Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Not true. I'm tall and as for looks, well who knows (I'm told I am), but its been very difficult for me. I'm not s social misfit either. Maybe a little shy, but not a misfit.
Well, you have to look good on the picture also. Some people are not photogenic. Have you posted your picture? What is misfit?

Anyone can be social after you break the ice which is where the shyness comes from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 10:07 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I'm way too proud to resort to online dating (no offense to those that do). I'm old fashioned in this area. Would be fun to browse some profiles though, just to see what's out there and available...

No damn it lol
"Proud"? I'm proud that I was so successful with it. To each his own.

I think for younger people, it isn't as successful, since as we get older and acquire more responsibilities, we have less time to devote solely to social activities. If I was 25, I'd be hanging out with school buddies and friends at night...instead of getting home from the gym and then cooking dinner for my son, cleaning the kitchen, paying bills, and collapsing on the couch.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:23 PM

270 posts, read 488,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yessir we do. Often it's one pic of him in the mirror, one of his 2 big slobbering dogs on the couch and 2 different shots of his Harley.
SO true.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:33 PM

270 posts, read 488,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Online dating for women has to be so easy tbh. Write a profile, put up some cute photos, then just wait. You'll be swarmed with messages like bees swarming a pool of spilled soda.
I wish this was the case. Honestly, I barely log in to the online dating sites anymore because it was hitting my ego so hard. It's hard to believe that you're even halfway decent looking and have anything going for you when you get ZERO messages in your mailbox. I've read the studies too...and based on my inbox, I can only assume that I'm fugly

On the other hand, I'm now 31, so probably WAY over the age of interest for most guys my age, and I refuse to post pictures with cleavage...

Old 07-13-2012, 07:36 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia112 View Post
Thanks. Not fair you saw pic but dont have one
I dont know how to upload on here sorry. If you want one Ill send it.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:42 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Well, you have to look good on the picture also. Some people are not photogenic. Have you posted your picture? What is misfit?

Anyone can be social after you break the ice which is where the shyness comes from.
Well, my pics are pretty good I'm told, but I'm not photogenic in my opinion.

What is a social misfit? Well, the best example I have here in Atlanta are Indian guys. I say this because they are not taught social skills and many still have arranged marriages. The ones who don't have no clue how to talk to people. They are typically IT professionals and trying to learn Western culture. That's not a knock against Indian guys, but just what I've seen at almost EVERY singles meetup group I've attended. Plus, my ex-wife worked for an Indian company of about 35 people (more than 50% men). There was only one guy there who was really good (better than most Americans) at meeting people and engaging in conversation. But he was in sales and considered very good looking. So there are exceptions, but this is what I've seen in general.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:03 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
What is this myth that women get 100's of e-mails a day? I've never gotten 100 emails a day on match, ever! Even when I first signed up. If I'm active on there I may get a few a day, somedays I don't get any.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
What is this myth that women get 100's of e-mails a day? I've never gotten 100 emails a day on match, ever! Even when I first signed up. If I'm active on there I may get a few a day, somedays I don't get any.
I finally got a message, 6 days after signing up!

"Hey youwana get together sumtime you pretty hot lol"

Yay online dating!

Old 07-13-2012, 03:22 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I finally got a message, 6 days after signing up!

"Hey youwana get together sumtime you pretty hot lol"

Yay online dating!
How could you resist!? LOL

Old 07-13-2012, 03:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
How could you resist!? LOL
I know! And there's this super sexy picture of him holding a bottle of beer while grabbing his crotch and flipping off the camera!

So charming *swoon*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships