Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 04:42 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I started a new profile on a new site last weekend. Not one message so far. Bummer.
Quote:
Who says people on dating sites aren't doing both? I socialize constantly and have a huge group of friends. So far this week I've been to 2 concerts, a LAN party (I know, I know...) a backyard bbq and to my local dive for a tiki party and it's only Thursday!
Oh well you don't have time to field a bunch of emails from Bubba anyway, lol. But I can't believe that you haven't heard from anyone--you're so pretty in your photo. Edgy ya know? Well keep socializing and I'm betting you'll meet someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 06:47 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
I started a new profile on a new site last weekend. Not one message so far. Bummer.
Where do you live again? I seriously can't believe (well, I do believe you, but you get what I mean) that you haven't gotten a single message.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:10 PM

123 posts, read 122,707 times
Quote:
I cant belive it. Really ?? You probably on the wrong dating site

Old 07-12-2012, 09:37 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia112 View Post
After a couple of weeks thinking about that, I decided to give this online dating another chance. First impression I didnt expect much out of it but it was really disappointing the first couple guys who wrote me. How long should I keep my profile before giving up on this?? Any tips or comments are welcome here.

You are a woman so you are going to get lot of messages. Why don't you message the ones you like then? What did they write? I have done online dating for over 10+ years.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:37 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Finding a relationship isn't easy, just be thankful you're getting that many dates. Most guys can't even get 1, that's gotta tell you you're obviously doing something right. You can't expect to make a long lasting relationship out of every girl you meet. As we've said before.. take it for what it is, enjoy the time and if you meet someone worthwhile go with it.
Its just soooo hard. Had another date tonight. Spent 2 hours with her and have NO idea if she's attracted to me. Its just changed so much because women are always holding out for a better guy tomorrow or the next day. Its ridiculous.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:38 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
The article never did mention how age is a function. Besides, just getting a lot of messages is not the same as getting a lot of messages that you had in mind. I have lots of messages from "Bubba" but Bubba will never hear back from me. Any man that I consider my "equal" in several of the factors that people look for in finding a partner are looking for younger women and sometimes much younger women. For that reason I don't even bother to message a man if his age range drops to 15 years or more younger than us, even if my age is included in his range, b/c I know that he's hoping for someone much younger and just doesn't want to sound bad.
I've noticed this on the dating sites. This doesn't happen so much in real life. I think men specify younger women online simply because they can. In real life, no one knows someone's age. They approach people who look attractive, and find out the age afterwards. But online, all the personal info is there, so it's easy to order up someone younger. I wonder if those guys get many answers...

Old 07-12-2012, 09:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Its just soooo hard. Had another date tonight. Spent 2 hours with her and have NO idea if she's attracted to me. Its just changed so much because women are always holding out for a better guy tomorrow or the next day. Its ridiculous.
So are men, believe me. It's not gender specific.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:51 PM

If the guy has good looks and tall then he will do well with online dating.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:52 PM

If the woman is average looking Jane, she will still gets a tons of messages making her inbox full. The above average ones get like 100 messages a day.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:58 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
If the guy has good looks and tall then he will do well with online dating.
Not true. I'm tall and as for looks, well who knows (I'm told I am), but its been very difficult for me. I'm not s social misfit either. Maybe a little shy, but not a misfit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships