Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:17 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,933,916 times

Advertisements

Never tried online dating. I already know it would be an awful experience, so there's no need to try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 01:20 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,768,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Never tried online dating. I already know it would be an awful experience, so there's no need to try.
Smart man.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,933,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Smart man.
Knowing that people will pass on you based on one picture, and I already know I'm an ugly looking guy, I've never actually given it a thought.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:34 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,776,352 times
A co-worker some years ago would cruise the online dating sites to see if he could find anyone he knew on them. He found a couple of female co-workers profiles, printed them out and posted them on the break room bulletin board with the words "hard up need date" written on them.

Oh he thought that was hysterical.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:10 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,514,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
With all the talk about online dating on here, I was just wondering if any of you who use it on here had seen anyone you know on there......moreover......did they see you?!?!?!?!

It seems as though after all of this time of online dating, people would be ok using it, or having someone you know know that you use it.

My sister has a hernia when she knows I am using it. She tells me to meet people out in the community. Ok sister. We live down the street from the Amish. Should I date Amos or Mose?

It's true. I used it back in 2008 after having been separated from my ex for many months. I was actually encouraged by someone on here! Well I did it and I met some nice guys and some weird guys, and a jerk. I picked the jerk.

Well, fast forward three years and I moved back to the area in which I grew up and all my family still lived. I wasn't really meeting people and did meet up with a few people from high school by way of facebook. Well, I wouldn't have dated them then, and that didn't change...

I got a message from a sort of nerdy-nice looking guy. He looked my age and had a nice profile.

He asked if my name was Robyn N. I was like omg. He told me I sat next to him in accounting in 10th grade and acted like he didn't exist.

I looked closer and yes, it was Matt from accounting. I don't remember being mean to him in school, I was just embarrassed out of my mind that someone from high school saw me on there. I never got to thinking that I saw him too!

Well, he was looking for someone to settle down with, marry and have kids. I was looking for the same, but I have already had my kids.

We would talk back and forth and chat. I gave him my number and we would text. He wanted to 'hook up' He wanted me to come over and watch movies with him and snuggle. He would even make the popcorn.

Sheesh! BF and I were talking about online dating the other day. It's where we met. He was fixing a friends pc for him the other day and came home telling me that his buddy was concerned with being able to get his e mails from Match and signing onto match. I was dying. I told my bf I was going to look him up.

I had actually been on Match a few days prior because I was trying to find my bfs profile. He had mentioned something about my profile that he really liked and was the reason he contacted me. I can't for the life of me remember his profile, so I wanted to look at it again.

He deleted his account he told me. I didn't delete mine. I just made myself invisible. Anyways, I found our friend and his profile is all lies.

I looked at his pictures and I was just telling my bf that I think I sent him a message back in the day. That is too funny. He told me I should make up a fake account and mess with his friend.... men are nuts.
I only read the first line because the rest was just a giant wall of text to me

Yes I have actually seen 2 people I know, and they have seen me

Old 07-14-2012, 02:17 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,720,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
A co-worker some years ago would cruise the online dating sites to see if he could find anyone he knew on them. He found a couple of female co-workers profiles, printed them out and posted them on the break room bulletin board with the words "hard up need date" written on them.

Oh he thought that was hysterical.
That was cruel. Bet everybody loved him.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:43 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,776,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
That was cruel. Bet everybody loved him.
He's an immature jerk. Got promoted to supervisor.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:18 PM

11,367 posts, read 24,327,173 times
I saw someone I knew pretty well once. I didn't contact him there, but decided since we were both looking that maybe I should get to know him better. We eventually went on a couple of casual excursions together, not really dates, but things like hikes or listening to music. We had fun, but I didn't see him as someone I'd want to be in a relationship with. Had to turn him down on a couple of invites and that was that. He's still single/not dating anyone, as far as I can tell.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:41 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,228,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I only read the first line because the rest was just a giant wall of text to me

Yes I have actually seen 2 people I know, and they have seen me
My apologies. Anyone here who knows me knows that I am a typing queen. I imagine they skim through it, don't read it, or read and get over it.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:42 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,228,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
He's an immature jerk. Got promoted to supervisor.
Isn't that how it always happens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships