50 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That "guys on one side of the room, women on the other" happens in the US a fair amount, too. It's bizarre. Why did the guys bother to attend the event if they're not going to talk to the women? I guess they feel the women don't measure up? Even if the women go over to the other side of the room to say hello, nothing happens. I think a lot of American men are awkward around women. And those that aren't tend to be the picky ones, only interested in "hot" women.

goldfrapp, do your girlfriends get booty calls? How is a booty call different from being asked out? Is getting a booty call considered a compliment? Are the women agreeable?
Other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 07:58 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Other way around.
Nope. At the events I've been to, the women will go over to get refreshments, where the guys are, and will talk to the guys, but nothing happens. They guys just stay on their side of the room, against the wall, like they're in a police line-up or something, staring across at the women. It's a little surreal.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Nope. At the events I've been to, the women will go over to get refreshments, where the guys are, and will talk to the guys, but nothing happens. They guys just stay on their side of the room, against the wall, like they're in a police line-up or something, staring across at the women. It's a little surreal.
I'm not disputing your overall observation. I was just disputing that specific statement in which you said the reason it happen was that the guys felt the women didn't measure up. Maybe the guys felt that they themselves didn't measure up.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
. Maybe the guys felt that they themselves didn't measure up.

That never occurred to me. What kind of lame guys would think that? A couple of these occasions were very informal, it wasn't a cocktail hour where the women were all decked out.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:

That never occurred to me. What kind of lame guys would think that? A couple of these occasions were very informal, it wasn't a cocktail hour where the women were all decked out.
Men are frightened chitless of a group of women, ESPECIALLY a group of fine looking women.

I have male friends, I know, they tell me.

We think they are ignoring us but truth is, they are all speechless with admiration and nerves.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:

It doesn't help to call them lame, besides would you rather them think they were to good for you?

Old 07-11-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Maybe I shouldn't have said "pair off". Dating is a necessity for those who are lonely and want company. More independent types don't bother much. Religion isn't involved except in highly religious communities.

If as you say, booty calls are frequent, how would a woman have any idea in advance whether the guy can "cut the mustard"? Are booty calls with friends only, not with strangers, or friends of friends?

Well often she doesn't...but you can guarantee the guy won't be asked back again if he can't. Also, women talk...some men are "popular" and word spreads.

A booty call for me has always been a guy I've met somewhere (last one at work) and hooked up with...but not for a relationship...or at least, that's not the goal...it can happen that they like you and try to hang around (my last 2 boyfriends lol).

The goal is some hot sex with a hot guy and is a reward in itself. All growed up, no broken hearts or disappointments or mixed messages.

A girl has needs you know...

Old 07-11-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
It doesn't help to call them lame, besides would you rather them think they were to good for you?
I assumed that's what it was. We didn't measure up. If the guys were intimidated by the women, that doesn't explain why they didn't take the opportunity to chat when the women would go over to them and say hello.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
I'd comment about american dating, but i haven't had a date in more than 2 years. I don't know how Americans date.

But for me, a movie, dinner date, and a long night of talking are usually the typical dates that I've experienced when ra relationship forms from the dating.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I assumed that's what it was. We didn't measure up.
Hell to the NO Ruthie!

They are soo intimidated by us women.

Big strong men reduced to weeping kittens.

God I love it.

Shove one flirtatious (Australian?) woman into that group of sullen men and watch them all start performing and puffing their chests out, trying to be the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships