Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 03:07 PM

12 posts, read 55,397 times

Advertisements

I met this guy about two years ago and from the beginning we got along very well, we are both attracted to each other and we started hanging out but he just stopped trying and after that we kept in touch every once in a while we ended up sleeping together once and got in a small argument after we got over it after we apologized we stayed in touch a few weeks after but then we just ended up losing touch for about 8 months or around there. I've always cared alot about him but he doesnt see it and ive gotten over it and talked to other guys but to me he's always seemed like the one. A few weeks ago i texted him inviting him to a party i was having we had a short conversation and left things at that then the next day he texted me asking how it was and we started talking from then on every day he would text me good morning/goodnight and we would talk all day and he would make time to see me everyday and would make plans for both of us and some of them were for things happening months away, so it seemed to me like he was planning on sticking around, this was the first thing he was doing so much for me so i figured maybe because i had turned 18 recently and hes 21 he finally wanted something serious. one night we had made plans for i was busy with a family emergency and showed up 2 hours late and he was still just sitting at home waiting for me so we could go out. He doesnt hide me from his friends and hes open about going with my friends so its not like hes trying to secretely be with me and he doesnt ask for sex when were alone together but we will cuddle and sometimes kiss. He will asks about my family, past relationships and we get along well were we can talk about everything, But he has also made it clear he doesnt want a relationship because hes focused on medical school. after about a week he just stopped texting me good morning or even texting me at all i know hes in school and hes busy but he would still make time to text me and now he doesnt. When i asked him about it he just said those other days he had time and now he doesnt but yet when im with him hes texting other people and he says its because its the only free time he has and hes still paying attention and being the same with me so that he doesnt see any problem. But the thing is the only reason we've kept hanging out is because im the one texting him asking to and he'll say yes. After me bringing up the fact that he doesnt text me and stuff he realized i actually had feelings and that by the things i was saying i sounded like i was getting attached and that he's sorry he doesnt do everything i want but that thats not what hes looking for or trying to do and he just said he didnt want me to get mixed feelings just because we've kissed. I believe him that hes focused on school because in the past when ive tried bringing up something about us he tells me hes not looking for anything, he doesnt really go out and he doesnt have any serious relationships so i know its not just with me that he doesnt want too. but what im trying to figure out is what does he really mean by all of it? why was he trying and then out of no where just stopped? sorry its long!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 03:10 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
honey, you are being too easy. All he sees in you is a potential booty call

Move on....

Old 07-13-2012, 03:11 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,878,333 times
Move on

Old 07-13-2012, 03:11 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,115,658 times
Sounds like he likes you but he doesn't want a relationship. When guys say this you should believe them. I've made this mistake myself in the past really liking a guy even though he always said he didn't want a relationship. It's foolish to think you can change his mind on this and you shouldn't waste your time trying. When he has the time or nothing better to do then he makes time for you. He may not be a bad guy, but if you want a relationship and he doesn't this isn't going to end well. I would stop texting, stop inviting him places, stop all contact altogether and move on. If things are meant to work out in the future then they will.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegestudent44 View Post
I met this guy about two years ago and from the beginning we got along very well, we are both attracted to each other and we started hanging out but he just stopped trying and after that we kept in touch every once in a while we ended up sleeping together once and got in a small argument after we got over it after we apologized we stayed in touch a few weeks after but then we just ended up losing touch for about 8 months or around there.

I've always cared alot about him but he doesnt see it and ive gotten over it and talked to other guys but to me he's always seemed like the one. A few weeks ago i texted him inviting him to a party i was having we had a short conversation and left things at that then the next day he texted me asking how it was and we started talking from then on every day he would text me good morning/goodnight and we would talk all day and he would make time to see me everyday and would make plans for both of us and some of them were for things happening months away, so it seemed to me like he was planning on sticking around, this was the first thing he was doing so much for me so i figured maybe because i had turned 18 recently and hes 21 he finally wanted something serious.

one night we had made plans for i was busy with a family emergency and showed up 2 hours late and he was still just sitting at home waiting for me so we could go out. He doesnt hide me from his friends and hes open about going with my friends so its not like hes trying to secretely be with me and he doesnt ask for sex when were alone together but we will cuddle and sometimes kiss.

He will asks about my family, past relationships and we get along well were we can talk about everything, But he has also made it clear he doesnt want a relationship because hes focused on medical school.

after about a week he just stopped texting me good morning or even texting me at all i know hes in school and hes busy but he would still make time to text me and now he doesnt. When i asked him about it he just said those other days he had time and now he doesnt but yet when im with him hes texting other people and he says its because its the only free time he has and hes still paying attention and being the same with me so that he doesnt see any problem. But the thing is the only reason we've kept hanging out is because im the one texting him asking to and he'll say yes. After me bringing up the fact that he doesnt text me and stuff he realized i actually had feelings and that by the things i was saying i sounded like i was getting attached and that he's sorry he doesnt do everything i want but that thats not what hes looking for or trying to do and he just said he didnt want me to get mixed feelings just because we've kissed. I believe him that hes focused on school because in the past when ive tried bringing up something about us he tells me hes not looking for anything, he doesnt really go out and he doesnt have any serious relationships so i know its not just with me that he doesnt want too. but what im trying to figure out is what does he really mean by all of it? why was he trying and then out of no where just stopped? sorry its long!
Your answer is in your own words...

He does not want a relationship.

Quit chasing him.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:16 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,878,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Sounds like he likes you but he doesn't want a relationship. When guys say this you should believe them. I've made this mistake myself in the past really liking a guy even though he always said he didn't want a relationship. It's foolish to think you can change his mind on this and you shouldn't waste your time trying. When he has the time or nothing better to do then he makes time for you. He may not be a bad guy, but if you want a relationship and he doesn't this isn't going to end well. I would stop texting, stop inviting him places, stop all contact altogether and move on. If things are meant to work out in the future then they will.
Guys are full of **** when they say they don't want a relationship. When they say that it means they don't want one with YOU. If the woman of his dreams magically strolled into his life, you can bet he'd have a "sudden" change of heart.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:16 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,482 times
He is not making you a priority in his life.
You should not be making him a priority in yours.

Re-focus your energies on school and yourself. Good luck!

Old 07-13-2012, 03:20 PM

218 posts, read 506,966 times
Punctuation...Paragraphs...ever heard of those?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:30 PM

400 posts, read 566,948 times
I don't know much about friends with benefits relationships and hardly believe in them but it sounds like that's what he wants. It sounds like he has his doubts about trying to get that from you because he's afraid you'd want more and he can't handle the commitment right now.

I say just leave him alone and let him "focus on school"

Old 07-13-2012, 04:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Guys are full of **** when they say they don't want a relationship. When they say that it means they don't want one with YOU. If the woman of his dreams magically strolled into his life, you can bet he'd have a "sudden" change of heart.
This is it exactly!

If he liked her, he would make the time to be in a relationship. Since he doesn't, it's an excuse not to date her.

If only I had a dollar for every time I had a guy tell me he 'liked me, but was too busy for a relationship' then nearly immediately started dating one of my friends...well, I'd have a couple bucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships